BCD996XT Schematic/Pinout Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scooper_B

Online and CD manual information sorely lacking. Need data on BCD996XT hardware. Prefer schematic or direction where to find information on rear DB9 pinout, 3-pin power, etc. Thanks in advance.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Finding a schematic will be very difficult (if you can find one at all). Uniden would be very unlikely to send you one. Most manufacturers nowadays refuse to give out schematics and/or service manuals to consumers (many of them wont even give/sell them to service repair companies either). There are a few companies/sites that may sell you a copy of the schematic if they have it available.

As for the connector pinouts; the 3-pin power connector is pretty self explanitory (just match the pins up to the 3-wire power harness. RED = ~12vdc/13.8vdc, ORANGE = dimmer/illumination, BLACK = ground). As far as I know the serial connector uses the same pinout as a computer DB9 serial connector (they do this to allow direct connection of a serial GPS without the need for an adapter), although there may be a few unused pins.

What are you trying to do that requires a schematic?

Scooper_B

Cool -
Two things - I want to plug a GPS in and have 5VDC available at pin 4 of the DB9 connector. It appears there is 5VDC based circuit board markings near the DB9 connecotr but not when measured with a DVM. I am also considering mounting a GPS receiver inside unit with external antenna. Need same info for DB9 connector or schematic to determine where to get 5VDC to power the GPS.

Scooper_B

Used to wuz U kood git a schematic from most manufacturers if it wasn't already included with the electronic device. If not there was alwez Sams . . . . . but nowadaze everyone is so sekretive......................

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
That is exactly what I do with my two scanners. However, I'm not sure exactly which pin I ran the power out on.

davidmc36

Premium Subscriber
Cool -
Two things - I want to plug a GPS in and have 5VDC available at pin 4 of the DB9 connector. It appears there is 5VDC based circuit board markings near the DB9 connecotr but not when measured with a DVM. I am also considering mounting a GPS receiver inside unit with external antenna. Need same info for DB9 connector or schematic to determine where to get 5VDC to power the GPS.
This may give you some ideas:

http://forums.radioreference.com/pi...934-new-install-bc-t15-bcd996t-built-gps.html

I went with adding the 5V power converter

Status
Not open for further replies.