BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcool101

Feed Provider
Uh Oh. I failed to follow instructions. I dropped the package off at the UPS drop location. However, I forgot to write, in black market, SRO Returns on the outside of the box.

Is that going to be a major issue?

Mike
We will have a race Mike....:D....I dropped mine off at UPS Hollywood Plaza today. I wrote on it 4 sides SRO Returns..Girl there told me it should arrive Thur. or Fri.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
We will have a race Mike....:D....I dropped mine off at UPS Hollywood Plaza today. I wrote on it 4 sides SRO Returns..Girl there told me it should arrive Thur. or Fri.

Haha Russ. I have a feeling yours will get their first. My luck, my lack of preparedness will hold things up. I'm waiting to see the tracking online.

m

Bearcatman911

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Question

This may have been answered in the thread already I scanned through it. Has anyone gotten back a 436 from the repair and is the display now brighter? I saw the pics but wasn't sure which is which....

sflmonitor

196 ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
I was just about to ask how long it is taking for Uniden to acknowledge receipt. I shipped my 436 on Jan 11 and they received it Jan 15 but it's not yet reflecting on their status page. I guess I'll keep checking throughout the week.

*UPDATE* So I'm very impressed with Uniden customer service/repair center so far. They updated the status page as received on the Jan 18. It was repaired and sent to the shipping department the same day. It shipped out today. The return address was initially wrong but customer service took care of it immediately. So far so good. BTW, the repair page states they did a Control Board Modification on the unit.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
That's the way to do it, under-promise and over-deliver. So many places get that backwards.

Annnndddd ... I just got an email from Brown saying it will be here tomorrow (I'm only a few hundred miles from Roanoke, Texas). Hurray! :)

Got it back today. Had to update the firmware and re-enter the PRV key, but all good otherwise.

I guess the display is a little yellowy? Maybe? But not objectionable to me.

wise871

Database Admin
So I wasn't seeing things when I posted my 436 display looked off from from when I first sent it in. I agree, the new displays has yellowish tint and look worse. Not as easy to see as before. I am disappointed.

My display before the repair.

Attachments

• 436.jpg
    436.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 553

omrail

Spoke with Customer Service and despite having received an email saying my scanner shipped on the 11th and the webpage showing the status as shipped, my units are still sitting there. Apparently there's some sort of hold on them.

The Estimated Ship Date is 01/28/2016. Hard to believe that it will take 17 days to get a unit ready for shipping?

My guess is that they are waiting until they have a large enough shipment to Canada that they can ship these with. I won't see a tracking number until that consolidated shipment is broken down into individual shipments by Fedex.

I can only hope this is not the case but it seems likely.

Hello MikeOxlong

Did you get your units yet or any update on them? If you did get them did you get a tracking number before showing up?

One status page showing shipped and the other status page showing in line to be shipped. From your other post I'm beginning to think my unit has not been shipped yet. Very confusing.

Voyager

Some services are automated and consider items "shipped" as soon as the label is printed. I don't know what service Uniden is using, but that may be the case.

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Premium Subscriber
How long do these repairs take?

I sent my 436 in on 1/1, the repair center received it 1/7. As of this date I am still getting this message. "Your product has been received and has been placed into the repair center."

What's the turnaround on these radios???

genemalet

Lifetime Member and RadioReference Board Member
Premium Subscriber
I don't have time, I have a job and don't have time to read all these pages. If you don't work for uniden then it's really not important to respond. I just need answers. I don't enjoy shipping stuff back and forth all the time to fix things. I am sure you understand that.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
You are unlikely to get a direct answer from Uniden via these forums either. I'm sure you understand that...

Status
Not open for further replies.