Latest CHP Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanfan22

Sounds like the new channels have receivers well outside their designated use areas. I heard one comm tech on Teal 2 check in from the 91 freeway. Another tech headed west along the 118 and was still clear as a bell as he cruised the 23 through Moorpark and Thousand Oaks. Tomorrow morning they plan on doing a Teal 2 tour along the coast.

TEAL was on OAT, Lukens, Mount Thom and near Waterman Mountain. With those sites they should get into South Ventura county fine and the last site probably covers the 91 freeway... During testing today I hear a hum on the signal despite a strong signal. I also noticed more noise on the signal when Chippers were reporting in from the 405 valley area. The 101 area sounded better. I'm just glad to hear both sides of the convo

On a side note:

I noticed last night around 9 PM PST that there were some people talking on TEAL 2 who weren't Chippers. They had strong accents.

"You're 10-2 on Teal 2"

DPD1

I guess they don't like me, because they always stop talking when I listen.

bryan_herbert

Premium Subscriber
The accented units working Teal 2 Thursday night and Friday morning were the DC units from the state. The channel was handed over to CHP at 930 and CHP continued testing until roughly noon. Some of the receiver sites mentioned were Oat, Castro and Rolling Hills aka Pedro. One DC unit was reportedly hitting the Castro receiver while driving around Quartz Hill, he then took the 14 to the 5 then jumped on the 405 and all the way down to Sherman Way was given a solid report from the dispatcher, no cut outs even through the Newhall Pass. Whats more incredible was that the DC units were able to work each other in the canyon areas around the 14 (Bouquet, Vasquez) that Tan is supposed to cover but is indeed deaf, even with the new system.

Last edited:

scanfan22

nothing on teal 2 as of right now Monday at 0851 hrs..

Based on the amount of static and "10-1" spots during last weeks testing I would imagine that the techs have to do some tweaking and adjusting of TEAL 2 this week and then switch it over.

Yellow should be next and then Blue.

Anyone know when the Central Division or Coastal Division will be started?

Opfor2

Based on the amount of static and "10-1" spots during last weeks testing I would imagine that the techs have to do some tweaking and adjusting of TEAL 2 this week and then switch it over.

Yellow should be next and then Blue.

Anyone know when the Central Division or Coastal Division will be started?

Well that makes sense for my entire drive around 45 min 118 east to 405 south no traffic on teal2 what so ever.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
I think avtarsingh said July..
avtarsingh definitely seems to have the inside track, and it seems like the more populous divisions are getting configured first. Haven't seen a schedule, but my SWAG would be Border (or maybe Inland) coming next. And that's worth what you just paid for it. :)

Progline

Premium Subscriber
A previous post indicated Border Div and then Inland. I would have to wonder about access to some of the mountaintop sites on Inland, especially Silver Peak for the GOLD-2 for Inyo/Mono coverage. I guess Sno-cats and Helicopters may be required?

DPD1

Just noticed today I can now hear the new Santa Fe Springs. Couldn't hear that before. I would say overall the system is much improved. Much of that may just be due to fresh equipment being installed. But I can hear all SoCal channels now, and I think I was missing a few before.

gman65

Premium Subscriber
Has work begun on the YELLOW yet? They really seemed to be on a roll there

Yesterday I heard some testing on Southern Blue 2. The tech mentioned that they would continue today after some work on the Yellow. It sounds like work on both is going on or overlapping. Haven't had time to monitor today though.

Status
Not open for further replies.