Asheville, Buncombe Co. area feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

nate1992

Hi
I in the past hosted the feeds for Buncombe Co. & Asheville, i am considering putting them back up on RR but i would like to know what the interest in them on RR is first
So please give me your thoughts!!

trumpetman

Database Admin
I like the idea. It definitely gives me a chance to keep up with what's going on at home while I'm in Charlotte (plus I know my non scanner owning friends enjoy it). I've got an old beat up PRO-528 (little bro let it slide off the dash of his car and skip across the pavement, it still works the same as before). If you buy a wall wart for it, you can add that and stream some more stuff as well if you'd like. I'm partial to fire traffic, but I'd enjoy listening to law enforcement as well.

nate1992

I am definitely thinking about putting the feeds back up on RR, Just waiting on some information form site admins first to make final decision, & ill PM you about the Pro - 528

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If you don't mind me asking, what happen to the other 3 feeds? Reason i ask is because we get kind of reluctant to keep adding feeds that are just going to keep being deleted.

If you think this time will be a much better uptime and will not be deleted in a month or two then i'l be happy to add it and im sure many others will be to. Its always good to have more NC feeds :)

Let us know. If you decide then PM me.

Thanks

Last edited:

nate1992

I run a company in my area & on my site i have the audio feeds, ( original i used RR to but them on there),
But i was getting complaints that the feeds would stop working 5 to 10 mins in, As this is one of our main site features i had to find a alternative solution to put up the feeds on my site, i host them my self for the site know, & i always intended to put the feeds back up on RR but i got side tracked & when i went to put them back up it was to late, Now my concerns with putting it back up is would it interfere with my server & clients ????

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
If your running them off your own server (Icecast, shoutcast..etc) then we can set up a relay. Then you would just continue sending the audio via your server.

nate1992

Mkk that would work great =} i am using icecast, Im not sure of how the relay completely works, but i do now you will be needing my relay paswrd right

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Yea, i will PM with all the info i will need. You will need to send me the description of the feed, all agencies,. or, If its going to be the same as one of your previous deleted feeds let me know which one and il just get the info from that.

nate1992

Okay so The Buncombe County/ Asheville area feeds are on here now!!

Trumpetman , waiting to here back form you.

nate1992

Hey wile listing to BCEN hosted feeds, please see the additional feeds page, Join our live chat wile you listen the link is located at the bottom of the additional feeds page!!! on both of our feeds!!

Status
Not open for further replies.