• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

G5 v1.33 firmware download?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Is there somewhere where one can download the v1.33 firmware without using AutoUP?

I've tried using various OS's and browsers but I cannot get AutoUP to work. The Connect button is always missing and pressing Next does nothing.

I've already got v1.31 installed and V0.3.16.29E PPS installed and working. I just want to update this thing to v1.33 or v1.34 if available.

Thanks,

tvengr

Well Known Member
I have always used the unicationusa.com site for updates and have not had a problem. I recently updated two G5's to 1.33 using that site.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Have you tried lately?

Clicking on Download Firmware takes you to the AutoUP page which doesn't work. You can still download the PPS but unless it's hidden somewhere, there's no direct link to download firmware there.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I haven't had a reason to try it very recently. I see that it takes you to AutoUp. The process is very confusing. I remember that it took me a couple of tries to figure it out. You have to take it through step by step.
If you haven't tried recently you don't know the current situation.

It is not working, you click download and when it takes you to the AutoUp page it is all greyed out. I think @mikewazowski is very knowledgeable, as am I, and if neither of us can't make it work it is broke.

Screenshot 2023-02-18 14.25.37.png Screenshot 2023-02-18 14.24.20.png

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
I don't even see the first step where they ask you to connect your G5. Clicking on Next doesn't do anything.

It's definitely broken.

jabbeaux

The site is down with this error message

Resource Limit Is Reached​

The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Direct links to download are in the Unication wiki page >> "Software" section (link). The exact link to v1.33 is this, and it doesn't work. The site is down for everyone until they fix a 508 Loop error on their server.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I was just able to download v1.33 directly using this link:

Code:
http://autoup.unicationusa.com/download.php?type=firmware&version=V1.33&device=g5_voice&serial=

Cut and paste that url into a browser address bar exactly as is....

The downloaded file is:

g5_voice_firmware_V1.33_20220919.exe

size of file = 85,359 KB

Last edited:

kruser

Well Known Member
Premium Subscriber
The site is down with this error message

Direct links to download are in the Unication wiki page >> "Software" section (link). The exact link to v1.33 is this, and it doesn't work. The site is down for everyone until they fix a 508 Loop error on their server.
How about the 1.34 version that some users are given?

My G5 runs fine on 1.33 (even on the VHF/7/800 MOSWIN system) but it may be nice to have 1.34 on hand if it can be had without jumping thru hoops. For some reason, I think 1.34 was released for issues with the systems like MOSWIN that has a mix of VHF and 7/800 sites. But it was only release to users with issues from what I recall.

llzel

Premium Subscriber

My G5 runs fine on 1.33 (even on the VHF/7/800 MOSWIN system) but it may be nice to have 1.34 on hand if it can be had without jumping thru hoops. For some reason, I think 1.34 was released for issues with the systems like MOSWIN that has a mix of VHF and 7/800 sites. But it was only release to users with issues from what I recall.
Kruser you are correct, specifically for G4 devices which are only 7/800 to work with MOSWIN and others that have both VHF and 7/800 control channels. My G4 would constantly reboot on MOSWIN.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

V1.34 I believe was a limited release for Beta Testing of tone detect, it also had to use PPS 29F.

Mendykj

Premium Subscriber
My G4 is currently on V1.34, how can I reverse it to the V1.33? I tried the regular upgrade process with the V1.33 but it gave me an error

Status
Not open for further replies.