Calvert County Public Services TRS

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Seems to be a lot of traffic on the new Calvert system. TGs 1001, 1002, 1005, all ENC so likely the Sheriff Department. I'm too far away to receive voice traffic on the old system, so cannot tell if the new system is mirroring TGs from the old system. Someone down that way needs to step up, lol! Doesn't appear to be hosting FD traffic yet. Few RIDs, looks like consoles and other tgs as sources.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Just prior to 4pm, the traffic on the tgs dropped off, lol. Must be testing.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know approximately when Calvert will have new system completed or know where I can find up to date information on system? I'd settle for any info I can get..... Can't find it online for the life of me...

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know approximately when Calvert will have new system completed or know where I can find up to date information on system? I'd settle for any info I can get..... Can't find it online for the life of me...
In June, the county approved the installation of a BDA at Cove Point, which was part of the original contract specification with Motorola.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Additionally, the system is now in the second phase of radio test, with drive testing underway. This phase should be complete by early September. The county plans to cut over to the new system in the October - November timeframe.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
Additionally, the system is now in the second phase of radio test, with drive testing underway. This phase should be complete by early September. The county plans to cut over to the new system in the October - November timeframe.

Do you happen to know (or know where I can find) the talkgroup id's for the new system? I've tried asking Calvert's public safety director but never got a response past "We will get them to you in the next couple of days." Last time I heard from her was about a month ago.. Part of my job is programming scanners and I'd like to be ahead of the game a little bit.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
Do you happen to know (or know where I can find) the talkgroup id's for the new system? I've tried asking Calvert's public safety director but never got a response past "We will get them to you in the next couple of days." Last time I heard from her was about a month ago.. Part of my job is programming scanners and I'd like to be ahead of the game a little bit.
Generally, people who monitor the system discover the tg assignments, then post their findings to the RRDB. If you work in an official capacity, I don't know why they haven't supplied you with the assignments: they have been determined. Usually someone (like a volunteer FF) on the fire side posts up tg assignments for the fire department. If I lived down that way, I would program the control channels for the new system , and set the system to ID Search which would play any talkgroup not specifically locked out. Over time, one could figure out the assignments. The CCSO is allegedly going to be totally encrypted.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
Any update on the switch over ? Also is anyone else hearing something else on the new VHF frequency (154.3925) they tend to use for dispatch ? It seems it’s another agency/county.

scottymcneill8657

Premium Subscriber
It was rumored to be done by the end of October but that has changed. My boss emailed Calvert's emergency communication director and the response we got back was it would not be completed till after the first of the new year (2021). Calvert appears to have a patch of some kind with Saint Mary's- I keep hearing address in that area (I listen to a scanner all day at work.)

maus92

Premium Subscriber
154.3925 is in Termination Pending status with the FCC, as well as multiple TRS licenses. Somebody is dropping the ball.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
It was rumored to be done by the end of October but that has changed. My boss emailed Calvert's emergency communication director and the response we got back was it would not be completed till after the first of the new year (2021). Calvert appears to have a patch of some kind with Saint Mary's- I keep hearing address in that area (I listen to a scanner all day at work.)

there’s no patch with St. Marys on that frequency I know that for a fact, it seems it’s patched with a system from out of the state of Maryland.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
I guess that extension they filed for only went so far .....
The construction update reminder letter was sent by the FCC in late March, which no one responded to. An auto-termination letter was sent in early August, which the county's Director of Public Safety did reply to a few days later - funny how "termination" gets one's attention, lol.

Last edited:

maus92

Premium Subscriber
The VHF frequency (154.3925) is online and working, it seems to be patched in with the low band frequency (33.8200)
I was in the county on Monday, and it was not up at that time. I'll see if I can receive it up here in Annapolis.

Chris52

Premium Subscriber
I’ve spread the word, and it seems it has a strong signal into lower St. Marys and into Charles from what I’ve been told so far.

Side note - it’s nice to be able to scan all three counties in ONE radio now 😁