SDS100/SDS200: "Breaking" the Scan feature after Database Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.

da-Peter

It's hard to explain why it would affect just Sentinel but maybe try in depth malware and anti-virus scans on the computers that break Sentinel? If you really are desperate, maybe completely wipe and reformat one of the problem computers, do a fresh install of the OS and any machine specific drivers, install just Sentinel and try it to see if it works.
Yeah i don't know either. I already removed antivirus, firewall,... To see if it makes a difference. Both bad computers have even different software for that. Even make, model is different. Different processor and chip set generations as well. The only common nominator is 64bit OS but i doubt that this is the issue? I tried compatibility mode for all kind of OS as well as running as admin and always the same. Wiping is no option in the moment as both are heavily in use for work. I have to see if i have a Windows VM available. I can wipe that one easily. This would be an alternative on my computer just a very storage hungry one 😅. I have to see what i can do, as i am running out on hard drive space as well. It's time for a new computer but this is still months away unfortunately.

DudleyG

Premium Subscriber
One shot in the dark to look at.... Sentinel is very dependent on which version of Windows .NET Framework that you have on your computer. I think it uses a very old version 2.xx which is no longer available but has been somehow merged into or supported in Version 3.5.

The latest update version of Windows .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for X64 (KB5003537) was released this week and was installed on my computer that I run Sentinel on and it works fine as did previous versions for the last year or so.

You might check the .NET Framework versions on what you call "GOOD" laptops and see what version versus the version on what you call "BAD" laptops to see if they are the same.

I think @ProScan is a person who has a lot of knowledge on how .NET Framework affects Sentinel. I don't have much knowledge that would help.

Again, just a shot in the dark.

da-Peter

One shot in the dark to look at.... Sentinel is very dependent on which version of Windows .NET Framework that you have on your computer. I think it uses a very old version 2.xx which is no longer available but has been somehow merged into or supported in Version 3.5.

The latest update version of Windows .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for X64 (KB5003537) was released this week and was installed on my computer that I run Sentinel on and it works fine as did previous versions for the last year or so.

You might check the .NET Framework versions on what you call "GOOD" laptops and see what version versus the version on what you call "BAD" laptops to see if they are the same.

I think @ProScan is a person who has a lot of knowledge on how .NET Framework affects Sentinel. I don't have much knowledge that would help.

Again, just a shot in the dark.
Actually you might be onto something. On the good laptop when i tried to install sentinel, i couldn't at first because i needed the net framework.

On the two other PCs it just installed without issue due to net framework. I know i have a bunch of different versions installed. Thanks to Microsoft making it such a nightmare regarding compatibility. I will see what versions are installed. I will try to install the same version i had to install to get it to work on one laptop. Let's see if windows will allow me to install it on my other laptops. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.