Introducing the SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke0hfc

If I don't have ship information by tomorrow morning I'm going to cancel and go elsewhere. Too bad because I really like dealing with them (up until now).

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I went to their site and Atlanta Ga has them in stock and I called and UPS picked up shipments who ever paid full price I should get mine tomorrow if so that be good.

KN4C

I get next day from Atlanta, but as of now they are showing that it will ship from Salem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancow

Database Admin
Interesting. I thought the 536 WiFi dongle was only for use with the Siren app, which apparently is not currently working with SDS200. I guess I don't see the benefit of using ethernet to control the radio through ProScan, as I'm sure you could just use the supplied programming cable to control the radio. Is that correct? Only difference being you'd have to connect to a computer with the programming cable vs. connecting to your WiFi router with the ethernet cable? Perhaps I'm missing something. How does ethernet take the place of audio cables?

The radio provides digitized control and audio strait to TCP. It's much faster and cleaner.

epilab

Premium Subscriber
Just an FYI

Texted Bearcat warehouse Saturday night about stock status ..... they replied Sunday morning. Called Monday morning after unforeseen delays from another supplier..... and had tracking info 15 minutes later. Paid for air freight and was in my hands by eight thirty today

firemantom26

Premium Subscriber
Question for those who possess an SDS200 already:
What is the purpose of the ethernet port?
What are you connecting the radio to via ethernet, and what are you able to accomplish with that connectivity?
Apologies if there has already been a discussion of this topic. If so I have not seen it.
Thanks!
I have connected the device below with a Cat 6 cableto the LAN port.

I can listen to the Siren app at home and on the road using VPN.

It was real easy to setup..................

IOGEAR Universal RJ-45 Ethernet to Wi-Fi Wireless Adapter Dongle with WPS | eBay

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01FHC0XRK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
Can I set that app up if I only have WiFi in my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sparklehorse

Premium Subscriber
The radio provides digitized control and audio strait to TCP. It's much faster and cleaner.

Faster and cleaner than the Siren app over WiFi? Is that what you mean? Gosh, I gave up completely on the Siren app a long time ago due to the frequent crashes and frequently having to re-enter the Scanner IP address. What a pain. And the original promise of being able to use it easily over the internet never materialized. I know people have been doing that via VPN but that seems like a hack to me to get something to work that should have been more plug & play. It's too bad that Uniden seems to have abandoned that app. Since I don't use the Siren app, don't stream my radios over the internet, and don't care about controlling them with ProScan I guess the ethernet connectivity isn't really going to offer me any benefit. Oh well.

W5RGP

Question for those who possess an SDS200 already:
What is the purpose of the ethernet port?
What are you connecting the radio to via ethernet, and what are you able to accomplish with that connectivity?
Apologies if there has already been a discussion of this topic. If so I have not seen it.
Thanks!

There was a video of the database being updated via lan not sure when the non beta testers will be able to get it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxScanner

Premium Subscriber
I remember trying the siren app when I had the 536, I really didn’t understand the purpose of it, I thought you would eable to listen to your scanner anywhere not just in your house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.