Hickman Sheriff going P25

cbeb12

Premium Subscriber
A note has been added to the database recently:

5/24 - Sheriff/Law will be moving to UHF P25 Conventional system soon, with Full Encryption. No more DMR.

Does anyone know what frequency they’ll be using/testing on? And is it definitely not TACN? I’ve seen some new fully encrypted talk groups recently on Theta and a few other local sites near Hickman county.

ka4bni

Feed Provider
I'm just speculating here, but I would think they will reuse their 460.3000 UHF frequency that they use on their current DMR system. They will probably have a P-25 simulcast system reusing the 460.300 on several sites.
They use the same radio shop that Chester County uses and Chester recently migrated to P-25 conventional and reused their UHF frequency in a simulcast config.

cbeb12

Premium Subscriber
At present I don’t think they use the 460.300 frequency (I always get them on the other site specific frequencies) so they could start using it again as P25 like you said

FARMER522

I'm just speculating here, but I would think they will reuse their 460.3000 UHF frequency that they use on their current DMR system. They will probably have a P-25 simulcast system reusing the 460.300 on several sites.
They use the same radio shop that Chester County uses and Chester recently migrated to P-25 conventional and reused their UHF frequency in a simulcast config.
Is that B&E ?