Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank3si

Yesterday I went to McGuire for a farewell ceremony for the KC-10 Extender, interviewing two pilots and a boom operator. One of those pilots is at the controls right now of the final KC-10 flight out of McGuire, headed for the boneyard in AZ. This aircraft's nickname: Armadillo Express :LOL:

I'll be posting a KC-10 story on my Aerospace Perceptions site in a few days - the main story on the site right now is the Thunderbirds flight for Home Town Hero at Wallops. Take a look if you've got time :)

www.aerospaceperceptions.com

06222023 Final KC10 McGuire.jpg

mdmonitor

1215- Northrop guys busy today. Scan 05 (CRJ-7 N805X) working over MD/DE Eastern Shore & Scan 1 (L-39 N649SE) & Scan 06 (CRJ-7 N805X) working in Atlantic Test Track.

1230- Passo 32 (E-6B # 162782) off PAX heading west. Maybe heading to Tinker?

1235- Skull 84 (sounds like) working ZOB Warren (369.9)

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I went to McGuire for a farewell ceremony for the KC-10 Extender, interviewing two pilots and a boom operator. One of those pilots is at the controls right now of the final KC-10 flight out of McGuire, headed for the boneyard in AZ. This aircraft's nickname: Armadillo Express :LOL:

I'll be posting a KC-10 story on my Aerospace Perceptions site in a few days - the main story on the site right now is the Thunderbirds flight for Home Town Hero at Wallops. Take a look if you've got time :)

www.aerospaceperceptions.com
USAF has nice article too.. I still have not seen any article about that PUDGY-58 KC-46 27 hour US flight a while back.
Maybe still confirming the data?

Farewell ‘Big Sexy’: Airmen Bid Adieu to Final East Coast KC-10

frank3si

USAF has nice article too.. I still have not seen any article about that PUDGY-58 KC-46 27 hour US flight a while back.
Maybe still confirming the data?

Farewell ‘Big Sexy’: Airmen Bid Adieu to Final East Coast KC-10

Good article! Tiffany Irby, quoted in that story, is the boom operator I spent time with. They were all great people with thoughtful comments - I'm looking forward to transcribing the interviews and getting my own article done ;)

And I, too, am interested in that KC-46 flight!

Status
Not open for further replies.