BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

snerd

Listening.....
Premium Subscriber
I just bought my 436 3 weeks ago. You'll be happy to know it has no clock problem, and the backlight is very easy to read. : )

benburke

I just bought my 436 3 weeks ago. You'll be happy to know it has no clock problem, and the backlight is very easy to read. : )

While it's possible the new ones will not have the problem (depending upon the manufacture date), mine did not start having the problem until several months after I purchased it (after I upgraded the firmware to version 1.10.02 - Date: 01/26/2016). When the issue first started I thought it was related to the firmware update; it wasn't, as I have now upgraded my repaired unit back to 1.10.02. Repaired units are returned with 1.09.02.

tpredmore

I've had my 436 for about 2.5 years with no clock issues noticed. Over the past two weeks, every time I turn on the unit, it says that the clock setting have been lost, so I enter the current date/time and all is well, until I turn the unit off then on again... unit is back to saying the clock setting have been lost. I assume this is the characteristics of the real time clock repair campaign issue?

benburke

I've had my 436 for about 2.5 years with no clock issues noticed. Over the past two weeks, every time I turn on the unit, it says that the clock setting have been lost, so I enter the current date/time and all is well, until I turn the unit off then on again... unit is back to saying the clock setting have been lost. I assume this is the characteristics of the real time clock repair campaign issue?
YES! The repair campaign link is on page 1 of this post.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
To test my 436 for the RTC issue,a nd not just because it wasn't plugged in for 50 hours to recharge the RTC button batt, I left it plugged in USB and receiving volume OFF for 48 hours, then unplugged it, took out one of the AA's, and let it sit for like 24 hours, then turned it back on. After double rebooting it because it always locks on the welcome screen, it asked me for the time again.

It';s going back for RTC recall now.

Paul

gstrugs

Feed Provider
Repair Campaign

Sent in my 436HP under the campaign ref# 6707.
Received and email from Uniden Service Inc. with SRO# 1997881 and they listed the wrong return address. Should be 7515 instead of 7518.

Paul, can you help me out?

kevintau

Premium Subscriber
Sent my 436hp under the campaign ref #6695. Received an email from Uniden Service Inc with SRO # 1997886 and they have listed the wrong zip code. It should be 55031.

Paul could you please help me. Thank you.

goggy47

Premium Subscriber
On 15 June 2016, I received a email from Uniden, with a link, indicating that my BCD436HP had been received into the repair program. When I select the link, I am taken to a site that tells me that my unit is in the system. My 436 has been in the "received" status for more than a week yet I have not received a SRO# nor update. Can Paul or someone please advise.

benburke

On 15 June 2016, I received a email from Uniden, with a link, indicating that my BCD436HP had been received into the repair program. When I select the link, I am taken to a site that tells me that my unit is in the system. My 436 has been in the "received" status for more than a week yet I have not received a SRO# nor update. Can Paul or someone please advise.
That's normal. It happened to me. And it's happened to all of us. Turn around time is about 3 to 4 weeks. No worry. They work harder with repairing units than they do with notifications.

caldwest

Thank You Uniden

Thank you Uniden for the repair program and quick turnaround. I sent a 536 to you on 1 June for the clock repair and received it back this evening (23 June). The backlight was also repaired.

Below is a picture of the repaired 536 that was purchased on 3 May 2014. It is the top scanner. The bottom 536 was purchased on 16 December 2015.

The picture quality is such that it does not give enough credit to the bright display of the repaired scanner. Both scanners are on the highest settings. Prior to having the top scanner repaired, it was very difficult to read the display.

Attachments

• 062316 (2).jpg
    062316 (2).jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 594

w4jde

I just got my 536 back today. It had the clock defect. The statement said the clock, speaker jack and diodes were repaired. Quick turn around. The down side is the case has a dent in it and there are scratches on the side of the case that were not there went the unit was sent in. I would venture a guess this occurred when the case was removed for the repair work.

rcool101

Feed Provider
I just got my 536 back today. It had the clock defect. The statement said the clock, speaker jack and diodes were repaired. Quick turn around. The down side is the case has a dent in it and there are scratches on the side of the case that were not there went the unit was sent in. I would venture a guess this occurred when the case was removed for the repair work.
I doubt it....They removed a lot of cases...I bet they're good at it by now...:) .... Probably shipping damage

wm8s

Premium Subscriber
I returned my 436 and 536 a while ago. They both shipped today [presumably back to me], both listing the RTC problem on the detailed status page. The real problem with the 536 was that the backlight was unreadably dim. Should I expect that to have been fixed notwithstanding that there is no comment or discussion about it on the detailed status screen, or will it have to go back again?

w4jde

Whatever. It was packed in bubble wrap inside a cardboard box. The dent in the corner was possibly due to shipping but not the scratches on the side. I will just eat it as there is no way I can prove that the damage was not present when Uniden received it as I did not take any pictures etc. As of now the scanner works fine. If I decide to move it in the future someone will get a nice discount.

WQPW689

Premium Subscriber
I returned my 436 and 536 a while ago. They both shipped today [presumably back to me], both listing the RTC problem on the detailed status page. The real problem with the 536 was that the backlight was unreadably dim. Should I expect that to have been fixed notwithstanding that there is no comment or discussion about it on the detailed status screen, or will it have to go back again?

They changed my 536 LEDs even though my old blue shaded ones looked fine. The paperwork just said "board modification". By this time I think they check all three, RTC, LED and speakerjack just to save time and aggro.

You should be OK.

TomTN

I would also like to thank Uniden for taking care of the repairs to my 536 recently. They did a great job and made an excellent scanner even better. Uniden has really stood behind their products.

marksmith

Uniden made my 536 usable again. It had gotten so dim you could hardly see it. Now it is nice and bright, I can read without problems, and it's not even on brightest setting.

I had stowed it away into non use prior to the repair campaign, and having it back now for a few months, it's like getting a new radio and enjoying it all over again.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

greggk

I Sent my 436 in about 7 days ago, but have heard nothing from Uniden, not even an email saying they received it.

I did everything they asked except remove the SD Card. It looked like I had to flip up or otherwise move the holder it was in, and that's something I have no confidence in. I read the horror SD card stories; hope I come thru OK.

My question is that I've read some people say their unit came back asking to either set the time or wait 5 seconds. Recently I updated my 436 firmware, and I get the same display. Is this what Uniden is doing for repair? Do repaired radios ask to set the clock or wait 5 seconds, or is the issue just gone?

Also, did anyone have or do you have an issue where when the flashing LED is working, the screen itself flashes from light to dark, light to dark, etc. I left a note in the box for the Uniden Techs about this. I would be happy to get a brighter screen back.

Any thoughts always appreciated. Thanks. Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.