KSP Discussion Thread

AngelBj

Are they getting a new CAD system been hearing a lot of London post units going to Hazard for CAD training

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what frequency KSP is using at the state fair? I haven't heard a peep from them this year. Hoping they haven't gone the encrypted route.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
I'm going to say what KSP now having APX 8000 for all of their officers. They may not be using the VHF channel like they used to anymore. It's probability that they're on some talk group on the Metro system. I've heard rumors at the Metro system is going to be tied in to the new KSP 800 system that's being built that away. They don't have to build sites to cover the Louisville area

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
Have you guys figured out what they're using for the state fair details? I'll be down there this weekend and was wandering what to program in.

KyFireFreak

Feed Provider
I assume they're sharing cache radios? I know a trooper that is headed down there to work a detail. He didn't know what they're using and definitely does not have anything from Metrosafe programmed in his APX radio.

Is all LE talkgroups encrypted on Metrosafe?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Did you mean to say that Shively, St. Matthews, Anchorage and J-town, LRAA are in the clear?

All of LMPD except for River Talkgroup are encrypted with 1-4 being on a delayed feed via RR. If not already, there is talk about JCSO going encrypted but I haven't listened to them for a while.

alky1234

Ø
Feed Provider
I assume they're sharing cache radios? I know a trooper that is headed down there to work a detail. He didn't know what they're using and definitely does not have anything from Metrosafe programmed in his APX radio.

Is all LE talkgroups encrypted on Metrosafe?
No, they're using the Troopers KSP radios. More than likely he doesn't have MetroSafe programmed into his radio and can get it programmed or just doesn't know where it is at in the radio.

jgjackson1977

Premium Subscriber
Just thought I’d throw out that I copied KSP post 7 this morning in Owsley Co on F-1 154.665 with a tone of 118.8. The 179.9 tone doesn’t seem to work any longer.

Thanks,
Jason
WRZQ344