BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

You agree with me but you don't....:roll:

Well, you say I don't. :D

Fact. The fix involved a new board with new leds and a battery fix.

In the case of the 436, yes. In the case of the 536, your fact is not a fact because it's wrong (there was no new board on the 536).

And its white (or so).

True. Maybe a little cream colored, but I'll agree to white.

The new serial #s are blue. Why aren't the new Serial #s white?

Because they are old stock? Define "new SN". I know it was said it was a new SN, but did not define that.

Are the new Serial #s fixed? Are there 2 boards (white and blue)? I doubt it. My bet says new ones will dim................:(

You may be correct, but there have yet to be any reports of the "white" ones dimming.

I would hope all the new SNs are fixed. Of course, there are not that many new SN out there yet.

Voyager

Not really, just hit the table a little harder by accident, regardless, not even hard enough that it should have hurt anything.

It might be worth opening it up to see if a plug came loose. I would do that after I tried the alternate power source test.

Reference the duck pic, that is F-U-N-N-Y!!! (or hilarious if you don't like the word funny...)

rcool101

Feed Provider
In the case of the 436... Yes....That is what the post and pic was about....All 536s are blue..pre and post.
You define new....I don't know what is new...The OP said it was a new SN....I kind of doubt it.
The bottom line is nobody knows when a new SN was manufactured..It will be hit and miss....AKA... a cluster

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I will give it a try, in the morning, thanks for the good info, I appreciate it

Voyager

Just looking at the inside I would not think it would void the warranty. Same for plugging in a plug that came loose (if that ends up being what it is).

After all, to install it in the DIN mount you have to remove the outer case.

The only reason I mention it is because that was an issue (minor - not many had it but a few did) in other models. It would also explain the no power-up if the plug runs to the on/off switch (but I would check them all).

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
The seller is exchanging it for me, so all is good. Thanks all.

benburke

UPMan, I'm not in any hurry by any means, however the status of my return still shows "Email link sent." UPS delivered my 436 on May 17th. Does this indicate a problem to be concerned about? The reference number is 6515.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
UPMan, I'm not in any hurry by any means, however the status of my return still shows "Email link sent." UPS delivered my 436 on May 17th. Does this indicate a problem to be concerned about? The reference number is 6515.

Mine is showing the same. I wouldn't worry about it.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Not too worry. I saw where Uniden received my scanner on 5/13 (Friday) according to UPS tracking information. Uniden sent a message acknowledging receipt on 5/18 (Wednesday). On 5/20 (Friday) they sent a message saying it was repaired and shipped back.

This is for the second scanner I sent back. The first one followed pretty much the same time frame.

benburke

Will I be charged? My 436 is slightly over a year old, however, I thought (assumed) this repair program was for ALL X36 units regardless of age. I received an email today that said, "Uniden Service Inc. has received your item for repair. SRO xxxx486 is your reference#. Visit www.uniden.com, Customer Service tab, for status and inquiries. When I visit Uniden's page, I found the following:

"Uniden will not be responsible for non-warrantied repair units that are sent in without payment and in which payment was not provided within 30 days of receipt of the unit."

So, are scanners outside of the normal one year warranty time period not covered under this repair campaign? (As of this post my unit does not have a status)

Last edited:

KC0KBC

Premium Subscriber
If it has the RTC battery problem or the dimming display problem it should be taken care of. Don't worry much about any of the statuses that might show on the site; they seem to post meaningless statuses and they don't update them. My 436 has been back for months and has been working perfectly, but I'd bet that if I went to the site it would still say something like "Received."

The repair is good though.

garys

Premium Subscriber
They status does seem to lag a bit behind what is actually happening to the radio. I sent one of my 536s in for repair and it was listed as received on the 19th, but there have been no status changes since.

This is not for the RTC issue, but rather an issue with the large scroll know skipping around and a dim display. It appears that I will be charged, at least for the scroll knob repair. Uniden did in the past repair a USB IC issue at no cost, so I'm not complaining.

Oh, the estimated return dates are very much on the pessimistic side. At least when it comes to the RTC issue. Mine was back about two weeks before the estimated return shipping date.

If it has the RTC battery problem or the dimming display problem it should be taken care of. Don't worry much about any of the statuses that might show on the site; they seem to post meaningless statuses and they don't update them. My 436 has been back for months and has been working perfectly, but I'd bet that if I went to the site it would still say something like "Received."

benburke

Thanks Mike!

w4ebc

My BCD536HP SRO Status

UPS shows Uniden received mine on May 24th but I have received no messages from Uniden about receiving the scanner.

My unit had the clock issue that kept resetting the internal clock so I did an SRO return per the campaign.

Fingers crossed.

K1TSL

Premium Subscriber
I sent my 436 in for the clock reset campaign and an unreadable screen (mega high contrast resulting in an all black screen.)

The unit came back with the clock issue fixed but the screen issue has returned. It flickers between readable and all black before eventually staying all black.

I was billed $89.95 for the repairs. I was assuming I was billed for the high contrast issue rather than the clock reset problem. Am I correct in assuming this or was the clock reset issue not free?

Second, the Repair Request Form from Uniden says the flat rate is $69.95 and $10 for domestic shipping. Anyone know why I was billed $89.95 instead?

Just trying to get my head straight so I know what I am talking about when I contact Uniden for another screen repair.

w4ebc

Done

Recvd status update unit is fixed and shipped. Have UPS # and unit should arrive Monday the 6th.

Thanks Uniden!

The best.
😊

Status
Not open for further replies.