Help with Proscan setup for broadcasting my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
I have registered version of Proscan and am a member of RR. I would like to be able to set up Proscan to use to broadcast the audio from scanner so I can hear it on my smartphone. I have no clue where to begin. I checked out Broadcastify but it looked way too time consuming. When you apply, you are supposed to enter ALL freqs and talkgroups you'll be streaming. I would have to type all the data manually and it would take all day. I monitor police, rescue, fire, some businesses, coast guard, airport, and railroads. I have been using "Zello" which sort of works OK. But that program is too quirky. I looked in Proscan and there are no clear simple instructions.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have registered version of Proscan and am a member of RR. I would like to be able to set up Proscan to use to broadcast the audio from scanner so I can hear it on my smartphone. I have no clue where to begin. I checked out Broadcastify but it looked way too time consuming. When you apply, you are supposed to enter ALL freqs and talkgroups you'll be streaming. I would have to type all the data manually and it would take all day. I monitor police, rescue, fire, some businesses, coast guard, airport, and railroads. I have been using "Zello" which sort of works OK. But that program is too quirky. I looked in Proscan and there are no clear simple instructions.

What scanner are you using to stream with?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Check the Proscan user manual... look in the "Web Server" section. Instructions are there for setting up the Proscan Web Server, and you can connect to it with your phone's web browser.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Check the Proscan user manual... look in the "Web Server" section. Instructions are there for setting up the Proscan Web Server, and you can connect to it with your phone's web browser.

I am looking but dont see any instructions....just a few fields to fill in with stuff I dont know.

Attachments

• rt.JPG
    rt.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 32

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I am looking but dont see any instructions....just a few fields to fill in with stuff I dont know.

That's the web server itself, not the Proscan user manual.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Not going to work. I still need some kind of Broadcastify site to do this and I really dont have time tp manually type in 300+ freqs!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have registered version of Proscan and am a member of RR. I would like to be able to set up Proscan to use to broadcast the audio from scanner so I can hear it on my smartphone.

Not sure why it's not going to work for you... Proscan will do exactly what you are looking for, and it does it very nicely and easily.
Not going to work. I still need some kind of Broadcastify site to do this and I really dont have time tp manually type in 300+ freqs!

belvdr

No longer interested in living
You can port forward your router to ProScan and listen wherever you want.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
OK still confused. I thought you need some website to host your stream. I am trying to troubleshoot. I did get the server port to work 65535. The audio setup works....checked with loopback and I hear scanner audio thru speakers. I can START with no errors....thats as far as I got right now.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
Why would you manually type the frequencies when you can easily import them via Proscan, you have a RR premium account

View attachment 88670
Sorry I just dont understand this part of it. What I meant by typing in all freqs manually, thats what Broadcastify wants you to do to sign up but apparently I DONT have to do that. So I dont understand why I need to import anything if I am just using scanner audio?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
OK still confused. I thought you need some website to host your stream. I am trying to troubleshoot. I did get the server port to work 65535. The audio setup works....checked with loopback and I hear scanner audio thru speakers. I can START with no errors....thats as far as I got right now.
ProScan has the website included. Port forward your router back to ProScan's web server port and you can listen anywhere you have data on your phone. You can also test on your LAN:

http://<IP of PC running ProScan>:65535

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber
ProScan has the website included. Port forward your router back to ProScan's web server port and you can listen anywhere you have data on your phone. You can also test on your LAN:

I am not going to bother. I really dont want to go into router setup and risk messing up network cause I am totally not a network geek. I dont know how to do these things. I dont know what port forward is.

bobruzzo

W1AV
Premium Subscriber

I tried this and it comes back "cant find site"

Status
Not open for further replies.