BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Got my 436hp back from repair today and I also have the adjust error.

Same here. While looking for any settings that might fix it, I noticed that the firmware on the unit returned from Uniden was 1.09 and the ProVoice and DMR upgrade menu was not there. I KNOW it was up-to-date when I sent it in. I updated it to 1.11.31 and I had to put both keys in to unlock ProVoice and DMR features that were enabled before I sent it in. I thought the "adjust error" may be related to older firmware, but nope. I still receive the error.

I've noticed that the 3 of us reporting it, it look slike it's a recent issue starting at the end of Sept 2017 through the start of Oct 2017.

Ohh, I also noticed about 1/2 of the case screws were not tight and the case was coming apart. THANKS UNIDEN!! GREAT WORK!! Looks like you all are going down hill fast!

Last edited:

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have not yet had a chance to call in to Uniden to find out what this error is about. I hope to get time one day this week after work.

AtlasFBG2

I received a email back from Uniden today about the adjust error.

They want the scanner returned to their repair shop.

Great it took them 4 weeks to fix the clock issue now it will probably be another 4 weeks to fix their screw up with the adjust error.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

Great it took them 4 weeks to fix the clock issue now it will probably be another 4 weeks to fix their screw up with the adjust error.
Great. Really freaking nice. Like I said before, they are going down hill fast. I don't have any plans to buy anything Uniden ever again. You'd think they would have checked it before shipping it back to us.

I have other scanners I can use but someone that only has one, this would really suck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sibbley

Premium Subscriber

If you could sir, PM me the email address you used to contact Uniden. I guess there goes another 4 weeks.

Thanks,

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I just received this email from Uniden:

Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

We are emailing you today to check the status of your repair to make sure everything is working as it should. Do you see "Adjust Error" show up when you power the unit on? If so, please let me know for further assistance.

Thank you for Contacting Uniden!
Caleb
Uniden Tech Supervisor

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I just received this email from Uniden:

Dear Valued Uniden Customer,

We are emailing you today to check the status of your repair to make sure everything is working as it should. Do you see "Adjust Error" show up when you power the unit on? If so, please let me know for further assistance.

Thank you for Contacting Uniden!
Caleb
Uniden Tech Supervisor
This is my reply:

Yes, I am getting that msg when I turn the unit on. It's kind annoying that it does this right out of the box from you all. Also, it's annoying that I had to update the firmware and redo the keys for ProVoice and DMR. You all made a mistake with the time/clock issue and I appreciate repairing it but I don't think I should have to update it (AGAIN) and put in the keys for ProVoice and DMR (AGAIN) after I get it back. You all should have done those things.

So do I need to send it back to you all again to have another mistake fixed?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
This is my reply:

Yes, I am getting that msg when I turn the unit on. It's kind annoying that it does this right out of the box from you all. Also, it's annoying that I had to update the firmware and redo the keys for ProVoice and DMR. You all made a mistake with the time/clock issue and I appreciate repairing it but I don't think I should have to update it (AGAIN) and put in the keys for ProVoice and DMR (AGAIN) after I get it back. You all should have done those things.

So do I need to send it back to you all again to have another mistake fixed?

They emailed me a return label today. This is beyond frustrating. Way to go Uniden!!! And of course UPMan is silent.

These are my replies:

This is a bunch of BS. Are you aware you are going to lose a customer? I'm sending it back but I'm not filling out the repair form because it is not a "repair" really but fixing of a screw up.

When I receive it again, will I need to update it and put the DMR and ProVoice keys back on it?? You all really should take care of that. And what am I getting out of this other than frustration?

As I'm getting older I've realized I'm getting calmer and letting more stuff just go that would have pissed me off before but this is really pissing me off! I pay $400+ for the scanner, $50 for the ProVoice and $50 for the DMR upgrades and they treat me this way? In front me I have a 996T, 996XT, 396T, 396XT, another 436HP with DMR and ProVoice and a 780XLT (And 2 PSR-800/Whistler 1080s). I think I've been a pretty good Uniden customer over the years. What about people that only have one scanner and they need to send it back AGAIN?

Last edited:

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
When I send the unit back UNIDEN has quote be no charge ... is that corrrect ? And what do I send back just the radio with SD card Inside ? How long it take to get email for prepaid label to send to them ?

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
When I send the unit back UNIDEN has quote be no charge ... is that corrrect ? And what do I send back just the radio with SD card Inside ? How long it take to get email for prepaid label to send to them ?

There is no charge. It's their screwup.

Do not send it back with the SD card or anything else with it. I stripped mine down to everything that I could take off of it...Back cover, SMA to BNC adapter, belt clip attachment.

I got an email the next day for the mailing label.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
There is no charge. It's their screwup.

Do not send it back with the SD card or anything else with it. I stripped mine down to everything that I could take off of it...Back cover, SMA to BNC adapter, belt clip attachment.

I got an email the next day for the mailing label.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So just send my radio with no batteries or belt clip or Sd card

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
How long it take to her label so can send radio to them I have my old label from December last year waiting for update label
Did you mean how long did it take to get a label?
I got mine within 24 hours.

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
Thank you to all for reply . Can’t wait to send this 436 since the display has gotten very worst . Where can’t see the backlight when on.

Status
Not open for further replies.