Los Angeles Regional Interoperable Communications System (LA-RICS) - Master Thread

epn440

So North County analog sound horrible almost like lync has been shutoff not hearing any calls on the 700 system and most the calls tonight are self dispatched by the station. Blue 12 Blue 8 Lancaster and Palmdale sounds broken a lot of static tried ht mobile and base no change.

Eng74

Any word when LACoFD is going to make the switch? One of the dispatchers said it was going to be a long day today (3/4) because the repeaters were down. Last week during the storm the CAD went down. I am sure all they are doing is keeping it on life support until they can make the switch.

patin

Any word when LACoFD is going to make the switch? One of the dispatchers said it was going to be a long day today (3/4) because the repeaters were down. Last week during the storm the CAD went down. I am sure all they are doing is keeping it on life support until they can make the switch.
I monitor the BLUE 8 on LA-RICS

There is no difference between us as the public being watched and recoreded. LE is too. So they want to just do their job and be hidden when talking to their buddies or friends via encrypted apps or text messaging.
Like airline pilots determined to keep video cameras out of the cockpit so the FAA and public can't see what they are doing, but I've heard they want or airlines have installed surveillance systems on us in the back of the plane.

In early to mid 2001 an airlines pilot association filed a complaint with the FAA about cops flying while carrying guns. They mentioned 2 times where cops left their guns behind. The group wanted no more guns on planes.

Then 9.11 hit and within weeks they were demanding the right to have guns in the cockpit.

epn440

So not sure what happened but the busy tone is back and dispatching is going back through SCC wondering what happened in Palmdale and Lancaster had no busy tone all weekend and today busy tone is back. County fire repeaters were definitely down Saturday morning around the AV area came back up in the afternoon.

So not sure what happened but the busy tone is back and dispatching is going back through SCC wondering what happened in Palmdale and Lancaster had no busy tone all weekend and today busy tone is back. County fire repeaters were definitely down Saturday morning around the AV area came back up in the afternoon.

The storms caused quite a bit of issues in the north. Hauser Peak was down, which is a prime coverage site for the north.

1008 is Forestry Division and in the clear, 1002 is Admin and planned ENC.

Admin is and will always be in the clear.

LACOFD ADMIN 1002 appears to be the old Blue 12 for North County and B12 Analog has been moved to B9 patch LACOFD ADMIN.

Just a fallback due to the Hauser Peak issues that have since been resolved. LACoFD is never going to the LARICS digital trunked system for daily ops.

LACoFD isn't going to the trunked system.

New CAD is a several years out.. Hopefully.

I monitor the BLUE 8 on LA-RICS

The trunked TG "LAC DISPATCH" will exist after Blue 8 (470.5375) is discontinued.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
The storms caused quite a bit of issues in the north. Hauser Peak was down, which is a prime coverage site for the north.

Admin is and will always be in the clear.

Just a fallback due to the Hauser Peak issues that have since been resolved. LACoFD is never going to the LARICS digital trunked system for daily ops.
I am pretty sure you do not know what you are talking about with LACOFD not moving over to LA-RICS in time. The County of Los Angeles did not budget in hundreds of millions of dollars or get grant money from The State of California not to move over LACOFD to this new trunking system. This state of the art trunking system has been in the planning and execution phase for over 10 years now. Please go somewhere else.

I am pretty sure you do not know what you are talking about with LACOFD not moving over to LA-RICS in time. The County of Los Angeles did not budget in hundreds of millions of dollars or get grant money from The State of California not to move over LACOFD to this new trunking system. This state of the art trunking system has been in the planning and execution phase for over 10 years now. Please go somewhere else.

I'm sorry, but you're very incorrect. You can contact their Communications Unit if you have doubts. RadioCoordinator@fire.lacounty.gov

I'll be awaiting your email.

Eng74

LACoFD isn't going to the trunked system.

New CAD is a several years out.. Hopefully.

The trunked TG "LAC DISPATCH" will exist after Blue 8 (470.5375) is discontinued.
So why are they not going to the system if they have talk groups on it already?

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
"Never" is rarely a valid statement when predicting the future.

cneuman

I am trying to listen to the system on an sds-100. Only traffic I hear in North County (Agua Dulce) is Sheriff Aero. Do I need any upgrade like "DMR" for this radio to work? Aero traffic is not to often and usually very brief. Not hearing any LACoFD traffic. Appreciate any guidance.