BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

benburke

they should have sent a ticket telling what they did. was it BLUE before and grey now, if so, i bet they did. i was so happy when i received mine and it was the silver/grey. what did u have fixed when you sent it?
When I first purchased it, I had not issues at all. And then after I upgraded the firmware from version 1.08.06 to 1.10.02 in January of 2016, I started having the clock reset issue. I sent it to them in May and got it back in June. I also noticed that when I got it back, the firmware was 1.09.02. I upgraded it again back to 1.10.02, hoping I wouldn't have trouble again. Thankfully, I did not. Two weeks ago I upgraded to 1.11.20. But regardless, repaired or replaced, it works fine now. No more clock resetting.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
When I first purchased it, I had not issues at all. And then after I upgraded the firmware from version 1.08.06 to 1.10.02 in January of 2016, I started having the clock reset issue. I sent it to them in May and got it back in June. I also noticed that when I got it back, the firmware was 1.09.02. I upgraded it again back to 1.10.02, hoping I wouldn't have trouble again. Thankfully, I did not. Two weeks ago I upgraded to 1.11.20. But regardless, repaired or replaced, it works fine now. No more clock resetting.

if the screen was blue and not blue now, they fixed it. so, you are good now with both problems. sad uniden cant be more specific as to which models are fixed and which are not. they want their dealers to sell the old broke ones also. people who dont know get what they get. i check serial #s. they had two of these at a store in ohio this summer and the guy let me check them, both were old versions so i did nto buy one. glad i waited. pain to send it in.

benburke

I took a photo of the back of my unit before I shipped it to them for repair. The sticker on the back is the same, however, the electronic serial number stored in the unit now has a "2" instead of a "Z." Before repair the serial number was 376Z48008***. Internally, the serial number is 37626048008***.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I took a photo of the back of my unit before I shipped it to them for repair. The sticker on the back is the same, however, the electronic serial number stored in the unit now has a "2" instead of a "Z." Before repair the serial number was 376Z48008***. Internally, the serial number is 37626048008***.
that tells u something, 4 was 2014 and 6 is 2016 now. not sure why some have Z and some have 2. mine had 2. maybe UPman will tell us this.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber

ESN and SN above are original. SN will be 376Zxx####
ESN is 376260xx#### (xx and #### match in both).

benburke

ESN and SN above are original. SN will be 376Zxx####
ESN is 376260xx#### (xx and #### match in both).
Thank you, UPMan! All I know is I'm grateful for Uniden's commitment to their customers and their products. And I believe that you're a big part of their success.

tinman981

Premium Subscriber
Sent my BCD536 in for batter and LCD Display about 2 weeks ago . I just received an email stating that it was shipped out it also gave an invoice for parts used, can someone tell me what parts D415,D416,D417 and D418 fixed ?

thanks

tinman981

Premium Subscriber
Thank You Sir !!!! Maybe they fixed the Headphone jack on their own .. I forgot to include it on my note for repair !!! Lol

AC0RV

Feed Provider
question

When I sent the scanner into repair. I forgot to write SRO Returns on the outside of the box. My reference # is 7741.

What should I do and what is the current status ?

Thanks.

freqhopping

16 days from sending it off to getting it back for mine. Figured they might even clean the dust out of the display while they were in there. Nope

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I submitted mine for repair...For the clock issue and the LCD backlight issue.

ve2fet

from Canada

Same procedure from Canada? Display to dimmed, no audio jack fox done and clock is dead too...
from the website, my reference number is 7791
How does it work from Canada?
Thanks
We actually want to get as many submissions in as early as possible. We expect at the beginning to have a line set up specifically for this campaign, which will be much more efficient for us than doing onsey-twosey's. That said, we will only send out UPS shipping emails for the number of units we feel we can do without taking more than the promised 3 weeks (which is actually much longer than we expect it to actually take to repair and return). We'll likely send out UPS labels once a week starting either Friday or Monday. So, we'll manage this on our end so that we are not overwhelmed with returned units. Since the scanners are usable (albeit annoyingly so), we think people would really prefer to keep the scanner in service until we send a label rather than us getting a pile of scanners that might take a year to fix (exaggeration) and having to wait for it to come back.

Again, though, as noted on the web page, we only have parts in right now for the BCD536HP, so won't be sending any labels out to BCD436HP customers until some time in November.

To reply to the earlier open questions:

This program is only for bad clock batteries. If your scanner does not have the battery issue, please do not send it in under this program. That said, if a scanner is received with the battery issue and it also has the backlight and/or headphone issue, we will, of course, repair the other issues at the same time. Note, however, that units that require more than just the battery replacement will take a bit longer to return to you.

We are basically setting up a dedicated line just for the battery issue. Any scanner with another issue will go over to the normal repair queue. While we will be doing visual checks, please include a note that clearly indicates that you believe that your scanner has one of the other issues, as well, so that we can expedite handling for everyone.

omrail

Same procedure from Canada? Display to dimmed, no audio jack fox done and clock is dead too...
from the website, my reference number is 7791
How does it work from Canada?
Thanks

After you receive the ok to ship you will have to ship it to Texas at your cost and Uniden will reimburse you your shipping cost. When done it will be shipped back to you (Canadian shipments are sent on Mondays from Uniden). It first goes to a logistics partner in Brampton Ontario first then ship from them to you

That is the way it work for me any way.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
To Upman

Paul,

I know you are Extremely Busy man.

Just tried enter the SRO # 2001253 (that the repair center sent me), the phone # and model #, or the zip code and serial # sent and I can not get the page to work for me. It returns with the original page blank in respect to where to place the numbers.

Please help. BIG THANKS.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Code:
https://repair.uniden.com/srodata.cfm?sronumber=2001253&srozipcode=

Finish the above link by entering your zip code at the end of it.

aubertine

Premium Subscriber
Dimmed display only

My understanding is, this repair campaign is for the clock issue but if the unit has dimmed LED's they will be fixed along with the clock issue repair. I only have the display with dimmed LED's. My unit is out of the 1 year warranty. Will the repairs be covered by Uniden?

Disclaimer: This is a 62 page thread and I have not read every page.

Status
Not open for further replies.