CHP 700 MHz Extenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
The alternate frequency is actually not for car-to-car. It is another zone in the radio with the same channel setup as primary, but it uses a different VRS frequency. Officers transmit car-to-car or car-to-station by using different NACs on the primary frequency.

As you said, the alternate frequencies are rarely used, so if people are hearing regular traffic on a VRS frequency I think it's safe to assume it's the primary.

The car and station channels are in the same zone from the documents I've seen. Same out NAC, different in NAC

Last edited:

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Received submittal for Southern Division and Db updated accordingly.

officer_415

Database Admin
The car and station channels are in the same zone from the documents I've seen. Same out NAC, different in NAC

Yes, that is what I am saying. The primary zone on the radio has car-to-car using one NAC, and car-to-station using another NAC. Both channels use the primary VRS frequency.

The alternate zone on the radio also has car-to-car using one NAC, and car-to-station using another NAC. The only difference is that both channels use the alternate VRS frequency.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Martin is correct. There's a main VRS channel and a back-up or alternate for communicating/controlling with the VRS.

VRS's operate by channel steering. This means the freq stays the same and the NAC (or PL/DPL in other agency circumstances) controls the operation of the VRS and what's connected to the VRS in the car.

officer_415

Database Admin
Here is what we have so far:

Valley Division

BLK VAL - VRS 07
GLD VAL - VRS 01
GRY VAL - VRS 02
GRN VAL - VRS 03
WHT VAL - VRS 04
BRN VAL - VRS 05

Central Division

SLV CEN -
ORG CEN -
PNK CEN -
BRN CEN -
YEL CEN -
TRQ CEN -

Southern Division

BRN SO - VRS 06
BLK SO -
ORG SO - VRS 09
TAN SO -
PNK SO - VRS 02
GLD SO -
TEA SO -
WHT SO - VRS 05
YEL SO -

Golden Gate Division

TRQ GAT - VRS 08
MRN GAT -
AQA GAT -
VLT GAT - VRS 06
PNK GAT -
AMB GAT -
BRZ GAT -
EMR GAT -
GRP GAT -
RBY GAT -
KHA GAT -

Coastal Division

WHT COA -
BLK COA -
GRN COA -
PUR COA -

Northern Division

RED NOR -
AMB2 NOR -
GRN NOR -
PUR NOR -
WHT NOR -

Inland Division

COP1 INL - VRS 02
TRQ1 INL -
BEI1 INL - VRS 04
WHT INL -
GLD INL -

Border Division

ORG1 BOR - VRS 01
GLD1 BOR -
TAN1 BOR - VRS 02
MRN1 BOR -
GRN1 BOR -
PUR1 BOR -
GRY1 BOR -
RED BOR -

Markb

Premium Subscriber
In the last week I've heard a little bit on VRS1 in Orange County. I believe it's repeating Westminster Gray 1. Also just heard VRS7 active in Corona, presumably repeating Inland Turquoise 1. Will submit to the DB when I know for sure.

aensr

Vrs

Driving around the bay area today I heard the following, I do not know whe CHP channel only the area

580 Oakland VRS=5

680 Concord VRS=9

kma371

QRT
Driving around the bay area today I heard the following, I do not know whe CHP channel only the area

580 Oakland VRS=5

680 Concord VRS=9

Not sure what you mean when you list like that.

Are you saying you were on 580 in Oakland when you heard it, or, the calls where on 580 in Oakland.

aensr

Not sure what you mean when you list like that.

Are you saying you were on 580 in Oakland when you heard it, or, the calls where on 580 in Oakland.

I was driving on 580 in Oakland near HW 13 and heard VRS Ch 5 repeating CHP Traffic
I was driving on 680 in Concord near Willow Pass Rd and heard VRS Ch 9 repeating CHP Traffic

Today I was driving on 580 in Livermore near the Livermore airport and heard VRS Ch 1 repeating CHP Traffic. This would be a Dublioffice, I do not know about the others.

Sorry I don't know the LB channels as I have not lived in this area in a couple of years and do not have any of the chp channels in my scanner. Sorry

Alan

kma371

QRT
I was driving on 580 in Oakland near HW 13 and heard VRS Ch 5 repeating CHP Traffic
I was driving on 680 in Concord near Willow Pass Rd and heard VRS Ch 9 repeating CHP Traffic

Today I was driving on 580 in Livermore near the Livermore airport and heard VRS Ch 1 repeating CHP Traffic. This would be a Dublioffice, I do not know about the others.

Sorry I don't know the LB channels as I have not lived in this area in a couple of years and do not have any of the chp channels in my scanner. Sorry

Alan

No prob. Just wanted to clarify

officer_415

Database Admin

These were most likely BRONZE (Oakland) and MAROON (Contra Costa) respectively. The extenders have a limited range, so you will usually hear traffic for the same geographical area.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
Update on Southern Div

BRN - VRS 06
BLK - VRS 07
ORG - VRS 09
TAN -
PNK - VRS 02
GLD -
TEA - VRS 03
WHT - VRS 05
YEL -

Db updated.

LAflyer

Global DB Admin
OK updated Southern in Db.

BRN - VRS 06
BLK - VRS 07
ORG - VRS 09
TAN - VRS 01
PNK - VRS 02
GLD -
TEA - VRS 03
WHT - VRS 05
YEL -

If anyone is out and about in East LA or Santa Fe Spring, those are the two missing Southern offices.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Northern Red 700 MHz extender

Passing through Weaverville on SR 299 tonight I practically got entangled in a Trinity Co SO/CHP Trinity River (#90) stop of two vehicles fleeing from a just-reported assault call.

Redding dispatch was loud & clear on VRS 03, 769.19375 (didn't have 799.19375 programmed in my scanner, as I truly didn't expect to hear anything on 700 in the wilds of Trinity County).

Just submitted the info to the DB. Not sure why the decades-old 42.44/42.28 pair is listed there as "Red2," but whatever.

PS: In 25 years of traveling across those mountains I've never seen six police cars (4 CHP & 2 TCSO) at one incident, but three of the CHP units happened to be having a powwow at Starbucks a couple hundred yards from the spot TCSO initiated the stop.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.