Bell County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ensnared

Dumb & Dumber

Well, I give up. I have tried all morning to connect my PSR 500 to Pro96.com. I could not obtain decoding. Then, I downloaded Unitrunker and found out, I am rather dense when it comes to analyzing these systems.

At present, I am not hearing any traffic on the new system. Earlier, one of the officers indicated that their portable was unreadable. That was it. Now, they are talking on the EDACS PV/analog.

I am also hearing what sounds like a CC on 859.4625; however, it should be noted that my BNC module has gone south, once again. Yes, I let my friend borrow it and he propped up the radio using the antenna. Now, it is loosened.

I did; however, find one of the control channels, but I will only make note since these tend to change during installations.

Does anyone within this thread own a Whistler model so that the CC and AC can be identified using "analyze?"

What other radios are working to figure this out. I have two 436HP units and one PSR 500.

Ensnared

New TGs

Yesterday, I heard Temple PD transmitting on their PV dispatch.

I also heard the following on the new system:

S&W to EMS on TG 50625;
Radio Test on TG 50743;
Use of Term "Bravo 1" on TG 50343 (unknown agency)
Heard TG 65139 being EMS-1 (unknown agency)

Tomorrow, I am going to see if using my Tram mobile monitor antenna will result in receiving a better signal for decoding on my trusty PSR 500.

I am also going to check with the person who used to work on the Bell LE center on loop 121 to see whether it is wise to submit a FOIA request to Bell County or just figure it out. Hopefully, no "DE" will be employed. But, I expect some will be forthcoming.

Onward Through The Fog

Last edited:

nd5y

You guys might be lucky in figuring out talkgroups.

Take the first one Ensared posted for example.
S&W to EMS on TG 50625

Now look at the EDACS system.
625 04-141 A EMS ScotWhit Scott & White EMS ER Hospital

It looks like the same decimal ID (625) with 50 added to the beginning (50625). On 4 digit IDs they probably add a 5 instead of 50.
This is similar to what was done on some of the other EDACS to P25 switchovers.

Last edited:

Ensnared

Analyze Mode

I gave up on Unitrunker and Pro96. So, I activated analyze on my 436HP and found:

SYSTEM ID: 000Ah-010
Site ID: 0010
WACN: 92405h
NAC: 14h

Cumulative TG List:

TG 50497: LE (said Bell County). This sounds like Bell County Dispatch, can't be sure yet.
TG 50289: LE (area Stan Schlueter & 190, also heard Catalina)
TG 50508: LE (unknown agency)
TG 50502: LE (Identified as Killeen)
TG 65186: (?}
TG50289: LE (talking about Rancier)
TG 50625: S&W to EMS
TG 50743: Radio checking
TG 50343: Use of Term "Bravo 1" on (unknown agency)
TG 65139: EMS-1 (unknown agency)
TG 50415: ?
TG: 50291: ?

In this situation, I constructed a P25 800 system Favorite in Sentinel and shot it back into the radio. Then, the talk groups started popping up like "Whack A Mole." Adding these talk groups to my Memo function of my Android is getting a bit tedious and difficult to do given that I am going over 75 MPH on IH35 some of the time. Now, I am going to construct another Favorite list of those identified to see I can discern what agency is transmitting, without ID search.

I don't understand the differences between how Whistler/GRE and Uniden handle AC and CC. Therefore, I suggest that those who own Whistler/GRE radios to load all of the previously identified frequencies into the radio and see if the talk groups start popping up.

Last edited:

ce2576

Would be nice if a few things can be clarified:
1) Is this system Phase 1 or Phase 2
2) Exactly which frequencies. Just the ones Mcore 25
listed or those plus the ones Embalmer listed.

I am completely confused with all the talking in
tongues and riddles. For everyone to be able to help
provide info for this system, it would be nice to clean up this thread and say precisely WHICH frequencies and precisely WHICH P25 mode.

What's also confusing is the frequencies MCore25
listed are the same as those being used on the EDACS system..

Last edited:

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber

provide info for this system, it would be nice to clean up this thread and say precisely WHICH frequencies and precisely WHICH P25 mode.

Ensnared will be the one to provide that answer more than likely although there may be others in the area. I have been away from the area doing what my username says. This all popped up suddenly and have not had an opportunity to play with it yet. I just noticed the extra frequencies and decided to throw those out for all to see.

Ensnared

Partience

When Waco migrated from TxWarn P25 to their existing radio system, they used the same exact frequencies.

Regarding questions:

Question 1); This is my first rodeo using a Uniden 436HP in system analysis; however, the one I usually use to analyze systems, is not decoding properly, I have to determine if Pro96Com can analyze Phase II. I also have to establish why it is not decoding with a very strong CC signal on 857.2375, which is the existing CC during this installation, & it is likely to change during the installation process; 2) the indicators for Phase I or II are not obvious on my screen because, like I said, I am unfamiliar with the 436HP analyze function and have been taking many of these talk groups from the record mode.

Based on my experience with emerging P25 radio systems, it would be premature to submit information to RR DB relative to: a) existing radio parameters since they are constantly in change, they are making adjustments now; b) the identified talk groups need to be verified by either 1) direct observation of a unit in the presence of a monitored talk group; 2) FOAI submission, which has not been initiated yet, (I am preparing for bladder surgery to remove cancer on Monday); 3) LE telling you which frequencies are being used, a highly unlikely scenario; 4) hearing a radio stating which talk group they are using like EMS-1."

Question 2): Since I've already obtained talk groups using my methodology, I strongly suggest loading the listed frequencies listed by MCore since they are producing results.

If anyone needs help programming what I have already established, I would be more than happy to help out. Please, check out this link to see how diligent I am regarding getting things right: https://forums.radioreference.com/texas-radio-discussion-forum/225917-woodway-texas-trunking.html

For example, the Woodway analysis was very difficult since the CC and AC kept changing during the initial installation process and subsequent change using marine bands, months later. They went to Galveston to obtain paired marine band frequencies. They are still using some marine band frequencies in the Bearcom-installed system.

Please, be patient since this can be a tedious process coupled with hours/days/months of observation. I take my RR submissions very seriously and don't want to submit inaccurate information.

I am still analyzing the various PV groups listed for Temple PD PV. When surveillance details are in operation, they sometimes shy away from announcing their whereabouts since doing such could "burn their location."

I have listed these within my thread. Those with programming knowledge can easily program these into their radio with ID search/Wildcard to determine new talk groups. With the PV Temple analysis, I had to lock out many talk groups in order to ascertain the various UC channels I am hearing, daily.

I am sorry I cannot provide concise radio parameters and that confusion has been experienced.

Again, depending on your radio, it would be helpful to load the aforementioned frequencies using either Wildcard or ID search. Or, make a permanent load using the talk groups I've already identified, but have not refined regarding agency, service type, etc.

Also, as they say in Skywarn, "If it don't spin, don't call it in."

Again, I look at this process as a team effort. Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Cumulative TG List:

TG 50497: LE (said Bell County). This sounds like Bell County Dispatch, can't be sure yet.
TG 50289: LE (area Stan Schlueter & 190, also heard Catalina)
TG 50508: LE (unknown agency)
TG 50502: LE (Identified as Killeen)
TG 65186: (?}
TG50289: LE (talking about Rancier)
TG 50625: S&W to EMS
TG 50743: Radio checking
TG 50343: Use of Term "Bravo 1" on (unknown agency)
TG 65139: EMS-1 (unknown agency)
TG 50415: ?
TG: 50291: ?
As was previously suggested I would strongly recommend comparing the last 3 of these talkgroup IDs to the decimal IDs on the EDACS system. I think that will answer a lot of your questions. :)

FYI: talkgroups in the 65xxx range are dynamic patch IDs and should be disregarded.

Ensnared

Roger

As was previously suggested I would strongly recommend comparing the last 3 of these talkgroup IDs to the decimal IDs on the EDACS system. I think that will answer a lot of your questions. :)

FYI: talkgroups in the 65xxx range are dynamic patch IDs and should be disregarded.

Thank you for the information.

You know, this new task might be the best thing that could have happened to me this weekend. This will help keep my mind focused on something very important, keeping our ability to listen to talk groups open with LE and 1st responders. I hope that the powers that be will follow the philosophy of the Waco PD PIO who once indicated to me on their FB page, that they wanted the public to hear the scary, funny, exciting and dangerous things that happen to the LE on a daily basis. I hope that most will be in the clear. When the Twin Peaks went down, I was able to record nearly 5 hours of audio (have these in three You Tube parts). I never once heard them saying, "go to the back channel" or anything like that.

I am very sorry that not everyone has shared in the pleasure of listening to this fantastic-sounding radio system. Now, there is a remote chance, that I might be able to monitor Bell County from Waco. I have heard PV talk groups lying in bed in bed with my trusty 436HP (using RS 800 mhz rubber antenna) on occasion. I have monitored Copperas Cove PV, loud and clear, from Hamilton County.

To me, there is no bigger "rush" than watching talk groups roll out of Pro96.com. I am going to give Unitrunker and Pro96.com another go now that I've received some help from a good friend of mine. There is one thing I am sure about. That is one strong CC I'm hearing from my position, near Morgan's Point.

Bell County is way overdue for a proper P25 system, IMHO. Someone is doing a great job with this system installation. I am highly impressed.

Last edited:

n5ou

Bell P25

Thanks to all the work every one is doing to figure this out! I have confirmed the bridge and that EDACS96 and P25 are same system bridged together. I have also confirmed (FOR LE) that if you simply ad a 50 in front of existing TGID's that is correct. For instance KPD dispatch is 289 on EDACS96 and is 50289 on P25. Sitting right next to two officers monitoring KPD dispatch, one on a P7300 setup for P25, the other on a 7100 on EDACS. Same call from KPD Dispatch comes in to EDACS first, then a full one second later into p25. (Bridged effect).
I am using several SDR-RTL along with Unitrunker, DSD+ as well as a 436HP that I upgraded to DMR and Provoice. I also have a Unication G4 which does NOT do PHASE II yet. So as I sit here listening to KPD, Bell County SO on the G4; it is definately Phase1.
It might go Phase II tomorrow and make a liar out of me, but as of now it is phase 1.
I also believe it is way to early to update the Database as this system has already failed in place at least 3 times, literraly causing dispatch to switch to mbt and phones.
Keep watching and listening....

N5OU

nd5y

I gave up on Unitrunker and Pro96. So, I activated analyze on my 436HP and found:

SYSTEM ID: 000Ah-010
Site ID: 0010
WACN: 92405h
NAC: 14h

This makes me think it's another Harris system.
Everything but the WACN is the same as the Wichita Falls and San Angelo systems that Dailey-Wells installed in the past year or so.

Ensnared

Spot-On

This makes me think it's another Harris system.
Everything but the WACN is the same as the Wichita Falls and San Angelo systems that Dailey-Wells installed in the past year or so.

Yes, sir, in this fog of confusion I am in right now, I recall that this is a Harris system. Truthfully, I don't know why Killeen and Bell County would need multiple system frequency sites like TxWarn P25. But, I will say this. Those Harris systems are solid.

I have been following the TxWarn system since it was called Starcom or something like that, from a friend living in Pasadena, a heavy hitter in the scanner world. He used to give me pages of data from his large list of information concerning frequencies. I would diligently load them into my Regency 1500/MX 7000 and go. God, I miss that MX 7000.

Thank you so much for your information because it is very valued by this listener. You have solid advice that I greatly appreciate since I feel like a buffoon at times, attempting to analyze something I know very little about, the parameters of a radios system.

Yesterday, I put the radio in recording mode and listened to a talk group I have finally narrowed down as a narcotic surveillance unit on one of the PV talk groups, but this is countywide. Did you know that this suspected Bell Countywide narcotic unit uses mounted cameras to follow suspect vehicles? I heard and recorded this. Per MO, they tend to follow people to determine the presence or absence of PC. I will give them this credit, they play by the rules regarding such. They won't pull anyone over that is not making traffic violations. There seems to be a roaming surveillance team in Bell County. This weekend, I will attempt to categorize these recordings.

I am saying this to present the question, "why should I submit these talk groups to RR if they are migrating to another system?" If I do submit and it is posted, will they throw "DE in the new system, or has that been pre-determined?" I am being extra careful. As indicated, I have been making detailed notes on these PV talk groups and what I'm hearing while monitoring the new system that is emerging. From what I've gathered, Temple likes the anonymity. They have the upper hand in east Temple where the crime runs amok.

So, I am keeping my fingers crossed on the absence of "DE" in the new system. They need the community based on the crime history in Killeen, Texas.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Onward Through The Fog.

Last edited:

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
In the area monitoring the system and can definitely report that 51185 is Temple PD dispatch and it matches 1185 analog on the EDACS system. Addresses dispatched are Temple based and are identifying as Temple on the radio.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
In the area monitoring the system and can definitely report that 51185 is Temple PD dispatch and it matches 1185 analog on the EDACS system. Addresses dispatched are Temple based and are identifying as Temple on the radio.

A correction to my post. 1185 is a provoice talkgroup, not analog. Also, phase1 and 2 are being used.

Embalmer-Mortician

Premium Subscriber
50508 is Belton PD. 200 series units working a car vs deer accident at the 289 mm on I35 southbound. Dispatch id's as Belton.

Status
Not open for further replies.