Iowa Statewide Interoperability Communication System (ISICS)

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
I just heard a unit ID as NIPCOxxx calling control on 4200.
So now it seems strange for "Prairie Rose" to be the wind farm in Minnesota. NIPCO only goes as far north as Sioux County. Lyon is part of a different coop (L&O). So I wonder what "Eagle" and "Prairie Rose" are . . . I do know there's a Prairie Rose State Park near Harlan, and Harlan is in the NIPCO footprint . . .

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Just Heard an ambulance on TG33404 talking to Jackson Co ComCenter about arrival at Genesis East in Davenport. So this is a Fire/EMS related TG for Jackson Co.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
So now it seems strange for "Prairie Rose" to be the wind farm in Minnesota. NIPCO only goes as far north as Sioux County. Lyon is part of a different coop (L&O). So I wonder what "Eagle" and "Prairie Rose" are . . . I do know there's a Prairie Rose State search and came up with an Iowa State Park that is the more southwest are of the State.
that's the only thing came up when I search after reading the original post. Then Google started wandering and giving me places in other states.

MCWKen

Just Heard an ambulance on TG33404 talking to Jackson Co ComCenter about arrival at Genesis East in Davenport. So this is a Fire/EMS related TG for Jackson Co.
We heard the same thing, sadly, I reset the radio this afternoon not remembering I wanted to get that info from the log.

MCWKen

For those so inclined; The PD/County/State working the Concerts in Clinton this weekend will be using County Tac1 - TG 23513. Not sure what Fire/EMS will be using.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
So now it seems strange for "Prairie Rose" to be the wind farm in Minnesota. NIPCO only goes as far north as Sioux County. Lyon is part of a different coop (L&O). So I wonder what "Eagle" and "Prairie Rose" are . . . I do know there's a Prairie Rose State Park near Harlan, and Harlan is in the NIPCO footprint . . .
Just possible they are referencing a switchyard.

dd13528

Does anyone know the radio plan for RAGBRAI this year? Will they be sticking to regional talk groups or be using a state wide channel?

wirr

Database Admin
TG 34301 showed up on DSD with IDs 5100001 and 5100215. Jefferson County?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Does anyone know the radio plan for RAGBRAI this year? Will they be sticking to regional talk groups or be using a state wide channel?

The typical plan has any incident that is moving on statewide TAC channels. Unplanned incidents usually start on IATAC2 and increase in number from there. Planned incidents usually start on higher numbers...

However, last year, I believe that RAGBRAI were using regional tac channels.

rdelao_16

Here's something I noticed this evening while listening in Sac County. I got full bars into Hamilton Co. Simulcast frequency 774.79375. Hamilton Co Simulcast is actually giving DAT as well in Sac City. Not sure if there's a tower near here with an unknown frequency or what's going on. Just noticed thought I'd post about it.

rdelao_16

RAGBRAI incident command for today at least is IA TAC5. TG 3005. Heard incident command requesting an ambulance in Remsen. It is the 50th anniversary of it so I guess that's fitting. I also wouldn't think they'd change the tac group throughout the trip.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Here's something I noticed this evening while listening in Sac County. I got full bars into Hamilton Co. Simulcast frequency 774.79375. Hamilton Co Simulcast is actually giving DAT as well in Sac City. Not sure if there's a tower near here with an unknown frequency or what's going on. Just noticed thought I'd post about it.

It would be worth investigating. Sac County is getting a couple towers. I haven't seen a timeline of when that is to occur tho.

Tim

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Is anybody using a yagi antenna for ISICS? I know it would be a compromise, but I'm tempted by all the cheap prices on wifi/cellular yagis that claim to have 700MHz coverage. I'm guessing they're complete crap at ISICS frequencies, but I'm curious if anybody is trying one. For some reason, my workplace is unable to pick up the ISICS tower 12 miles away. Granted, it's a VHF antenna, but at only 12 miles away, I'd think you could pick it up on a wet noodle. Guess not. Funny thing is, it used to work fine. Guessing they turned it down or changed the pattern when another tower was put up.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Channels being used in Polk County for RAGBRAI today:

8CALL90 - Dispatch centers
R1 TAC13 - EOC to area command posts
R1 TAC14 - Medical
IA TAC5 - Law enforcement 1
IA TAC6 - Law enforcement 2

I think DMPD is using Event 1.

Last edited:

MCWKen

Just heard the same a few minutes ago, again checking out at Genisis. He referred to the TG as "Roam", his unit number was 551 - RID 4917354. No Idea if this was Maquoketa ambulance, or another department in Jackson County.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Just heard the same a few minutes ago, again checking out at Genisis. He referred to the TG as "Roam", his unit number was 551 - RID 4917354. No Idea if this was Maquoketa ambulance, or another department in Jackson County.
551 is a Maquoketa Ambulance. I saw the details as I sat at the computer on the Unitrucker history. I don't have my friend's SDS' so reception is hit and miss on the 536HP.

MCWKen

551 is a Maquoketa Ambulance. I saw the details as I sat at the computer on the Unitrucker history. I don't have my friend's SDS' so reception is hit and miss on the 536HP.
I failed to mention I heard that on the N. Scott site. But thanks for the information.

MCWKen

For all interested, today 07-27: Site 1 - 100 shows active in the adjacent list at N. Scott. I am assuming for RAGBRAI. It also shows on DeWitt 1-54, and Clinton 2-23.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
For all interested, today 07-27: Site 1 - 100 shows active in the adjacent list at N. Scott. I am assuming for RAGBRAI. It also shows on DeWitt 1-54, and Clinton 2-23.

From the signal strength and knowing the terrain I would say its somewhere in eastern Muscatine Co / Southwest Scott County. Haven't seen any traffic come across the site yet. But it is the scanlist since it won't have simulcast problems.