BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
When it went back, they replaced the scroll knob and another mechanical part. I didn't try cleaning the switch, so I don't know if that would have fixed it. All electronics are subject to some wear and I don't expect Uniden to fix them for free forever. OTOH, my other 536HP had a failure of the USB port. It was an IC and Uniden fixed that under warranty AND replaced the display at the same time even though I didn't mention it.

I know others might disagree, but I think that they have done a good job supporting the x36HP radios.

That's VERY interesting. This never happened before I sent mine in for the LED repair early this month, and now it is VERY common. It sometimes beeps but does not move the selection, and sometimes it skips, as you note.

Is there a simple cleaning (eg, vacuum cleaner or a contact spray) that one can use to fix the problem? I'm not fond of sending it in again.

Julian1

536-HP VFO Knob Problem

I am about to send my 536 to Uniden for repair.

The VFO knob has been a problem on my scanner for a long time. It hasn't been used enough to need cleaning.

The VFO on my 996 is over five years old and I'm yet to have an issue.

Based on other posts...it seems the VFO knob on the 536 are defective.

SemperFi1811

436 clock repair time travel

Greetings all.. Just thought i would share this present real time waiting for my repaired 436. Purchased scanner on 12/2015. Clock problem presented it self in early Jan. this year. Jan 17 signed up with Uniden for repair service,, and received my repair instructions and mailed to repair center in TX. Jan 27 received email confirming scanner was now at the repair center and was given a reference number. Ten days travel from MI. to Texas/not bad I guess........No new updates at this time......Just hope after repairs are made the return trip is not by pony-express......I really, really do miss my 436......Giddy-up..... :)

Last edited:

Nasby

Greetings all.. Just thought i would share this present real time waiting for my repaired 436. Purchased scanner on 12/2016. Clock problem presented it self in early Jan. this year. Jan 17 signed up with Uniden for repair service,, and received my repair instructions and mailed to repair center in TX. Jan 27 received email confirming scanner was now at the repair center and was given a reference number. Ten days travel from MI. to Texas/not bad I guess........No new updates at this time......Just hope after repairs are made the return trip is not by pony-express......I really, really do miss my 436......Giddy-up..... :)

I know its tough to wait. But I sent mine in a few months ago for the same thing and the total time away was only about three weeks and Uniden kept me in the loop with emails.

I think you will be really happy when you get it back and the clock issues are gone.

kinerity

How often is the repair campaign website updated? According to UPS, Uniden got my unit Tuesday and the status site still says "Status: Email Link Sent".

lacadien72

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I live in Canada. I received my scanner back. In the instruction it says "Uniden will reimburse you the shipping cost you incurred after rework is completed.". I'm just wondering how and when should I expect a reimbursement?

benburke

I bought my 436 two years ago and it was repaired last year. I was very impressed with Uniden's commitment to both its products and its customers. If I purchased another 436 today, is it necessary for it to repaired?

bee

Sent my HP 2 for repair 1-13-17.(no sound). Uniden shipped it back 2-2-17. Speaker was replaced.

I received it 2-8-17. Shipped by FedEx smartpost.

JamesO

Sent my HP 2 for repair 1-13-17.(no sound). Uniden shipped it back 2-2-17. Speaker was replaced.

I received it 2-8-17. Shipped by FedEx smartpost.

Funny how speakers can still be a problem, about 15 years ago, I bought a new 785D, it arrived and I was very unhappy with the audio quality. Using an external speaker, determined that the speaker was defective, very raspy. Rather than send the unit in for repair, I to the radio apart and did the research and purchased a high quality replacement speaker of the same size, dropped in and and I listening to the radio as I type this!!

Speakers are a very small percentage for problems, but they do show up from time to time as you and I think a few others have discovered.

bee

I also have the HP 1, I purchased about 4 years ago, and the "sound" has just stopped working on it!!

I will also sent in in for repair, although I don't use it very often.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
here is my 436 serial (listed in the scanner under settings) SN 376260680018XX (i put the X's in to disguise two digits, everyone seem to do this). is this one of the newer models? talk about confusing. lol, HELP

mickh

OK. Got the email telling me shipped. I go to the info page
NO INFO on page. So, is it shipped or what? The work order
is blank? Not sure what that means. So UPMan- my info is
REF#- 7686 / SRO 2001046. If this has been shipped, I will
need a tracking number; I need to have someone here so the
package won't be stolen. Take no chances here. Thanks.

Drifter...

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
The digits after the z or 2 are the manufacturing date, last digit of year and the month, 2016 june.

/Ubbe
thanks. that means mine is relatively new, June 2016. has the 'issues' fixed then. good. love the 436. i like the bluer screen better though. but fixed is better than pretty.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
OK. Got the email telling me shipped. I go to the info page
NO INFO on page. So, is it shipped or what? The work order
is blank? Not sure what that means. So UPMan- my info is
REF#- 7686 / SRO 2001046. If this has been shipped, I will
need a tracking number; I need to have someone here so the
package won't be stolen. Take no chances here. Thanks.

Drifter...

https://repair.uniden.com/srodata.cfm?sronumber=2001046&srozipcode=xxxxx

Replace the x's in the above with your actual zip code. Tracking # is there.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The digits after the z or 2 are the manufacturing date, last digit of year and the month, 2016 june.

/Ubbe

Not the month. Just the year ("6"). The 8 means something else unrelated to date or sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.