BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks to UPMan. You are the best.
Got all the info I needed. Thanks again.

Drifter

yes indeed, very nice of UPman to provide that much needed information relating to the serial number. much appreciated. without him, where would we be with this company?

i am glad i waited to get this scanner. i did not want to purchase one and have to send it to be fixed. so, I had to play roulette with the sellers and their serial numbers. uniden could do better in terms of this, much better. mark scanners that are upgraded and fixed and let customer know they are not purchasing a $400+ defective unit that need be sent away for repair. sad that there remain units sold that will require servicing. look at what MICKH is going through. poor guy! ((

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I bought my 436 two years ago and it was repaired last year. I was very impressed with Uniden's commitment to both its products and its customers. If I purchased another 436 today, is it necessary for it to repaired?

depends on whether you receive new or old stock. therein lies the rub!

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, N5! I think I'll wait a year. Maybe by then, the old stock will be depleted.
that is what i did. grew tired of waiting. find a place that will open the box and read you the serial # or maybe buy a used one that you know is right. great scanner. no regrets.

benburke

that is what i did. grew tired of waiting. find a place that will open the box and read you the serial # or maybe buy a used one that you know is right. great scanner. no regrets.

Yes! Love the 436! Sitting here with earbuds listening to it while my wife is watching TV.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Paul,

After I entered the scanner. I checked it with the reference # of 7741. There were two enteries of with the serial #s. I want to submit only one scanner.

Thanks.

mickh

Update,

Thanks to UPMan. You are the best.
Got all the info I needed. Thanks again.

Drifter

OK. Got the 536 back this morning. First off- works great.
Clock keeps time- will run her for a few days to charge it up.
Looks good too. Not a mark on case/ screws look like they
were never touched. BTW, ear-jack replaced. Thanks for that.

UPMan, you guys are the best down there. Thanks for the
repair, the upgrade,and getting my baby back safety...

mickh...

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
How do you tell if your BCD436HP is a newer model without the issues?

see if your screen is more blueish or silverish (greyish). if it is the blue one, my understanding is that is the older unfixed screen. somewhere there is a forum here where a guy posted side by side pics of each screen. the other way is the serial #. what is your serial #? X out the last 3 digits as i dont think they matter so much.

mrwhitee

My serial is 376z58002***

When I turned it on the other day I had to reset the clock but today it was ok when I turned it on.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
My serial is 376z58002***

When I turned it on the other day I had to reset the clock but today it was ok when I turned it on.

the 5 after the Z means it was made in 2015. it would be the unfixed model. mine is 2016 and is a fixed one. no clock issue and screen color is the more silver type, not the blue. i read somewhere keeping the scanner plugged in for over 3 days as you let it run charges the internal clock battery and fixes that issue, that is just what i read. not sure.

benburke

the 5 after the Z means it was made in 2015. it would be the unfixed model. mine is 2016 and is a fixed one. no clock issue and screen color is the more silver type, not the blue. i read somewhere keeping the scanner plugged in for over 3 days as you let it run charges the internal clock battery and fixes that issue, that is just what i read. not sure.

My serial number is SN37626048008***. There is no "Z" so how can I determine the year it was made?

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
My serial number is SN37626048008***. There is no "Z" so how can I determine the year it was made?

then it is the 6 after the 2 and thus made 2016. this is according to UPman. see below, he noted this in this forum. my serial is 37626068001*** so we are very close. do you have the more silver/light grey screen OR the blueish one?

i think somewhere before UPman said the # after the 6 on ours is the factory where made, if i remember right.

benburke

then it is the 6 after the 2 and thus made 2016. this is according to UPman. see below, he noted this in this forum. my serial is 37626068001*** so we are very close. do you have the more silver/light grey screen OR the blueish one?

i think somewhere before UPman said the # after the 6 on ours is the factory where made, if i remember right.

It's grey now. I wonder if they swapped the unit when I shipped it for repair? I purchased it February 2015 and shipped it to Uniden for repair May 2016.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
It's grey now. I wonder if they swapped the unit when I shipped it for repair? I purchased it February 2015 and shipped it to Uniden for repair May 2016.
they should have sent a ticket telling what they did. was it BLUE before and grey now, if so, i bet they did. i was so happy when i received mine and it was the silver/grey. what did u have fixed when you sent it?

Status
Not open for further replies.