BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Refund of UPS shipping charges for Canadian customers

Good question. I left the box open until I gave it to UPS. Had them make a photocopy of the shipping charges and put it inside the box then sealed it

Actually didn't use a box but used UPS shipping bag..

Harry...

how did they reimburse you for your shipping costs? mine came back today but nothing in the box except for the 436HP..no cheque and not even a repair paper.

worse thing I will need to send it back to them..i am getting that "ADJUST ERROR" on startup plus the antenna locknut wasn't even screwed all they way down

hopefully UPMAN sees this and can offer some advice

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You don't need to read all 1400+ posts. The last page or two would have been sufficient. And what I wrote accurately describes what you did.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Yep dim and clock problem fixed , previous light was a bluish tint, now a yellowish tint and much brighter

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

AtlasFBG2

Got my 436hp back today from the 2nd repair. Invoice just said adjustments.

They expedited the return shipping 2nd day.

Took 29 days for the clock repair and 10 days for their screw up with the adjust error.

Everything works fine now.

CPerk

Premium Subscriber
436 HP

Got my 436 back from repair . Sent it off on oct 16th and got it back today the 30th. Display works lot better now and question is how do I install my DMR firmware back on ? They left me with the 1.09 and I want to install my firmware for DMR again. And lastly didn’t have a thing for them to fix the dim display .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Got my 436 back from repair . Sent it off on oct 16th and got it back today the 30th. Display works lot better now and question is how do I install my DMR firmware back on ? They left me with the 1.09 and I want to install my firmware for DMR again. And lastly didn’t have a thing for them to fix the dim display .

Same way you put it on there the first time you upgraded, except you have already purchased the key.

Upgrade the firmware through Sentinel then enter your key in the scanner menu.

kirk23

Pierrefonds (West Island Montreal) Qc Canada
Harry...

how did they reimburse you for your shipping costs? mine came back today but nothing in the box except for the 436HP..no cheque and not even a repair paper.

worse thing I will need to send it back to them..i am getting that "ADJUST ERROR" on startup plus the antenna locknut wasn't even screwed all they way down

hopefully UPMAN sees this and can offer some advice

finally got the shipping refund cheque back from Uniden last week for the 436hp clock recall program..
but it took 2-1/2 months from when Uniden received my unit

Soundman

I need help I have a bcd536hp with the serial number is 375Z680026xx is that on the recall list .
Thanks for the help

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I need help I have a bcd536hp with the serial number is 375Z680026xx is that on the recall list .
Thanks for the help
There is not a specified "recall list" of serial numbers.
Is the dimming or do you have to set the date and clock every time you turn the scanner on?
If both answers are no you do not need to send the scanner in for repair.
As Budd notes, if you do not have the dimming of the display, and do not have to be resetting the time/date frequently, then your scanner does not have the issues that prompted the repair campaign.

Your serial # indicates that your scanner was manufactured in 2016. During 2016, Uniden identified what components were causing these issues, and started the repair program. They also switched units being manufactured to the updated components, and those scanners should not develop the same issues.

rcool101

Feed Provider
enosjones;Yep dim and clock problem fixed said:
Don't recall seeing any reports of newer 436's....I have one now....waited long enough..serial #Z7800xxxx....2017 model build I assume....back light is a bluish tint...not yellowish like older repaired models....plenty bright..clock works fine

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
Yep dim and clock problem fixed , previous light was a bluish tint, now a yellowish tint and much brighter

Uggh....yellow? I've like blue displays since the days of the RS PRO-2006, yellow...hmm.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Uggh....yellow? I've like blue displays since the days of the RS PRO-2006, yellow...hmm.

Kind of a white yellow, not the orange yellow on other models, but putting it against a scanner that has a blue light it looks yellowish white

Status
Not open for further replies.