BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

Since coming back from Uniden Repair and them doing some kind of firmware upgrade, my siren app is now communicating perfectly with my iPhone. Hmmm i wonder what they did? I just looked over the repair invoice and they did all the repairs plus the headphone jack and a firmware upgrade. I had done all the firmware before sending it in......???? Strange........But hey i,m not complaining.

Is it possible you were not using the latest sentinel when you updated the firmware? There have been a couple times when a new Sentinel was required - including on the last firmware dated earlier this month. I don't suppose you know the version you were using when you sent it in, do you?

If you use older Sentinel, it could say your firmware is up to date when it is not.

wise871

Database Admin
Possible, but if that were the case and I knew it, I'd have waited until after New Year's to send the radios in. Which would have given me a chance to buy the PV update and play around with it a bit.

This is just another example of Unidens customer support. I asked here about the delay, no answer. I called the repair center, no answer after being on hold 30 minutes. I asked on the Facebook page both by message and post-to-page. No reply from message and post-to-page question was never approved. Granted we were told it could take up to 3 weeks but why are the 536 being repaired and returned in just a matter of a few days and the 436 are not. If I was to guess I bet those early to mid December 436 parts didn't make it. With the Christmas break coming up I bet we don't see them start to return until after the new year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
I sent an email to Stacey from customer service earlier today asking if the 536s are being held or sent back. No answer yet.

I'm not concerned one way or the other, but it seems odd that they give a SRO number and a link to check the status, but at least in my case, the status hasn't changed since Monday.

Oh well.

This is just another example of Unidens customer support. I asked here about the delay, no answer. I called the repair center, no answer after being on hold 30 minutes. I asked on the Facebook page both by message and post-to-page. No reply from message and post-to-page question was never approved. Granted we were told it could take up to 3 weeks but why are the 536 being repaired and returned in just a matter of a few days and the 436 are not. If I was to guess I bet those early to mid December 436 parts didn't make it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
I sent an email to Stacey from customer service earlier today asking if the 536s are being held or sent back. No answer yet.

I'm not concerned one way or the other, but it seems odd that they give a SRO number and a link to check the status, but at least in my case, the status hasn't changed since Monday.

Oh well.

I know will get them back but my point is don't tell your customers "we will not send you a label unless we are certain that we have the parts on hand" and then they just sit there. I'm calling foul. I've talked to users who have sent in the 536 just a few days later and already have them back. Some folks on here have already stated that if they had known there would be a delay than they would have waited until after the new years.

mrkelso

Is it possible you were not using the latest sentinel when you updated the firmware? There have been a couple times when a new Sentinel was required - including on the last firmware dated earlier this month. I don't suppose you know the version you were using when you sent it in, do you?

If you use older Sentinel, it could say your firmware is up to date when it is not.

Thats probably what happen. I'll have to check the version on my laptop but i am to lazy to go out to the truck to bring it in. :)

Soundman

I have been whating for 3 month to get my 536 and 436 to get fixed . So I am in the same boat .

wise871

Database Admin
Thanks to Uniden on Facebook I received my answer to the 436 repair delay question. The parts haven't arrived yet and they apologized for the delay. Now was that so difficult? At least they were up front on FB about the delay. That's all we wanted to know.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Thanks to Uniden on Facebook I received my answer to the 436 repair delay question. The parts haven't arrived yet and they apologized for the delay. Now was that so difficult? At least they were up front on FB about the delay. That's all we wanted to know.

Thanks for the info...and that sucks.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Parts are arriving today. Not sure what caused the delay (they should have been here a week ago based on when they left the factory, but something happened in transit).

garys

Premium Subscriber
I just received and email that my 536HP will be shipped back, but that the 436HP is still waiting on parts availability.

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
Parts are arriving today. Not sure what caused the delay (they should have been here a week ago based on when they left the factory, but something happened in transit).
Shipping around the holidays delays are common based on the online ordering of products for xmas

ve3zo

It has been one week since I received the email stating my 536hp was shipped to me. I have not received a tracking number for it yet.. can I contact uniden about this ..if so anyone in particular.

wise871

Database Admin
It has been one week since I received the email stating my 536hp was shipped to me. I have not received a tracking number for it yet.. can I contact uniden about this ..if so anyone in particular.

Do you have a tracking number on the Repair Status web page? I would just post your SRO# here and let UPMan check.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Assuming the information is correct, you can also go to repair.uniden.com enter the SRO and shipping ZIP Code and get an update. I don't know if it's totally current as mine hasn't changed since 12/14/2015. Then again...

Do you have a tracking number on the Repair Status web page? I would just post your SRO# here and let UPMan check.

wise871

Database Admin

If the parts did arrive yesterday than maybe some of us will be lucky enough to get our radios back before Christmas.

ve3zo

After checking the status page today, i noticed that the invoice is now closed and shows that it has been shipped. Shipped today or shipped last week when I received the email..?

I guess, either way my 536 is on its way back to me.

wise871

Database Admin
Don't hold your breath waiting.

Well to my surprise I just received a shipping notice for my 436. I just may see it before Christmas seeing I'm 2 days aways via UPS. K4DPS received his also.

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
To MY surprise, I just received a shipping notification as well. The notice doesn't say if just the 536HP shipped or both. Checking the status shows the same status with the 536HP in line to be shipped and the 436HP noted as having been received.

Maybe that will be updated and I'll get a tracking number to see what's going on.

Well to my surprise I just received a shipping notice for my 436. I just may see it before Christmas seeing I'm 2 days aways via UPS. K4DPS received his also.

Status
Not open for further replies.