Looking for new scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawman911tc

Hi

Have been out of the scanner world for a few years, trying to get back into it, but I know that a lot has changed in the last few years.

Looking for a cheap(money) portable trunk tracking radio that will scan the Phase II.

I am Madison County, IL and most everybody in this county is on the Motorola trunking system, there are a few that are not.

Any suggestions would be great. I was looking at the Whistler Group WS1040 but I am not sure if that will work for the departments in my area.

Thank You
Bob

bob550

Premium Subscriber
Welcome back to the hobby! The Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 is the least expensive portable scanner capable of receiving Phase 2 transmissions. An "inexpensive" Phase 2 desktop alternative would be the Uniden BCD996P2. The Whistler WS1040, unfortunately, only receives Phase 1 P25. In any case, there will be a learning curve with the newer digital scanners, and computer programming is all but required. The good news, is that the cost of the software runs anywhere from free, to about $40, on average.

Blackswan73

1088 brand new $319. Software is included free. Also HP2, 1098, and 1095 can all be found for less than $350. All include software

Status
Not open for further replies.