BCD436HP / BCD536HP Repair Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
You and me both waiting on the SDS to be shipped back. They received mine on the 12th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LDesi90

Ok newbie question here.
I just purchased a BCD436HP & it hasn't even arrived yet. Is this issue fixed in the new scanners? Does this issue affect all of the scanners? What exactly can I expect?
Thanks for any info

LDesi90

Ok thank you!
I have no idea if it's old stock (I wonder if a serial number might help). I purchased it from Amazon just yesterday after my area went P25 Phase 2 & my HomePatrol 1 wouldn't work with their new system. Hoping for the best

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you bought it off Amazon, the odds are pretty slim that the unit has been sitting on the shelf for more than 2 years.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Ok thank you!
I have no idea if it's old stock (I wonder if a serial number might help). I purchased it from Amazon just yesterday after my area went P25 Phase 2 & my HomePatrol 1 wouldn't work with their new system. Hoping for the best

Look at the digit after the Z in the serial number. If it is 5 or smaller, it would be considered old stock most likely needing to be sent in for the repair campaign.... but that would be a pretty old unit.

Markinsac

Have you received your 436 back yet? Mine was sent in two weeks ago, and still nothing new on the Status Page..

Yes, mine came back last week. Took about a week to get there due to the 4th of July holiday - shipped on June 29th, received on July 6th, got back to me on July 27th.

Regarding the missing address line in my original post - I got an email from them, and replied back with the address. Not sure how I missed it.

LDesi90

Look at the digit after the Z in the serial number. If it is 5 or smaller, it would be considered old stock most likely needing to be sent in for the repair campaign.... but that would be a pretty old unit.

Thank you that helps!

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
Wonderful service from Uniden. From the time I made my initial request until the repaired unit was received back was less than 3 weeks. And that includes 10 days shipping (5 days each way) from CA to TX and back.

Once received all I had to do was update the firmware and reapply my DMR and NXDN upgrades all of which was known up front and only took minutes to complete.

WoodburyMan

Wonderful service from Uniden. From the time I made my initial request until the repaired unit was received back was less than 3 weeks. And that includes 10 days shipping (5 days each way) from CA to TX and back.

Once received all I had to do was update the firmware and reapply my DMR and NXDN upgrades all of which was known up front and only took minutes to complete.

About how long did it take for it to go from "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" to arriving at your day? Did you get a tracking number when it shipped? My SDS100 and HPII were both marked "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" on Aug 2nd. Anxiously awaiting their arrival.

randybcd396t

Premium Subscriber
About how long did it take for it to go from "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" to arriving at your day? Did you get a tracking number when it shipped? My SDS100 and HPII were both marked "IN LINE TO BE SHIPPED" on Aug 2nd. Anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Here is my experience.

BCD436HP RTC Repair
July 17 - Request repair
July 18 - Receive shipping label & shipped unit to Uniden (From CA to TX)
July 23 - Repair shipment received by Uniden
July 25 - Status change - received and placed into the repair center
August 1 - Status change - shipped (From TX to CA)
August 6 - Received repaired scanner

Communications were excellent. They sent an email with links to get the order status when I got the shipping label. They sent an email with tracking number when shipped back but I could also check it using the status link.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I have a very dim display and horrible VHF and UHF reception on my 436HP but I have owned it for a little over a year I just really never have the time to send it off. I would like to send it in this week for repair. I was just wondering if I am still eligible under the repair campaign or if I will have to pay for the for the repairs.
Thanks,
Bob

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks I appreciate the response. I know it's a old issue but I wasn't sure if this was a ongoing campaign or if it had a expiration date.

Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

hixter

I shipped my 536 on August 29th and it's on the truck to be delivered to me today, September 7th. I'm in San Antonio, so the trip to and from Denton only took one day each way.

fire701

Feed Provider
Set clock everytime powered on BCD536HP

I have had my BCD536HP for a few years and now the electrical went out the other day and now every time we power it on we have to set the clock, set the times zone, set the date, set the time. I could understand this needed to do one time after it has lost power but ,we still have it plugged into power. Any Suggestions for a fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.