BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I think of it as a service to owners to avoid having to return the radios later on for a repair that can easily be made when the radio is on for other work.

I guess once the units are repaired the service center doesn't want to see them again.

wise871

Database Admin
I noticed that when I received my scanner back for the RTC problem I now have the dim display problem. Didn't have it when it was shipped.

Jim

Upload a photo of the display. The original dim display took time to develop. Since Uniden just started the repair campaign the LED won't have enough time to go bad. Also this would be the first report of this after all the repairs so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

I wonder if the replacement LED's are not as bright? Or maybe they opted to just reduce voltage on the same LED's to prevent future dimming???

I need a BRIGHT DISPLAY, thank you. Not a copout workaround, if that is what they did.

Phil

wise871

Database Admin
I would wait and see what others have to say Phil. My display was fine on my 436 and I should have it back this week since it was entered into repair on Friday. K4DPS will also get his back this week and his display was totally dim. Will let you know our thoughts. Again, haven't heard any other negative comments on the 436 LED repair except for the one person. If the repair is anything like the one they did on both of my 536, there nice and bright. As you can see, my 536 is nice and bright.

Attachments

• IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 739
Last edited:

Dutchster

Mine was received on the 7th and shipped back on the 11th. Looks like I got the battery modification, four diodes and a complimentary firmware upgrade! UPS is saying it won't arrive back here until Friday so I don't have an actual report just yet.

ve3zo

Well I received the email today..my 536 is on its way back to me. I will post the repairs when I get it back.

W4UVV

Can some please post the link for x36 date/time repair???

Can someone PLEASE post the repair submission link for the UC21 date/time repair registration/repair. I have searched this forum and there are hundreds of discussions about it but no link I posted for it I can find in searching RR or on the Uniden website.

Why this link is not a "sticky" I do not know. If it is I can't find it.

I need to submit my second 536 for repair but I cannot find the initial serial number registration link. Tnx.

John

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
Can someone PLEASE post the repair submission link for the UC21 date/time repair registration/repair. I have searched this forum and there are hundreds of discussions about it but no link I posted for it I can find in searching RR or on the Uniden website.

Why this link is not a "sticky" I do not know. If it is I can't find it.

I need to submit my second 536 for repair but I cannot find the initial serial number registration link. Tnx.

John

What is the UC21 repair? If your looking for the BCDX36HP repair look at the 1st post in this thread. Here is the link:

https://www.uniden.com/product-information/bcdx36hp-repair-campaign

wise871

Database Admin
What hurts is UPS delivered my 436 on Tuesday but they didn't log it into the repair center until Friday (today). So it sat for two days. I should have it back before next Friday if all goes as the 536 did.

Looks like things have slowed up some. My 536 were in and out in no time. My 436 which I shipped in the 4th, arrived on the 8th, logged receive on the 11th hasn't made any progress. Maybe Ill hear something by tomorrow. After that any shipping will not arrive until the following week. :(

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Looks like things have slowed up some. My 536 were in and out in no time. My 436 which arrived by UPS on the 8th, logged receive on the 11th hasn't made any progress. Maybe Ill hear something by tomorrow. After that any shipping will not arrive until the following week. :(

Did you check your "Estimated ship date"? Mine was received on the 8th, logged on the 9th, with a estimated ship date of 12-30.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
Did you check your "Estimated ship date"? Mine was received on the 8th, logged on the 9th, with a estimated ship date of 12-30.

OK, I must be missing something. I just checked mine, it is in the repair center since last week. Where is the estimated ship date, or does that appear after the radios leave the repair center.

wise871

Database Admin

I've never seen Uniden actually ship by the estimate date. It's always been way earlier. My last repair was estimated for 11/25/2015 and it shipped 11/09/2015. From receive to ship was only 5 days. Technically since they didn't officially log it in until the 11, I have until tomorrow for 5 days on the 436.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I've never seen Uniden actually ship by the estimate date. It's always been way earlier. My last repair was estimated for 11/25/2015 and it shipped 11/09/2015. From receive to ship was only 5 days. Technically since they didn't officially log it in until the 11, I have until tomorrow for 5 days on the 436.

Understood.

My 536 was received on a Tuesday and back in my hands by that Friday, not so lucky on the 436. :(

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'll start out be explaining that for some reason, Uniden didn't have my street address for the return. That was corrected today when the very nice Stacey from repair contacted me.

I was also able to finally get the SRO number to produce a result. My 536 is fixed and "in line to be shipped" as of yesterday. The repair order says that they did the battery modification and replaced D415-418, Which are the display LEDs. Second time for that on this scanner. Hopefully they are using different spec. components.

The 436 is noted as having been received as of 12/11.

I expect that Uniden will wait until that is repaired to ship them both back. The estimated ship date is 1/1/2016. I somehow doubt that Uniden is working on New Year's Day, so I hope it's earlier than that. Since 1/1 is a Friday, that means it won't actually go out until Monday, 1/4. I expect that they are shipping it back by UPS Ground, which means it won't get to me in the northeast until the 8th at the earliest, more likely the 11th. Which will mean a five week turn around.

Based on my previous shipping of the 536HP for the first LED repair, it should actually ship well before that. At least I hope so.

Seems like the 436 turnaround times are taking longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.