Best audio bluetooth speaker/mic for streaming audio from phone for zello/scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I really hope this is in the right area - please feel free to relocate the post if I put it in the wrong spot.

I stream audio from my phone a lot - mostly scanner feeds either via Zello or via Scanner Radio Pro.

I'd like to use a bluetooth speaker/mic for this purpose so I don't have to have a wire running to the phone , plus have the option to use the PTT for Zello transmissions.

Can anyone suggest one that has the best audio? I don't like a tinny sound, I like a bassy/beefy tone that sounds like a real 2-way radio.

Thanks in advance !

w2xq

Mentor
You probably will get a number of suggestions. A few years ago I bought a SONY SRS-XB30 that serves me well. Plenty of audio that does not distort at higher volume levels. You might check on its replacement.

I recorded an audio clip for the phone, took the phone with me to Best Buy and played it through a number of speakers on display. I bought the SONY.

HTH.

Osprey1163

Premium Subscriber
I really hope this is in the right area - please feel free to relocate the post if I put it in the wrong spot.

I stream audio from my phone a lot - mostly scanner feeds either via Zello or via Scanner Radio Pro.

I'd like to use a bluetooth speaker/mic for this purpose so I don't have to have a wire running to the phone , plus have the option to use the PTT for Zello transmissions.

Can anyone suggest one that has the best audio? I don't like a tinny sound, I like a bassy/beefy tone that sounds like a real 2-way radio.

Thanks in advance !

One word of caution when you look for a bluetooth speaker for an online scanner: some speakers meant for listening to music seem to have a default and go into "standby" if they don't hear anything for a couple minutes. I bought a Dossbox bluetooth speaker for listening to Broadcastify scanners and I'd have to turn it off and re-pair it with the computer every time there was a lull in radio traffic.

It sounds great with Sirius though!!

Chris

KI4LIV

Premium Subscriber
I should have mentioned - I want a clip-on lapel-style speaker... One that was designed for Zello-type PTT use, but the PTT function is a far second for me to a clear audio output.

Status
Not open for further replies.