Fargo PD Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

lurch89

Premium Subscriber
Well, some of us saw this day coming. It finally happened though. Fargo PD channels 1 and 2 are now full-time encrypted. They also have an ARMER patch right now ahead of the planned migration of Cass County (ND) over to ARMER, and that has had encryption turned on at the system level.

I just submitted to the database the change to add the E flag to those 2 channels. Metro or PD3 seems to sometimes be a mix, but I would imagine that will go away.

Moorhead and Clay County are already on ARMER and have encrypted channels, but for now seem to keep their main operations on their main channels which are unencrypted. West Fargo PD and Cass SO are about 50% encrypted right now.

BisManRadio

Well that sucks. When In Fargo I always bring a scanner with. What about their Fire Dept?

This new state system they are talking about needing, which I think they dont but you can be sure it will be fully encrypted.

lurch89

Premium Subscriber
Well that sucks. When In Fargo I always bring a scanner with. What about their Fire Dept?

This new state system they are talking about needing, which I think they dont but you can be sure it will be fully encrypted.

At this point EMS and Fire departments are in the clear, and I assume they will stay that way because of the large amount of interop (FFD, MFD, WFFD, Cass/Clay county departments).

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
That’s too bad, I always recall when I visit Fargo here they would run Encryption on the PD1 channel for alarm calls. I haven’t been up that way since end of November. I doubt that the Fire Departments would encrypt their channels they run that pulse point and Fargo fire sponsored their live broadcast and I believe Moorhead does as well. Clay has their encrypted talkgroup like most Minnesota counties, but seems they use them very little or a here and there basis.

peq387ab

Premium Subscriber
That’s too bad, I always recall when I visit Fargo here they would run Encryption on the PD1 channel for alarm calls. I haven’t been up that way since end of November. I doubt that the Fire Departments would encrypt their channels

lurch89

Premium Subscriber
That’s too bad, I always recall when I visit Fargo here they would run Encryption on the PD1 channel for alarm calls. I haven’t been up that way since end of November. I doubt that the Fire Departments would encrypt their channels

It's slowly creeping in to most of the ND law enforcement channels. West Fargo and Cass County both are using encryption more often, but not 100% like Fargo PD (yet). Agreed that the MN side of the river is set up very nicely with the separate ENC channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.