WS1095: Does not recieve!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone had recieve issues with the 1095 scanners? We have tried many antennas at our shop, all BNC connectors with no adapters. The stock back of set antenna works perfect on the scanner however as soon as we connect any exterior or mobile antennas, nothing works... Anyone?

jim202

Has anyone had recieve issues with the 1095 scanners? We have tried many antennas at our shop, all BNC connectors with no adapters. The stock back of set antenna works perfect on the scanner however as soon as we connect any exterior or mobile antennas, nothing works... Anyone?

I would have to question the coax cable or a bad connection. Time to start trouble shooting the external antenna system. You have either a shorted connector at one end or the other, or an open.

Blackswan73

Obviously, since the stock antenna works, the problem is not with the radio. If you are using the same coax with your different antennas, I would suspect that first. If you used different coax, then I would suspect a de -sensing issue, possibly a nearby tower, or radio station.

Not a coax issue... Tried multiple different new in package antenna setups varying from mag mounts, L brackets, & roof NMOs... Nothing...

Also not a desensing issue... No nearby towers or stations... Our shop is a radio shop for public safety, not your average joe scanner bufff..

LJ

Ed6698

Can you pick up weather? Can you try any other antenna like a RS 800mhz with or without a right angle adapter, beside the the stock one?

Bad BNC connection possibly showing up with maybe more tension from a coax..

Status
Not open for further replies.