• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

bllawson13

HELP.....PLEASE
I just purchased 2 APX 7000XE radio from eBay. My sole intent for these radios was the utilization of Bluetooth for a product line I sell. Before purchasing I called Motorola and they confirmed with me that Bluetooth was a feature for the serial numbers given. I received the radios and waited on approval for the software. When programming the radio I realized (in short) the Bluetooth was never flashed. I called Motorola and I learned that while these radios have an "optional board" for Bluetooth, they were never "flashed". Motorola informed me that they no longer offer support for this model and there was NOTHING they could do. Even though they created this issue from the beginning. After that I tried calling several Motorola dealers. I have only been successful in speaking with 2 different dealer and both told me that they do not have what is needed on hand.
Does anyone have ANY ideas on what I can do? I know nothing about the process for flashing the Bluetooth boards. Is it possible to find an old flashport key, 2nd hand (or whatever it is I need)? How exactly does this process work? I am willing to do whatever it takes to get the Bluetooth operable on these two radios. I will past the information for the radios below.
Model #: H49TGD9PW1AN
Serial #: 562CNZ5099
Flashport Code: 9012R83114804
Model #: H49TGD9PW1AN
Serial #: 562CNZ5105
Flashport Code: 9012R83114804

s-l1600.jpg

Tech21

Well, if motorola doesn't support it anymore, then officially there is nothing we could do. While it is possible to do what you want, we do not and will not discuss those tools here.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
How did MSI create this issue from the beginning? The radio wasn't ordered with the BT option enabled, you should have checked the flashcode before you purchased them to see what options were enabled.

As far as getting it enabled you'll probably have to go dark web to find a way to do it.

bllawson13

Well, if motorola doesn't support it anymore, then officially there is nothing we could do. While it is possible to do what you want, we do not and will not discuss those tools here.
Maybe I should have been more clear. There are companies that are setup to perform service work on radio, for Motorola. These are usually dealers that also sell the radios. While Motorola does not manufacture the equipment to perform the flashing, there might be service centers that still have this equipment on hand. Some that have experience with this issue or are very familiar with Motorola service centers may be able to point me in the right direction :).

Have a good day bud!

bllawson13

How did MSI create this issue from the beginning? The radio wasn't ordered with the BT option enabled, you should have checked the flashcode before you purchased them to see what options were enabled.

As far as getting it enabled you'll probably have to go dark web to find a way to do it.
Kevin, did you read my post? I called MSI and ran the information on the radios I was purchasing PRIOR to the purchase. They informed me that the BT OB was in place and flashed. So they set me up with CPS and I went ahead with the ordering of the radios.

I understand the last part of your reply. I am experienced with ham radio but learning the workings of this may be a challenge. I will just dive deeper and see what I can find.

Thank you.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Kevin, did you read my post? I called MSI and ran the information on the radios I was purchasing PRIOR to the purchase. They informed me that the BT OB was in place and flashed. So they set me up with CPS and I went ahead with the ordering of the radios.

I understand the last part of your reply. I am experienced with ham radio but learning the workings of this may be a challenge. I will just dive deeper and see what I can find.

Thank you.
Yes I read your post, you stated you gave them the serial number, which doesn't tell you how the radio is flashed.

Maybe they were being jerks and answered the exact question you asked (does this model have BT), but the FC tells the other half of the story.

bllawson13

Yes I read your post, you stated you gave them the serial number, which doesn't tell you how the radio is flashed.

Maybe they were being jerks and answered the exact question you asked (does this model have BT), but the FC tells the other half of the story.
I gave Flashport ID as well. My question: do these radios have Bluetooth OB and can I utilize it? Their answer: "Yes".

People make it mistakes and it's fine. Im just exploring all of my options before I take a loss.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Here's the options those radios have in case you didn't already know.
1698518814103.png

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
People make it mistakes and it's fine. Im just exploring all of my options before I take a loss.

You should have no problem reselling those radios, so maybe a loss, but not a big one.

On the other hand, you learned something valuable:
-Don't trust Motorola call centers.
-Understanding how to decode a flash code, either using online tools, or simply asking on boards like this one, is a good piece of knowledge.
-End of support is always a pain the butt.
-Buying stuff, especially higher end radios, off e-bay, is always a crapshoot.

dickie757

Wired
Hold on. In one of the general pages, you can scroll towards the bottom and put a check in the box. I am away from computer atm, but will help later. I did this to "new to me" 7k. After I activated it, I disconnected prog cable, and pushed updates over bluetooth.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Hold on. In one of the general pages, you can scroll towards the bottom and put a check in the box. I am away from computer atm, but will help later. I did this to "new to me" 7k. After I activated it, I disconnected prog cable, and pushed updates over bluetooth.
BT isn't enabled in the FC. He would need...

QA00583 Bluetooth Operation

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Looking at your flash closer, it's not a very valuable FC.

It takes an ASK to program anything trunking, it doesn't do TDMA, doesn't have multikey and as you discovered BT isn't enabled.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
Ebay search "Motorola APX flash upgrade service" and you will find people who offer upgrades that they have a means of providing, presumably outside of Moto's control. If you do this then ask for BT operation, and legacy software system key operation, at the minimum, to increase their resale value at the very least.