Chattanooga Regional P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
CC's for Turney is posted, as of last info I got, no site ID info was broadcasting... Though the submitter may not have realized that he was seeing the birth of a TVRS site not just an upgrade to the TNDOC system... :) If not for Thunderbolt clueing me in on the sysid.. lol I would have missed it big time too.

ButchGone

New group on TVRS

Been seeing 12507 pop up lately and heard brief conversation about copying each other. Anybody have any ideas? This was on the Chattanooga simulcast cell.
BG..

jimg

Premium Subscriber
CC's for Turney is posted, as of last info I got, no site ID info was broadcasting... Though the submitter may not have realized that he was seeing the birth of a TVRS site not just an upgrade to the TNDOC system... :) If not for Thunderbolt clueing me in on the sysid.. lol I would have missed it big time too.

A newspaper reporter I know heard a couple of months ago that a new tower was going to be erected on Keith Springs mountain, which is in Franklin County, TN. and that it would be used by THP and "a couple of others". Any way of confirming if this is associated with the TVRS?

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Have any Blount County agencies began migration to the new system?

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
New site on the air in the nashville area

new site of this TRS is now on the air

853.7375 CC

2a5 r001 s027

its coming in like gang busters

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know when Londan, McMinn, Blount, Anderson and Knox counties will begain going to this TRS?

also any more East TN counties going to this TRS?

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
For those in East TN monitoring various systems with PRO-106 how are you scanning the system? Do you have one large TSYS with all the known CC's and TG's or do you break it up by regions?

We now have Nashville and Murfreesboro live on the system for state ops and was preparing to reconfigure my scanner lists and thought I would reach out to see what has worked best for those who have dealt with this for a while.
Thanks
Doc

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
I was told a few months back by a THP Trooper that the eastern part of TN will be on the new system in the near future. He works out of the Fall Branch office so maybe it may reach this way soon.

click23

Premium Subscriber
I heard something that I thought was interesting last night. The Erlanger ER TG popped up on the Windrock tower. It has to be close to 90 miles from Chattanooga to Windrock, not sure why a radio with the Erlanger ER TG programmed in would associate with the Windrock tower.

click23

Premium Subscriber
I believe it was an Hamilton County EMS ambulance, I then also heard Lifeforce operations inform Erlanger that they were about to launch a helicopter.

codeplug

Disabled Veteran, US Army, RIP #Hobo Shoestring#
Frequency: Question.
769.18125 c 1 (1) 022 (16) Murfreesboro / Rutherford County
Does anyone have any more updates for Murfreesboro Sys. ID on the TVRTS on 700 MHz.
I can not find any FCC license info on that frequency.
The only frequency I could find on 700 MHz.was on 769.00625/799.00625 SG - Conventional Public Safety 700 MHz.
Call sign: WQNY389 - Tennessee Dept. of Corrections.
I did not find any other 700 freq.’s near Murfreesboro or any between there and Chattanooga other than the Tenn. State freq.’s
Are their any 700/800 TRS towers on Monteagle, that would be a great place to have one.
Monteagle is 32 miles from Chattanooga & 83 miles SE of Nashville.
I would assume that if Nashville is now on the 2A5 system there should be some 700/800 towers or at least some microwave
towers somewhere between Chattanooga and Nashville to beem the signal back to Chattanooga,because of the distance.
The last time I was on I-24 west of Chattanooga the TRS freq.’s and control channels were very weak on 800 MHz. close to
South Pittsburg & Jasper.
I did not monitor 700 MHz. at the time to check the signal.
The Nashville, Davidson County TRS ID for 2A5 is licensed to the state of Tennessee in Nashville not the city.
Tenn. state TRS Use: To coordinate state agencies activities for both administrative and emergency personnel
The freq.’s listed are re-banded freq.’s down from 867/868 MHz.
Output emission designator is 8K70D1W - P25 Linear Simulcast Modulation ASTRO (9.6 kbps in 12.5 kHz channel space)
Input emission designator is 8K10F1D - P25 Phase I C4FM data / 8K10F1E - P25 Phase I C4FM voice (P25 mode in RRDB)
The system ID for Nashville city TRS that is listed on RR is different than the one on the TVRTS.
I assume those are 2 different TRS systems, I wonder if the are going to merge those 2 systems together in the future.

Last edited:

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
TG 16050 was active today on the Chattanooga simulcast cell. Units calling "central" running tag #'s. any ideas who this is?
BG..

that is MTSU PD out of Rutherford county a unit must have been down that way today bro, roaming at its finest

Last edited:

slatescan

Premium Subscriber
well lessen learned huh? you might want to put in the MTSU and TSU dispatch TGs in your scanner. i have all the east TN and south GA tgs but no roaming from those TGs yet./

davewhall29

Premium Subscriber
does anyone know when Londan, McMinn, Blount, Anderson and Knox counties will begain going to this TRS?

also any more East TN counties going to this TRS?

I have been hearing Loudon County TGID 7502, 7504, 7541 using the TVRTS in the past few days. They're coming across the Madisonville location frequencies. Some appear to be encrypted and they are in the testing phase of the system.

Last edited:

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Walker/Dade TAC

At one point there was a listing on the TVRTS page of what other agencies use the TAC channels. For example, I think I remember WCSO-TAC 3 is also Rossville GA PD. Could someone provide a list, update the page, or post to the wiki?

brettbaker741

Rhea County

Is someone gong to do a live feed for Rhea county? If I had the money for a digital scanner, I would do a live feed. I live on Evensville Mtn. Rd. and there are all kinds of towers up on the mtn.

wxwarn285

Help programming TVRCS in Pro-97

I have never programmed a muti-system in my pro-97 before, I just want to listen to the Rutherford and Davidson County sites. This is how I have it programmed:

System: P25 MANUAL
All of those 2 sites frequencies
Muti-Site check all CC

I'm currently in Franklin, TN and don't show any system bars, but I operate with emergency
services in Rutherford County alot.

Please point me to the rite direction, if that configuration is not right. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.