LWIN Discussion Thread

YardDart63

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
Leland and the Sulphur-Carlyss Information Station Facebook page is the reason all law enforcement agencies are going encrypted.
May be the reason some are going E, but I believe at least one in NELA (which shall not be named) is switching to hide wrongdoing. I say this because they've been dabbling with encryption on the main dispatch channel lately. This comes after a scanner recording was used against the department in a lawsuit, which was brought because nightshift deputies targeted, illegally stopped, and illegally searched a motorist on at least two occasions. And also after someone uploaded a recording to YouTube (since taken down for some reason) that suggested deputies were planning to target and retaliate against someone who had taken photos of their patrol cars parked in handicap parking spaces. Oh, and also after a scanner recording contributed to LSP busting a certain police chief in the same general area.

But nonetheless, I guess encryption is inevitable anyway.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

slayer816

Premium Subscriber

Heard voice on Monroe site (3-2). Seeing logins / logouts with Unitrunker on Bastrop site (3-12), but no voice grants.

Spec605LA

Statewide Radio Jedi
Premium Subscriber
Most new LWIN sites are initally funded and activated by a local agency, the once the site is active the state will take it over and maintain it. There are multiple sites throughout the state that have frequencies licensed to a local agency with the than same frequency licensed to the state on another site across the state.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I’ve never discovered a new LWIN site before. There’s a brand new tower there and they’re for sure up to something, West Monroe site keeps going offline every so often. The area where the tower is is half mile from a parish fire station and it’s a big low signal area from all neighboring sites due to terrain.

Makes sense that the fd would start it, there’s no signal anywhere around there. It’s right in the middle of that big dead zone on all the coverage maps.

BillC

Premium Subscriber
Interesting. I’ve never discovered a new LWIN site before. There’s a brand new tower there and they’re for sure up to something, West Monroe site keeps going offline every so often. The area where the tower is is half mile from a parish fire station and it’s a big low signal area from all neighboring sites due to terrain.

Makes sense that the fd would start it, there’s no signal anywhere around there. It’s right in the middle of that big dead zone on all the coverage maps.
This is going to help my scanner reception of the LWIN system at my house. Probably 4 or 5 miles from my house 👍

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
This is going to help my scanner reception of the LWIN system at my house. Probably 4 or 5 miles from my house 👍

I can't imagine you can get much in those hills as it stands. With WM site being down, I couldn't pick up anything till I got back into civilization. Can you let us know when the site is transmitting? I'll go map it, I'm just too far away to constantly monitor.

BillC

Premium Subscriber
I can't imagine you can get much in those hills as it stands. With WM site being down, I couldn't pick up anything till I got back into civilization. Can you let us know when the site is transmitting? I'll go map it, I'm just too far away to constantly monitor.

Will do!!
I will be keeping a close eye on it
Bill

slayer816

Premium Subscriber

Heard voice on Monroe site (3-2). Not enough voice to identify.

Heard voice on Monroe site (3-2). Seeing logins / logouts with Unitrunker on Bastrop site (3-12), but no voice grants.

Monitored 13080 more today on Monroe site (3-2). Some units talking about circuit boards or similar electronics, there is a dispatcher called "base", and they have unit numbers.

Technoguy58

13079 appears to be a medical center complex of some kind. Been hearing it since mid 2019 or so. Mostly security type conversations as checking doors, lobbies, parking lots, etc.. Also, mention of walkin clinics which leads me to believe it is a med complex of some kind. Never hear any defining info as to who it is though.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
After messing with some settings, I can hit Monroe periodically from here with Unitrunker which isn't showing anything new on the "peers" tab. I guess this new site may take awhile to come online.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
13079 appears to be a medical center complex of some kind. Been hearing it since mid 2019 or so. Mostly security type conversations as checking doors, lobbies, parking lots, etc.. Also, mention of walkin clinics which leads me to believe it is a med complex of some kind. Never hear any defining info as to who it is though.

That is about what I heard on 13080 last night. During the day; more talk about solar panels, various electronics, lights, alarms, etc and at night discussions are back to some security type operation with the checking of parking lots, doors, etc. Seems to be related to 13079. It's for sure medical related, but they don't seem to be in the medical field. Overhaul maybe? It also seems to be at least two separate groups using the same channel. Now I'm hearing normal maintenance conversations. For sure going to need some help with these two talk groups. I hear tons of info, but none of it makes sense with everyone using the same TGID for separate things. The only thing in common is they're all either at or headed to a multi-story medical facility somewhere. 13079 has been silent today.

53175 - Checking in at residences, using law enforcement codes but not doing anything except driving/stopping. Summons/Truancy perhaps
53170 - Monroe/WM wide non-emergency light medical transport, sounds private most likely Affinity Medical
53182 - Unitrunker Logins, no voice.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
7030 - Possibly Military as it's near other NG tg's. Voice but didn't catch it in time.
55003 - Unitrunker login, no voice

Site 3-12

Technoguy58

I really think 13079 is going to be either Ochsner med complex in Monroe or Shreveport. Ochsner has been either buying up or merging with all kinds of hospitals and clinics in La.. I do contract work at a lot of med clinics and a few hospitals and had a customer show me his new toy (a harris portable of some kind) that the state required them to buy. He told me all clinics, nursing homes, hospitals, etc had to have access to LWIN at some time down the road. I noticed the other day when I was at University hospital (LSU) in Monroe, that all of the various building maint guys have what looks to be XTS5000's (portables if I said it wrong). They used to all carry UHF radios. So something has changed. I saw a radio tech putting up an 700/800 mhz beam on top the maint building a few months ago. Appears to be pointing toward the Monroe tower site.