BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Well, it's good to know that they aren't holding the 536 until the 436 is done. I should see my 536 shipped tomorrow.

This was my 536...

10/20/2015 UNIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED
10/21/2015 IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED
10/22/2015 UNIT HAS BEEN SHIPPED

This is my 436...

12/09/2015 UNIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED

:(:(:(

MichiganMedicA8

Premium Subscriber
OK - newbie here. Just purchased both 436 and 536. Am I to assume ( I know) that there is something wrong with these units? Have played with the. 436 but have not even turned the 536 on. Is there a form somewhere to fill out if I do?

wise871

Database Admin
So Uniden, what's the hold up with the 436 repairs. Did the December parts not arrive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
I got my notice yesterday

I have the 436 and Uniden contacted me yesterday with return information. Sent it out today.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
436 Repair timing

My request went in on 11-03 still no word from Uniden on shipping it to them. Seems like a long time but I guess you can add Thanksgiving into that and the Christmas break and expect them to catch up next year.

So Uniden, what's the hold up with the 436 repairs. Did the December parts not arrive?

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
My request went in on 11-03 still no word from Uniden on shipping it to them. Seems like a long time but I guess you can add Thanksgiving into that and the Christmas break and expect them to catch up next year.

I believe Dan's concern is that both of us have sent our 436 in and they have been listed as "received" for 9 days with no further updates.

wise871

Database Admin
When the 536 are turned around in a day or two and the 436 were requested to be sent in and then just sit there than yes I'm concerned. Why request them if there just going to sit.

AntRat

So I just bought a 436. What other problems can I expect? Should I register it and go through the 2 day torture test to entice the clock issue to show it's self?

It was either that or the 536.

Thanks, Scott

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
This really affects my decision to purchase the ProVoice upgrade. I'm going to San Antonio over the holidays (all PV), but if my radio isn't back in time I don't have much of a need for it. The update came out on the same day my return notice came in so I didn't have a chance to get the PV key, may be glad I didn't now.

dsalomon

Premium Subscriber
Scott -

The 536 has the same time issue as the 436. I can only assume that the current ones being sold have the issues fixed since Uniden is recalling existing units to do the repair at no charge. Both my 436 and 536 are at Uniden waiting for repair for the clock issue.

Best regards - David

AntRat

Thanks David,

I called Uniden before I purchased and asked if they were still shipping affected units, 436 and 536. He said he didn't know and didn't have any serial number "cutoff" information for affected/unaffected units. So, I guess it's a crap shoot.

I hope the 436 doesnt have the backlight and other issues the 536 does, guess I'll "get it in line" for repair anyway and consider a 536 for future so I can at least have one or the other here full time.

Thanks Again,

Scott

troymail

Silent Key
Thanks David,

I called Uniden before I purchased and asked if they were still shipping affected units, 436 and 536. He said he didn't know and didn't have any serial number "cutoff" information for affected/unaffected units. So, I guess it's a crap shoot.

I hope the 436 doesnt have the backlight and other issues the 536 does, guess I'll "get it in line" for repair anyway and consider a 536 for future so I can at least have one or the other here full time.

Thanks Again,

Scott

I think the potential issues for both the 436 and 536 are the same -- RTC, dimming LEDs, etc. -- the only exception would have been the headphone issues but it was said that only affected the early batch below a certain serial number.

wise871

Database Admin
As Uniden stated "we will not send you a label unless we are certain that we have the parts on hand". :roll:

Voyager

Should I register it and go through the 2 day torture test to entice the clock issue to show it's self?

If you're asking if you should give the RTC battery the initial charge, well, do you ever want the clock to keep the time?

This really affects my decision to purchase the ProVoice upgrade. I'm going to San Antonio over the holidays (all PV), but if my radio isn't back in time I don't have much of a need for it.

Maybe you can pick it up on the way. After all, doesn't Paul live in range of SA? (a dig at another thread that claimed UPMan added PV because he can use it... when in fact he lives about 300 miles away).

mrkelso

Since coming back from Uniden Repair and them doing some kind of firmware upgrade, my siren app is now communicating perfectly with my iPhone. Hmmm i wonder what they did? I just looked over the repair invoice and they did all the repairs plus the headphone jack and a firmware upgrade. I had done all the firmware before sending it in......???? Strange........But hey i,m not complaining.

garys

Premium Subscriber
My 436HP has been "received" since 12/11. My 546HP has been "in line to be shipped" since 12/14. Even with the confusion about my shipping address, I'd have expected it to have been shipped by now.

I'm resigned to not seeing either one until after Christmas and more likely after the new year.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Possible, but if that were the case and I knew it, I'd have waited until after New Year's to send the radios in. Which would have given me a chance to buy the PV update and play around with it a bit.

Perhaps Uniden has hit a holiday break/slowdown...???

Status
Not open for further replies.