BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Well, my 436 and 536 just left on vacation to Uniden via UPS. My TRX-1 arrives Wed, so hopefully the pair will be back soon so i can do a proper "brought up to correct functionality" test of Whistler vs Uniden for my purposes. Really hoping this RTC vacation repairs the hang on boot screen issue as well......

Paul

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
My reference number was printed near the barcode on the UPS label........4 digit number I believe.

Paul

greggk

Just a thought. Do you have a backup drive with the email on it? Otherwise if you cannot find it I would contact Uniden. They should be able to look it up.

JBrownCS

UPS shows that my 536 was received on Monday but the status page still shows "Status: Email Link Sent". Is this normal? Or has my unit fallen between the cracks?

Citywide74

Premium Subscriber
Upman, I am getting ready to send my 436 in for the RTC. I also need my charging port repaired. What do I need to do to get that taken care of? Also, I own 2 536's. One has the RTC and sometimes locks up when I power the unit. When I send that in will that issue be fixed as well? The other does not have the RTC however does have a dim display. Can I send that in as well. or do I need to wait for if and when the RTC happens?

Last edited:

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Upman, I am getting ready to send my 436 in for the RTC. I also need my charging port repaired. What do I need to do to get that taken care of? Also, I own 2 536's. One has the RTC and sometimes locks up when I power the unit. When I send that in will that issue be fixed as well? The other does not have the RTC however does have a dim display. Can I send that in as well. or do I need to wait for if and when the RTC happens?

Send it in under the repair program, but include a note regarding the other issues. Since the entire logic board is replaced, I believe that they would be taken care of by default (but I'm not a repair tech, so best to put the note in to be safe).

If there is something that they have to do beyond what they would normally do for the RTC/Display repair, it would be subject to the flat-rate repair charge.

poppafred

Got the email with the link for the label last Tuesday. Had the 536 boxed up and at the Post Office before Noon. Tracking number said they received it Thursday. Got the notice it had been added to repair list Monday. Got notification of shipment Tuesday and it arrived this afternoon!

I could not be happier!

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
How low does the serial number have to be the ones that may need fixed? I had mine when everyone else was starting to experience problems, and as of yet I haven't , should I be worried about it happening and how long does the repair campaign go for in case the problem creeps up later?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

sflmonitor

196 ÆS Ø
Premium Subscriber
I'm sure this has probably been answered before but I searched and could not find it. I own several Uniden scanners including the 436hp. Mine was one of the units that needed the clock issue repaired. I sent it in and got it fixed a few months ago. Now I am thinking about purchasing a second 436hp, probably from Scanner Master. So the question is if anyone who has recently purchased a 436 from them had to send it in or do they now come with the clock issued fixed?

an39511

I tried searching this thread to see if the dim display is covered under the repair campaign but it seems the search on "dim display" is too simple and yields a bazillion results.

I now have to use a flashlight to see the display panel and its getting to be a real pain. Is this repair covered?

greggk

I tried searching this thread to see if the dim display is covered under the repair campaign but it seems the search on "dim display" is too simple and yields a bazillion results.

I now have to use a flashlight to see the display panel and its getting to be a real pain. Is this repair covered?

I had the clock issue and my screen would flicker every time the LED was flashing. I sent a note with it and all was fixed.

bigbud42010

I wouldn't buy from scanner master they are overpriced!
I bought mine from Ham radio outlet and it shipped from Virginia I've had it for 6 months and no issues and it is a newer model 376Zxxxx5590

Status
Not open for further replies.