BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrail

I got my Email today but will not be sending it till maybe next week. It will take 2 weeks to get there if it was out tomorrow most likely do to the holidays. Should only be a week normally. I hope Uniden ships it back to me the same way as the 536 after the headphone fix. (Fedex two day to Canada)

Looking forward to the LED fix for my 536 that does not have the RTC issue

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Well to my surprise I just received a shipping notice for my 436. I just may see it before Christmas seeing I'm 2 days aways via UPS. K4DPS received his also.

Got mine also. UPS in-state is normally 1 day so we'll see what happens.

seiren

Forein user

I have received Repair Campaign Instructions E-Mail.
But I cannot register my address to UPS shipping from.
There are no choices outside North America.
I am living in Japan.

Thanks.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
I'll be seeing mine on 12/30. Just in time for New Year debacles lol. Parts on 436...controller board mod. Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
I'll be seeing mine on 12/30. Just in time for New Year debacles lol. Parts on 436...controller board mod. Interesting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. Wonder if the entire control board was replaced or they just used mod as a general repair term. On the 536 it was stated Battery and LED's. I'll have mine Thursday, just in time for the holidays.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Both shipped yesterday with delivery expected 12/30. Replacing the entire control board must have cost more than making a repair. I think that shows Uniden's commitment tosupporting the radios.

dsalomon

Premium Subscriber
I finally got my notice that it was being shipped. It had be sitting in the repair queue for 2 months (waiting on 436 parts, I sent in both a 436 and 536). Now that they finally got it in to work on it, I find that only the 536 has a status of ready to ship, and by the way, it won't ship until after Jan 1. The 436 is still waiting on parts. Come on, Uniden. You're adding insult to injury. I guess my next scanner will be a Whistler, because this is just one thing too many out of the Uniden people.

wise871

Database Admin
The entire board is replaced then reflashed with your original ESN.

I'm thinking that the parts are so small on the 436 compared to the 536 it was easier to just replace the board. Defiantly speeds up the repair process, thanks.

Flatshovel

Glad to hear that Uniden is replacing the boards in the affected units. I want to upgrade to this model, however I am curious to see if any one has any issue's once the board has been changed out. I am not in that much of a hurry to be honest as the area I live in still uses P25 Phase 1. And finding out that this unit has issues has also made my decision to wait as well. I wonder what was the reason to have to fix most of the units, cheap or faulty led's? For the price of a new unit you would think that the components would be of high quality?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

wise871

Database Admin
I am curious to see if any one has any issue's once the board has been changed out. I am not in that much of a hurry to be honest

I'm sure there will be no problems with the new boards. You do know it took about a year for the first problems to develop and almost 2 years to get fixed. If your going to wait and see if new problems arise with the replacement board then your really not interested in the 436 because you will never know what will happen in the future. As far as cost, higher price of electronics does not necessarily mean quality parts. Also who is to say if you pick up a 436 a year from now that it will have the new/fixed board?

I wonder what was the reason to have to fix most of the units, cheap or faulty led's?
They were originally being sent in for the RTC Battery. LED's are being fixed but not the main reason the units were sent in for.

Last edited:

ve3zo

I just got off the phone with uniden customer service. The person there was able to provide me a tracking number and who the courier is..FEDEX. I should have the 536hp tomorrow as it is in canada and only a few hours away from me.

omrail

I just got off the phone with uniden customer service. The person there was able to provide me a tracking number and who the courier is..FEDEX. I should have the 536hp tomorrow as it is in canada and only a few hours away from me.

Good to know that it is coming back via FedEx for use in Canada.

KevinC

The big K
Super Moderator
Got mine also. UPS in-state is normally 1 day so we'll see what happens.

Got my 436 back and I'm not a happy camper! No pen or bottle opener, just the radio I sent in.

But seriously, it receives, so I'll let it charge for a couple of days and see what it does.

Hulca

How can I check to see if Uniden has received by 436?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

garys

Premium Subscriber
You'll get an email from them. That will include a SRO # you can use to track the progress @ repairs.uniden.com.

How can I check to see if Uniden has received by 436?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

mjs438

Premium Subscriber
After receiving my scanner back from repair I noticed the following:

Sometimes when downloading updates to my scanner - the scanner powers off before I have a chance to click Write to Scanner. I have to turnoff the scanner using the volume control and back on to power scanner back on. Has anyone experienced this issue?

Sintenel S/W version 1.06 and scanner firmware 1.10.02

Status
Not open for further replies.