going digital in Wichita

Status
Not open for further replies.

shocker81

External antenna's

I have two Pro 2097's connected to my discone antenna that is seven feet above my roof on our old tv pole from back in the day. I live in Haysville and I get excellent reception on those radios with that discone antenna. But I also have two Pro 2097's sitting in my living room by my recliner with the stock telescoping antenna's pushed all of the way down and the reception is just as good as the one's with the external discone. Sure there are a few dropouts or missed conversatrions once in awile but that is to be expected with the p-25 system. I don't think it will ever be as good as the old analog system was but we can always hope. Until some smart techie figures out what it is going to take to keep conversations from breaking up or dropping out it is what it is. It may never ever be perfect. We just have to tinker and adjust our equipment to make it work the best for us. Some of us will be very happy with the results of our work just like I am and then there are others that will be forever disappointed because they can't get their setup to work the way they want it to. It could be the radio's, it could be the antenna, and it could be location, but since we all can't be neighbors I would suggest mounting a discone antenna on a pole above the roof of your house. If not try finding a good spot in your home for the radio with the stock telescoping antenna pushed all of the way down. Good luck everybody and happy listening. And may Spring begin whenever she is ready.

youngpatriot

I've got a 396xt and have had a lot of problems with trying to get something useful out of the Sedgwick County P25 system. I'm using ProScan and importing the file directly from here at RR. Anyone else get theirs to work right or at least partly right? I'd sure be interested in being able to replicate your results.

Thanks,

David

Status
Not open for further replies.