ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip download for fastlane

Status
Not open for further replies.

2e0wes

hi, can someone please advise me how to download ftp://ftp.fftw.org/pub/fftw/fftw-3.3.5-dll32.zip to get to the files to insert into the fastlane folder. i tried to just open with chrome and edge but this just messed the apps up, so after a re install im back to square 1. thanks in advance

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I assume you're having trouble downloading the .ZIP file itself. That's an issue with Chromium-based browsers I believe. In all honesty, try entering that link into Internet Explorer, and it should download with no problems. Then unzip the .ZIP file with a utility such as 7-Zip or WinZip, then drag the file specified in the DSDPlus Notes.txt file into your DSDPlus folder.

2e0wes

I assume you're having trouble downloading the .ZIP file itself. That's an issue with Chromium-based browsers I believe. In all honesty, try entering that link into Internet Explorer, and it should download with no problems. Then unzip the .ZIP file with a utility such as 7-Zip or WinZip, then drag the file specified in the DSDPlus Notes.txt file into your DSDPlus folder.
thank you mcjones, you were spot on, internet explorer worked, shame this wasn't in the notes or as part of the paid upgrade, would of saved me hours of work.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
The newer (Chromium/Mozilla-based) browsers are depreciating their support of the unsecure FTP protocol, which is why they refuse to download the file. Internet Explorer still supports it, but Microsoft is pushing users more and more towards the Chromium-based Edge, and at some point will completely disable Internet Explorer, so the site hosts will need to consider moving it to being requested via HTTP/HTTPS (one of my vendors at work just had to make the change as well for firmware downloads, so you're not alone).

KA1RBI

I noticed something curious when looking at the FAQ for FFTW which is at
FFTW FAQ - Section 1

The non-free licenses are for companies that wish to use FFTW in their products but are unwilling to release their software under the GPL (which would require them to release source code and allow free redistribution). Such users can purchase an unlimited-use license from MIT. Contact us for more details....

Since when has fastlane been distributed under the GPL? Or, possibly fastlane have purchased an unlimited-use license from MIT for FFTW?

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.