BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveharpe

I think either repair involves changing the board, so requesting either gets both.

I guess the answer is that if you think you might not like the repair, don't get it. It's up to you to decide which is best for you.

Sure. Now that people KNOW the repair might suck, that's great advice. When I sent mine in it was part of the repair campaign and I hadn't seen any reports of bad displays or any other issues. I did have the clock issue so it made sense to get it fixed.

Great choices. Live with the clock issue and keep a semi-crappy display, or get the clock fixed and get a really crappy display as a bonus.

WONDERFUL customer service.

Flatshovel

Not that this applies to the repair campaign but anyone notice that the price of the radio went back up? Just wondering as I was considering purchasing one but really waiting to see what the outcome was with the repairs. I would love to own one of these radios but sounds like the foxed display is no better than it was.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Flatshovel

Not that this applies to the repair campaign but anyone notice that the price of the radio went back up? Just wondering as I was considering purchasing one but really waiting to see what the outcome was with the repairs. I would love to own one of these radios but sounds like the fixed display is no better than it was. I also wonder if the price increase is related to the campaign?

Voyager

I would love to own one of these radios but sounds like the foxed display is no better than it was.

I haven't seen anyone say the new one is going dim.

All I've seen are complaints that the color is different, and a "better color" will always be subjective.

Personally, I would choose an LED that works as opposed to one that may not last - no matter how much I like the color of the one that may fail. But, that's just me. To each his own.

I guess some people wanted them to use the same LEDs and expect a different result. That's the definition of insanity, BTW.

K2KOH

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I noticed on my 436 was the weird color of the screen. Other than that, I can see the display clearly at mid setting, and I still insist the receiver seems a bit better than before. I am very happy with the repairs Uniden did to both radios.

bitstream

The LED color on my repaired 436 looks fine to me. I keep it on Low setting Contrast 12 and I can read it fine and see nothing funky about it.

emt_531

I got mine back this week and the total time was 10-14 days including shipping. I had both the clock and display issue and I like the new color, it is easier to see.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
My two 436HPs arrived on Jan 4 according to UPS. Uniden acknowledged receipt on Jan 11. Now status says estimated ship date Feb 1. Probably a backlog of repairs, or some parts are running out. Oh well, will just have to wait.

sflmonitor

196 ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
My two 436HPs arrived on Jan 4 according to UPS. Uniden acknowledged receipt on Jan 11. Now status says estimated ship date Feb 1. Probably a backlog of repairs, or some parts are running out. Oh well, will just have to wait.
I was just about to ask how long it is taking for Uniden to acknowledge receipt. I shipped my 436 on Jan 11 and they received it Jan 15 but it's not yet reflecting on their status page. I guess I'll keep checking throughout the week.

freqs

I have a question .iam going to send mine in today ,but I have a issue with the holder for the SD card should I just enclose a letter explaining the issue or how would I go about it

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I have a question .iam going to send mine in today ,but I have a issue with the holder for the SD card should I just enclose a letter explaining the issue or how would I go about it

It doesn't hurt to mention the problem. you never know what will happen. I sent 1 of my 536HPs in for the RTC recall, as did other users, and they fixed the RTC problem and the dimming display issue.

Gilligan

Database Admin
I got mine back about a week ago. I must say I am impressed with Uniden's customer service. There was a minor issue with the mailing return so I wrote an email to Upman just to let him know for future customers. Although I didn't get an email response, he evidently forwarded it on to the appropriate department because they completely addressed the problem in full and I am very pleased with their attention to detail. Thank you, Uniden, for providing me with excellent customer service, and for fixing the RTC clock issue with my radio.

troymail

Silent Key
Well, just went to the Customer service page to check status on my 436 and 536 that both went in at the same time.

It appears that the 536 repairs were completed a week ago (1/11) and the radio is just sitting there.

The 436 still shows "received" and both are showing an estimated ship date of 1/29....

It's becoming clear that Uniden wasn't prepared to repair my 436 when I received my notice and shipping label on 12/23....

Edit 35 minutes later: just got notice that my unit (units?) have shipped... pointing me to the customer service page that still states the above details...

Last edited:

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Edit 35 minutes later: just got notice that my unit (units?) have shipped... pointing me to the customer service page that still states the above details...

Their tracking system is a little odd. The webpage has never said anything but "received" since the Monday after my 436 got there on a Friday and that's how it reads now, BUT, I just got an email saying it had shipped and including a UPS tracking number.

As long as I don't see "PLEASE SET CLOCK", I don't much care.

ETA: Ohhhhh ... there are two status pages. One for the short number you got when you sent for the UPS label and another where you can check the actual repair status. Missed that. Anyway, the repair status page says my unit's estimated ship date is 2/1 ... did I mention I got mail with a UPS tracking number? :)

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
The estimated shipping dates are "pessimistic". My estimated date was 1/1/2016, but I had both scanner in hand on Dec. 30th. They shipped in two packages, each with it's own shipping number. That part confused me, and I got one on the 29th and the second on the 30th.

It is a bit confusing.

Their tracking system is a little odd. The webpage has never said anything but "received" since the Monday after my 436 got there on a Friday and that's how it reads now, BUT, I just got an email saying it had shipped and including a UPS tracking number.

As long as I don't see "PLEASE SET CLOCK", I don't much care.

ETA: Ohhhhh ... there are two status pages. One for the short number you got when you sent for the UPS label and another where you can check the actual repair status. Missed that. Anyway, the repair status page says my unit's estimated ship date is 2/1 ... did I mention I got mail with a UPS tracking number? :)

plaws

Premium Subscriber
The estimated shipping dates are "pessimistic". My estimated date was 1/1/2016, but I had both scanner in hand on Dec. 30th. They shipped in two packages, each with it's own shipping number. That part confused me, and I got one on the 29th and the second on the 30th.

It is a bit confusing.

That's the way to do it, under-promise and over-deliver. So many places get that backwards.

Annnndddd ... I just got an email from Brown saying it will be here tomorrow (I'm only a few hundred miles from Roanoke, Texas). Hurray! :)

Markscan

Premium Subscriber
My status said my 436 would not be shipped until the 28th. I just got an email stating its on the way back. I have been using my 396xt, and I didn't realize how much I missed my 436. Lots of distortion and missed calls. We have a large phase 2 system in our area, and it really stunk not being able to listen to it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kc2kth

Got an update today. My 436 is on its way home! As a reminder I received my info to return the scanner right around Christmas but held off until after the 1st to ship. It was received by Uniden on the 7th.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Uh Oh. I failed to follow instructions. I dropped the package off at the UPS drop location. However, I forgot to write, in black market, SRO Returns on the outside of the box.

Is that going to be a major issue?

Mike

plaws

Premium Subscriber
Uh Oh. I failed to follow instructions. I dropped the package off at the UPS drop location. However, I forgot to write, in black market, SRO Returns on the outside of the box.

Is that going to be a major issue?

Mike

Did the same thing. UPMan says it doesn't much matter and given that mine is on it's way back a week after it was received, I believe him. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.