Embedding Audio Feeds in Your Own Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryWilly

Is there anyway to have a smaller player? We have the embedded player on a single page right now, but we would like to put it in the sidebar so that as long as a user is on the site, they are always hearing it, but the basic embedded player is waaayyy to wide. Plus we wish it could be also updated to support the new style used on the site with the audio spectrum display.

feedus

Premium Subscriber
I just put mine on my site, great job. The only question I have is Does the alerts come across this player when I send them. If it doesnt I think it would be a good idea for an update.

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
I have a few suggestions, eerrr feedback.

First and foremost, I am elated that the RR staff decided to make this possible! I currently run 5 feeds on RR. I also run a website catered to my community at FLAGscanner.com | Flagstaff area scanner streaming audio, which plays all of my scanner feeds. I would like to give RR as much credit as possible, and use its embed player, but I am unable to use and am instead having to stream my feed to another site (as well as RR) and stream it from them.

The RR code is too big and takes up the entire page.
If you have more than 1 feed it would be VERY sore on the eyes. In my case I would have 5
It seems like only 1 player can be run at a time.

suggestion:

Make the embed much smaller and condensed.
add the archive, report problem, status, and feed details button to the embed code
make it look similar to the web player interface like the attached image

Just my .02, keep up the good work!

Attachments

• mockup.png
    mockup.png
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,691

hoboken411

Great news - I currently have to embed this in an iframe tag not to break the theme of the website.

Do you have an ETA for the updated embed code? or are there alternatives we can use for the time being?

A superb service and community here!

We are working on a 2nd release of the Web player code that includes enhancements and fixes. Stay tuned.

dloseke

Count me in as another that would like to have multiple feeds in one player. I currently am providing two feeds, and would like to embed both into the same player. Looking forward to the new release.

sbfdfire

Is there a media player out there that can have multiple IDs on it, and click on the one you want to here? The rr one seems to only fit one at a time. Can it do multiple feeds?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We have a number of options that we are considering for the next release of the embedded feeds... There are a number of features, requirements and enhancements that we are digesting. Remember, there are now over 2000 of you as feed broadcasters, and many of you are interested in this, so we want to get it right. We also have a lot of other projects on our plate.

Don't worry, we are listening... Watching, and reacting.

There are other considerations that we are addressing including licensing of players etc... This stuff takes time and evaluation on our part to make it work.

Thanks guys!

kpoe_28

We have a number of options that we are considering for the next release of the embedded feeds... There are a number of features, requirements and enhancements that we are digesting. Remember, there are now over 2000 of you as feed broadcasters, and many of you are interested in this, so we want to get it right. We also have a lot of other projects on our plate.

Don't worry, we are listening... Watching, and reacting.

There are other considerations that we are addressing including licensing of players etc... This stuff takes time and evaluation on our part to make it work.

Thanks guys!

Sounds good! Thanks for the quick reply. 73's

Kevin
Happy Scanning

jpoke5

Premium Subscriber
contact admin

wanted to contact the admin but will not allow pm?
wanted to ask about unbranded way to imbed their feeds and what the license cost is?

thanks
Jeff

nate1992

hi i run a website (Asheville Buncombe Alert - Home) its manly a site for the community and its completely free i had my feed embed on it after some people asked about having other citys / countys on the site after looking at how the feeds are set in the code with the id i noticed if you change the feed id to w/e feed you want it will embed it befor i continued and posted the feeds i e-mail the support team to make sure it was okay and never got a reply the feeds are now on there and working fine and it is a nice touch to the site but i do want to make sure this is not against the rules as i can not find any information about it (0FF TOPIC also i advertise RR on the site in a links page and also say thanks on the home page I want to make sure this is also okay)

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Yes it is possible to add other feeds, however, we prefer that you get permission from those feed providers as some providers do not like for their feed being put on someone else site.

Last edited:

nate1992

Thank you glad i am with in the rules =D and yes i will check with the feed providers thank you for your help

nate1992

Another ?

If we can code and would rather make a embed instead of the one that is given would this be allowed?
Note: It still displays the radio reference info and when i was seeing if it was possible i made a prototype and is almost identical to the web audio display or the Java audio display depending on miner changes in the coding.

Status
Not open for further replies.