eBay coupons vs Uniden

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

Did you not read the thread? Uniden forced the seller (webtron-x) to raise his price. He had no choice. Had you been a bit quicker, you could have scored one before the price went up.

He was selling at the contracted price.
What Uniden "forced" him to do is ILLEGAL
He did NOT offer a discount.

woodpecker

MAP prices are not price fixing. Under Armour, Nike, Apple, etc. all have MAP pricing.

A lot of stores have coupons, sales, etc but have certain brands excluded.

eBay can be held at fault here too. It should allow sellers an option to have certain items/brands excluded from their coupons.

Trust me, it is a battle every day with just about every brand I carry.

I call BS on that!

You were selling at MAP, then the manufacturer (Uniden) FORCED you to put the price to $100 over MAP because the owner of the platform you rely on for business (eBay) gave a site wide coupon worth $100 discount.

Both YOU and UNIDEN have colluded to FIX the price, its bad for consumers and illegal.

Shame on Uniden and Shame on you Webtron-X

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Only Authorized Dealers have access to sell the SDS100. These dealers have agreed to a MAP policy in order to protect the Uniden brand. They are, however, free to sell the scanner at any price they want, but breaking MAP could result in the dealer losing their authorization to sell the product or receive additional inventory. The MAP policy includes, among other stipulations, that the product must be excluded from site-wide discounts if said discounts would result in the product being sold for less than the agreed MAP.

woodpecker

Only Authorized Dealers have access to sell the SDS100. These dealers have agreed to a MAP policy in order to protect the Uniden brand. They are, however, free to sell the scanner at any price they want, but breaking MAP could result in the dealer losing their authorization to sell the product or receive additional inventory. The MAP policy includes, among other stipulations, that the product must be excluded from site-wide discounts if said discounts would result in the product being sold for less than the agreed MAP.

Which is illegal price fixing, whichever way you want to try and spin it Paul.

scosgt

AND, you just lost a ton of customers.
I would have jumped on it for $549, for $649 under these circumstances you can put it where the sun don't shine
And don't forget, if someone uses a credit card that offers cash back, you have to stop that as well because it goes under your fixed price.

So done with this nonsense.

scosgt

More nonsense. Says he will accept a best offer to be able to use the coupon, then denies saying it.

New message from: webtron-x Top Rated Seller(24,338YellowShooting Star)
Yes. Offer should not be there. eBay will not allow it to be removed.

Regards,
Ryan K.
webtron-x.com Customer Support

Your previous message
So what happens if I offer you $649 and you accept? Does ebay still apply the coupon to make it $549?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
More nonsense. Says he will accept a best offer to be able to use the coupon, then denies saying it.

New message from: webtron-x Top Rated Seller(24,338YellowShooting Star)
Yes. Offer should not be there. eBay will not allow it to be removed.

Regards,
Ryan K.

Your previous message
So what happens if I offer you $649 and you accept? Does ebay still apply the coupon to make it $549?

They will but he won't accept MAP offers...

N9JIG

Sheriff
Did I misunderstand something here? eBay puts out a coupon for $100 off and then sellers there have to honor it out of their pocket?

It is like the mall putting out a coupon and making all the stores discount the price whether they want to or not.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Which is illegal price fixing, whichever way you want to try and spin it Paul.

Our legal counsel and the Supreme Court disagree with your legal assessment. The dealer was reminded of the MAP policy and opted to take steps to maintain MAP. He could also have kept the price where it was, taken the product off the site, or lowered the price. We did not force him (and legally cannot force anyone) to change the price. This is not spin. This is both law and common practice (and my final communique on the matter).

BigC801

Did I misunderstand something here? eBay puts out a coupon for $100 off and then sellers there have to honor it out of their pocket?

It is like the mall putting out a coupon and making all the stores discount the price whether they want to or not.

The seller still get the full price paid, ebay eats the coupon discount. like any store

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

To drive traffic, it happens a lot.

I do not know in this case but someone sent me a message saying eBay covers it as it is a Father's Day promo to draw traffic by them and not the sellers. I don't know for sure...but IF that is the case then this seller will make $100 extra (if he sells anymore) due to this.

The Minimum ADVERTISED Price was still $649.99, per the agreement, before he had to increase it.

milcom_chaser

1.Doubt a ton of customers were lost

2. You just contradicted yourself and said you would have jumped on it even though you say it is illegal.

3. Troll away.

He's just hurt. Everyone wants a new toy...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Your dealers words:-

"Uniden is not happy about the coupon and made me raise price to $749.99"

does "made me" not equal FORCE HIM?

I would imagine he interpreted what Uniden told him as "made me".

Like Paul stated, he could have chosen to leave the price as it was, but probably risk being an "authorized dealer".

Wackyracer

Premium Subscriber
On ebay....1% cash back using ebates on top of ebay 2% back in ebay cash.

radio3353

Our legal counsel and the Supreme Court disagree with your legal assessment. The dealer was reminded of the MAP policy and opted to take steps to maintain MAP. He could also have kept the price where it was, taken the product off the site, or lowered the price. We did not force him (and legally cannot force anyone) to change the price. This is not spin. This is both law and common practice (and my final communique on the matter).

Paul, you are forgetting that the legal intellect of posters on this forum trumps that of lawyers and the Supreme Court. :lol::lol::lol:

allend

Premium Subscriber
New message from: webtron-x Top Rated Seller(24,339YellowShooting Star)
Hello,

They are $649.99, but apparently eBay has a 20% ($100 max) coupon right now. Uniden made me raise price so they cannot be sold under $649.99. Buy at $749.99 use coupon code PICKDADSGIFT, and get at $649.99. Thank you.
Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.