Franklin County-Police Channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

relots

I am currently programing my PRO-84 200 Channel scanner that I use for travel and I was programing all of the Fire and Ambulance along with the state police, but I was wondering if anyone knew the Greencastle Police frequencies. I asked around but no one knew so if anyone knows it is much appreciated.

Thanks,
relots

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I am not aware of any freq. for Greencastle itself . I do know they use the above . They may have a local tac channel but I do not know for sure.

relots

markandjere, I put the frequencies into my scanner and it seemed to work but I haven't heard enough chatter to figure out who it is specifically. I remember that I know one of the greencastle police officers just that I havent seen him in a while so as soon as I talk to him and if/when he gives me the frequencies then I will post them right away.
Thanks again.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
45.62 is county wide police. 460.500 should be a simulcast of 45.62. 460.550 should be Washington Township. 460.525 is Waynesboro . You could enter 460.375 for Chambersburg it usually has the most activity.

9 & 11 UNITS ARE WAYNESBORO AND WASHINGTON TOWNSHIP (off the top of my head I am not sure which unit # is which dept.)

4 UNITS ARE CHAMBERSBURG

5 UNITS ARE PSP/CHAMBERSBURG(STILL USING THE OLD SYSTEM BTW)

I BELIEVE THAT GREENCASTLE ARE THE 8 UNITS

The dispatcher will call on a unit in this manner " Franklin to a (? ) unit".

Any new info would be wonderful.

relots

OK thanks markandjere as soon as I get the information of the greencastle police I will put it up. I put in the Chambersburg and Waynesboro police channels in but not washington township just because of the way I was programing the banks (example:bank 1 is all franklin county EMS,Fire,and police, Bank 2 is the Hagerstown airport and so on). I havent really had time to put in more frequincies I'm accually leaving soon for Ocean City MD for vacation and I'm busily putting in those frequiencies and such. Like I said before I'm trying to get a hold of the police officer I know who is in the Greencastle police department and he should know and tell me because well I'm not just someone that just walks up to him if you know what I mean. I will post it ASAP.
Thanks again

hammyhamham

can you help me mister markandjere i have an old pro-46 and need help programming it. i dont know exactly where to find numbers or info to scan... thank you so much i live here in washington in a small town called burien thanks one again

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
can you help me mister markandjere i have an old pro-46 and need help programming it. i dont know exactly where to find numbers or info to scan... thank you so much i live here in washington in a small town called burien thanks one again

If you live in suburban Seattle, you might want to participate on the Washington state board instead of the Pennsylvania board. Folks there will be better able to help you with frequencies.

relots

markandjere, I asked another guy who works for either Mercersburg or Chambersburg medic and I asked him about the "new system" and here is what is going on... Basically 10-4 and 10-22 and all of those codes are going away, because if you were to drive to New York and say 10-4 that means "I'm on the scene" but to most of us here it means "rodger, ok, ect". So I dont know what theyre going to say next or use code signals but thats what he told me at least. However he is going to find the Greencastle Police frequencies. I will post more soon.

Gilligan

Database Admin
It appears that Waynesboro PD is simulcasting with Washington Township PD. Waynesboro PD is 460.525 (127.3 PL) and Washington Township PD is 460.550 (156.7 PL). I'm thinking that because the two departments are so close together that they may patch their channels together at night or maybe even all day. This would help them to stay aware of what's going on so they can back each other up. Anyone have any information about this?

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
45.62 and 460.550 are county wide police channel one(simulcast) . Every PD in the county uses it for dispatch(as far as I know)except for Chambersburg which uses 460.375 for dispatch.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
Should not be low power. I pick them up good here in New Franklin. But I do use a discone for my scanners.

markandjere

Premium Subscriber
I have thought about getting a discone ,but I'm kinda hesitant if there is going to be a major change in the county radio system. I have never heard anything on that Greencastle freq. but i am only using a nine section antenna on the H/H and I'm actually using a RS Magmount on the desktop. I had the magmount outside the bedroom window this summer and need to change it out or go the discone route I guess.

bmlure

Premium Subscriber
Getting a discone should not hurt you when the county changes. It should work with digital. On Greencastle I get a good bit considering Gcastle is not as big as Cburg.

Status
Not open for further replies.