Chicago Fire Dept. 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
That makes sense as I didn't want to change the ones currently assigned for other purposes. Ultimately I see the Fire and EMS being together in a single section once the T-band system is in place but I'm open to suggestions.

If any of the old Chicago Fire freqs need to be updated in the database (aren't used anymore or description is inaccurate), let me know or submit an update.

Maybe just put it in it's own "Digital/Analog Future " Section as I posted it? I know many are already programming these in, and since we can text tag, I don't see it being a problem. As an example, in my scanners I have EMS Command (462.975..CTCSS 156.7) in one System, and in my "new" system, I have it tagged as Admin. The "soon to be extinct" frequencies, will be in the apparatus until FS&R is switched over, and they have portables. Then they'll start bringing in the fire apparatus to switch out their radios. Anyway you want to add it in is fine...

***One more notation you may want to make...ALL Chief Officers will have the capabilities of using Encryption on any Channel****

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Just a quick update...all ambulances have been re-issued the "assigned, re-programmed" portable radios as of yesterday. Yes...it's the "canary-yellow" radios.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
At least you can find them in the dark. Is that all just EMS or will supression have the Yellow too once they switch?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Nice work on the updated Database!!! If I have any changes to submit (i'll be checking my re-programmed radio when I get back to work), then i'll submit the changes in that section. I think keeping it consolidated makes it easier to follow..

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Changes Submitted...again..

We received our regular assigned portable and had a chance to confirm what I submitted. We were all issued "temporary spare" portables and they have not been updated, so that's was my original submission.. Also received a handout with all the new Zones and channels in each Zone. I was able to confirm and delete some entries, so as soon as Cubn get's a chance, i'm sure he'll update.

U-CALL channels have been removed and replaced with U-TAC Channels 40-43, as well as U-TAC Channels 40D-43D. I expected the "D" channels to be digital, but much to suprise confirmed them as analog.

Another deletion/addition was the Utility channel. It's now set up as the Media channel on the radios as well as the handout. The Utility channel is deleted from my submission.

This morning I went through every channel and every zone on the radio to confirm what I now have. I don't see alot of these channels to be used on a daily basis, but they may be good to keep in their own system for future use. A majority of these appear to be analog/ simplex. Also should make note, that in certain zones, both encryption and non-encryption channels are available. I'd suspect the chief officers may be told to use these zones in the event they need to transmit "sensitive" communications (ex: DOA in fire, injured firefighter/paramedic).

I also didn't submit the CPD/CTA police channels as we have them already. Also found today was CTA E-2 and confirmed it as Rail Control Supervisor channel (470.9875..CTCSS 127.3). It appears I have them all confirmed now. Just so everyone understands the set up is alot of these channels are in duplicate Zones on the radio. An example I use is the Inter-Op Zone (Zone INTEROP). Channel 1 is Fireground, whereas in the Narrowband Fire Zone (Zone NFD), Channel 4 is Fireground. Looks like we're almost ready to go on CFD.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
I looked up in my NIFOG aka National Interoperability Field Operations Guide. UTAC40D-43D are set up as D is for direct according to this also UCall is channel 40 so it may be the same as Ucall just with a different name.

The Media freq is that for the Media affiars officers? Or is it that the media has some way to be contacted by the OEMC?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I looked up in my NIFOG aka National Interoperability Field Operations Guide. UTAC40D-43D are set up as D is for direct according to this also UCall is channel 40 so it may be the same as Ucall just with a different name.

The Media freq is that for the Media affiars officers? Or is it that the media has some way to be contacted by the OEMC?

Good research and you are correct about U-CALL/Channel 40. Their has been no Opertions Memos or Directives on upcoming channel usage yet. Nothing either on the EMS Digital conversion. I'll update when I have the information.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
U-tac

I see at the top of the Database for the CFD Future Digital/Analog, their is a link to the U-TAC Database. Just another suggestion, when I used the close call feature, the non "D-channels (Direct)" they all had a 458Mhz. input. Maybe add those as a paired frequency or add it to the CFD Future database in it's entirety so users don't have to link to it?

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Digital Testing Now

Motorola technicians conducting field evaluations now. ...testing on EMS North-Digital from I 55 & 1st Ave. Heading to city limits to test range.

cubn

Database Admin
UTacs

I made a note they have the UTac channels in simplex and repeater modes. Frequencies should only be entered in the database once, at the highest level they are used at: National, Statewide, County or City.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I made a note they have the UTac channels in simplex and repeater modes. Frequencies should only be entered in the database once, at the highest level they are used at: National, Statewide, County or City.

I understand how you did it and saw the link. I just figured adding all the channels as I submitted them, would make it easier to find instead of linking around.

oemctx4

I'll be awaiting Radio Zone modifications with all these changes. The larger the District, the likelihood of a single Zone being assigned. I've been told the second radio upgrades will be coming, and with that the "new" CPD Zones (14,15,16) will be added...both narrow and wide band.

Zones 14,15,16 are only possible in narrowband 12.5khz mode only. They frequencies became available after narrowbanding the zones and soon the citywides.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Alot of tech talk today on CPD 800 Trunk system on TG32 about radios, towers, plugging in alot of new equipment, anyone know what zones there working on....did mention cloning together i think Z12 and 13??....

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Alot of tech talk today on CPD 800 Trunk system on TG32 about radios, towers, plugging in alot of new equipment, anyone know what zones there working on....did mention cloning together i think Z12 and 13??....

25th District being eliminated, and the 13th District to become the old 25th District on Zone 12.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Testing Today

CFD digital chnnels being tested today with audio levels being checked from some of the OEMC consoles out to a field unit (RID i3110001). All ambulance mobile radio "home buttons" being progrmmed to reflect our new digital channels (EMS-North or South depending on Ambulance #). Was told the changever is coming "very soon", so that's why the analog chnnels weren't preset on the mobile radios.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
field unit i3110001 look at that id for a minute...

Yep...looking at it. It was the Radio ID that came up on Talkgroup 1. I have so far tagged Radio ID's..i1xxxxxxx as Engine Companies...i2xxxxxxx as Trucks...i4xxxxxxx as Field Chiefs...i5xxxxxxxx as Ambulances...i6xxxxxxx as Exempt Ranks...i7xxxxxxxx as Speciality Units? (Command Vans came up on this). i3110001 was out at different locations. Dropping a hint are you TX-4? Hmmm? I didn't think it was the 3-11 Center..

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
What great work you are doing with all that is going on in Chicago. I payed a quick visit on Thursday and heard techs doing testing on TG 1. Was odd to see that number. But I would like to add a question that dates back. You gave instructions on programming the new digital channels as a trunked system????? maybe not. It allows you to see the id's for each unit. Please correct me if I am wrong. I'm sure I am. When the new channels are activated can I simply add them like a conventional channel? Each freq individually, like I listen now? Seems like everyone is going to learn new ways to monitor the CFD.

Again, great job with the work you are doing above and beyond. Let me know if I am missing something within my post.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.