BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Has anyone gotten there 436 back yet? The 536 turnaround time is much faster. Wonder if the parts arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
My understanding was that those of us sending back a 436 would get later notices once the parts were available. I send back one of each and my 536 is noted as ready to ship, but there is nothing other than an acknowledgement that the 436 has been received and placed in the repair center. That's the current status as of now.

I'll be a bit disappointed if there is a significant delay in repairing the 436 and the 536 is held until both are done.

Has anyone gotten there 436 back yet? The 536 turnaround time is much faster. Wonder if the parts arrived.

wise871

Database Admin
I'm surprised that they don't ship you back the 536 for now. Even when users sent more than one 536, they were all shipped back in separate boxes with separate UPS labels. I still think something is up with the 436 repair. To many people reporting received and there just sitting their.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
Maybe they will. I'm basing my comments on the fact that they asked people who were shipping both models back to hold off until the parts for the 436 were in. I just figured that they'd want to ship them both back together to save shipping costs.

If they ship them back separately, I wonder if I'll get two pens? :lol:

I'm surprised that they don't ship you back the 536 for now. Even when users sent more than one 536, they were all shipped back in separate boxes with separate UPS labels.

wise871

Database Admin
Maybe they will. I'm basing my comments on the fact that they asked people who were shipping both models back to hold off until the parts for the 436 were in. I just figured that they'd want to ship them both back together to save shipping costs.

If they ship them back separately, I wonder if I'll get two pens? :lol:

You will. Each box has a pen. I don't understand the cost savings if there shipping back in separate boxes. I guess they save a little by having the users send them all in one box. If the 436 parts were not ready than I wish they didn't ask for them to be sent in until they were ready for them.

ve3zo

This may have been answered before. Forgive me if it's duplicate...i received an email that my 536 was shipped. .however the online invoice says return date Dec 30..estimated. ..

Was it shipped or not..

wise871

Database Admin
This may have been answered before. Forgive me if it's duplicate...i received an email that my 536 was shipped. .however the online invoice says return date Dec 30..estimated. ..

Was it shipped or not..

Yes it was shipped, ignore the estimate date. Tracking number should show up later on invoice.

mrkelso

My 536 is back from repair and working like a charm. They fixed everything on the list and sent me back the same unit that i sent them. I put a little mark on the chassis so i know it's the real MaCoy. Plus they sent me a nice shiny new Uniden Bottle opener as a gift. 3 Cheers for Uniden!!!!!!! Now do the same with my 436 and I'm a Happier than a pig in a poke customer.

wise871

Database Admin
So here is my question to Uniden, did the parts for the 436 repair come in or not? Sure are a few 436 going in but none coming out. I would have held onto mine longer if I would have known.

Dutchster

Mine came back today and it's working great. They must have run out of pens - like mrkelso I got a Uniden bottle opener too!

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
I'm surprised that they don't ship you back the 536 for now. Even when users sent more than one 536, they were all shipped back in separate boxes with separate UPS labels. I still think something is up with the 436 repair. To many people reporting received and there just sitting their.

This was my 536...

10/20/2015 UNIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED
10/21/2015 IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED
10/22/2015 UNIT HAS BEEN SHIPPED

This is my 436...

12/09/2015 UNIT HAS BEEN RECEIVED

:(:(:(

wise871

Database Admin
Something is up definitely up with the 436 repair.

Last edited:

Dutchster

Mine came back today and it's working great. They must have run out of pens - like mrkelso I got a Uniden bottle opener too!
Too late to edit so I'll add this - a nice touch by the Uniden folks... I just noticed that the clock was set to the correct timezone, which is not the same as Uniden's location. That's a nice attention to detail there.

Status
Not open for further replies.