• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Firmware/PPS Release for G2-G5 Voice Pagers (V2.02 & V0.4.0.39)

WQWD609

Premium Subscriber
well I changed over 300 TG to alert mode tone and alert tone none. Still missing traffic back to ver 1.35 never had this missing traffic issue.
I am having the same issue. Just upgraded to the newest firmware and pps last night. Now im missing approx. 2-4 seconds at the beginning of each transmission. I tried changing all the tg's to alert and that didn't help either. Do you have a link to download 1.35?

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
I am having the same issue. Just upgraded to the newest firmware and pps last night. Now im missing approx. 2-4 seconds at the beginning of each transmission. I tried changing all the tg's to alert and that didn't help either. Do you have a link to download 1.35?
Check your messages.

trido

Premium Subscriber
Getting pretty good success with 2.02 after following this advice. Here is what I did:
- factory reset pager
- updated firmware to 2.02
- factor reset pager again
- performed a Read Device into new profile
- loaded system into the new profile

It seems to performing just about as good as 1.33/1.35 now, will continue monitoring. Thanks for the tips!
this works for several of us.

WQWD609

Premium Subscriber
Getting pretty good success with 2.02 after following this advice. Here is what I did:
- factory reset pager
- updated firmware to 2.02
- factor reset pager again
- performed a Read Device into new profile
- loaded system into the new profile

It seems to performing just about as good as 1.33/1.35 now, will continue monitoring. Thanks for the tips!
this works for several of us.
How did you go about doing a factory reset? I cant find any information on how to do it.

trido

Premium Subscriber
i dont have the pps right now to tell where it is but setting in the pps to check for fact reset check that box upload to pager. That adds reset to menu in pager to do the reset . Maybe some one can post where that is in pps.

trido

Premium Subscriber
How did you go about doing a factory reset? I cant find any information on how to do it.
In the PPS its E8 pager function List Settings use Device Function Settings scroll to Function Settings Items then CHECK Factory setting. Now upload to pager and now it will have factory reset setting IN the pager.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
Looking in the E8 tab, I noticed this checkbox. Would this be used for private calls for QCII?

Attachments

• 1717420443879.png
    1717420443879.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 9

hazrat8990

Premium Subscriber
Looking in the E8 tab, I noticed this checkbox. Would this be used for private calls for QCII?
Not 100% sure on the QCII part, but for private call, the answer is yes. If a dispatcher wants to target a specific UID, they can do just that. If you know the ID of a subscriber radio that receives them, you would need to program it into the pager. One thing to note about assigning an ID to the pager is that whenever the subscriber radio is keyed, the pager would remain silent.

AES-256-Encryption

Based in the US, always nationwide
Scan18. try this

Factory reset pager
then download from pager.
Start all over.
I imported from radio ref , fresh start
Seems much better.

When I upgraded from 1.35 to 2.02 I just kept using same data that was in 1.35.
Maybe that was a mistake and we should start CLEAN with 2.02.

Let me know if this helps on the miss calls.
I didnt do allat, i just made a new "codeplug" reloaded all the system data and it seems to work much much better