LWIN Discussion Thread

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
3.35 Cypress has been in site trunking all day. 3.42 West Monroe has been in site trunking all week. Wouldn't be surprised if more sites in the area pop in and out for awhile.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Slayer816, was wondering if you had any new LWIN UIDs and such from recent trips.
Here's my Dropbox file sharing link: Login - Dropbox

Major thanks.

Last edited:

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
DeSoto TRS is silent. Several unknown ID’s popping up in the 12000-12100 range off the 3.44 site. Clearly DeSoto LE and EMS.

Recording while I’m here but does anyone local has an idea if DeSoto went to LWIN full time?

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
DeSoto TRS is silent. Several unknown ID’s popping up in the 12000-12100 range off the 3.44 site. Clearly DeSoto LE and EMS.

Recording while I’m here but does anyone local has an idea if DeSoto went to LWIN full time?
I caught 12002 on the Alexandria Tower a couple of days ago. It sounded kind of like De Soto SO. I wasn't able to record any audio but I did hear a unit being sent to keachie. I saved the tg to my LWIN FL if I get anything else I'll post it.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
This is sad. I was planning to travel to DeSoto parish to listen to their system as it's so rare in Louisiana.

Last time I just had a SDS100. LWIN was in use while the Conventional DMR system was silent. However that's not enough for me to say that it actually is not in use anymore. I was hoping for some local assistance on that. I haven't even programmed the CAP+ system yet.

12002 - DeSoto Parish SO
12092 - DeSoto Parish EMS

Now that my mobile SDR is set up properly, I will be returning to the area and will get some more info.

Bossier Parish Fire/EMS uses one that is very similar
I hear that one at least once a week.

YardDart63

Feed Provider
Premium Subscriber
I've updated the wiki to place all my unidentified tg's in public view. Maybe others can assist so they can be properly identified for submission to the db. I figure everyone can add theirs as well.
Thanks for posting that list. I can positively identify a couple of them and less-positively identify a couple more.

50004 - Caldwell SO Event. Heard being used for ballgame traffic once and referred to as "the event channel." Only heard in-the-clear.

50005 I've heard used very rarely by Caldwell SO deputies and only referred to as "channel 2." It can probably be put in as Caldwell SO Dispatch 2 and changed if anyone hears it called something different. They used encryption on it once during a warrant round-up a few years ago but only heard it in-the-clear since.

50015 - Caldwell Fire Tac 1. Heard being used by Caldwell firefighters for maintenance once and referred to as "tac 1." Only heard in-the-clear.

50016 I'm not very confident about, heard Caldwell firefighters using it for maintenance once but never heard them call it anything. Since '15 is Tac 1 I'm thinking '16 is Tac 2, but haven't heard anyone say for sure. Only heard in-the-clear, only heard firemen on it.

I've heard Olla PD (LaSalle Parish) trying to use 47016 in-the-clear on their portables a few times, but portables don't have good reception in that area so they quit trying. Not confident enough to call it Olla PD but it's definitely something in LaSalle. 47008 and 47018 I've only seen pop up in Unitrunker but based on the number sequence they're something in LaSalle.

One already in the DB (50008) under "CPSO" / "Sheriff" is Caldwell Correctional Center. Haven't heard anyone call it anything but heard CCC inmate transport using it a few times to give updates to the central controller, and often hear certain CPSO deputies using it to let "central" know they're enroute there with an arrestee. Only heard in-the-clear. CPSO Jail, CPSO Transport, or something along those lines would work.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Awesome. The following are my opinions as a listener/sdr hunter and not of a db admin

50004 - submit as described

50005 - submit as Sheriff Ch. 2 Tactical Law-Tac with a De for partial ENC. I used to do submit channel 2's as "Dispatch 2" until I started paying attention to the root definition of a dispatch channel. Since no actual "dispatches" are taking place, it shouldn't be named "Dispatch". Keeping in mind we can change the names to whatever we want in our favorites list. This also pretty much confirms that 50000 (the dispatch channel) is indeed "CH 1"

50015 - submit as described

50016 - submit as described

47016 - I put a note on the wiki entry for this TG that it probably is related to Olla PD. Anyone can do this and if you are watching the wiki, it will notify you of changes. That was my hopeful intent of that section.

50008 - submit as described

I'm glad it was useful and thank you for your input!!!

lamopac

Premium Subscriber
I caught TG 12012 yesterday while in Coushatta. Based on the radio traffic which was mostly public works type, I believe that it is the Red River Police Jury channel.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
This is sad. I was planning to travel to DeSoto parish to listen to their system as it's so rare in Louisiana.

CAP plus system still up and running. Just empty. However I only monitored for a few mins. But enough to know Desoto Parish SO is on LWIN and not on the CAP plus.

Without detracting from the thread too much. There’s a similar system in Bossier Parish that is in use for parish fire / ems.

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Site: 1.96

Channel 1-1222: 769.64375 CC

Peer of 3.31 Mansfield, 3.44 Keatchi

The second "suitcase" mobile repeater that isnt in the db? A new unlisted mobile tower? Any better location of where she is up and running currently?

D4chaplain

Premium Subscriber
So Per the site below, there seems to be a tower in central, LA. Anyone by change know the Site ID for that yet?

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
1) Site 1.96 is still online showing as a peer of 3.44 Keatchi. It's at least as far south as the Mansfield area as I've gone south to Frierson as still didn't find it (in April). I will do another hunt next weekend.

2) Monroe Police (Ouachita) is now fully encrypted on channels 1-4. Some units are in the clear at random, but this is the exception and likely haven't had their radios fixed yet.

slhbeard

Premium Subscriber
I am receiving a new Talkgroup 22002. Does anyone know who this? It could be on LWIN or MSWIN since I live close to the State Line.