Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
Too bad I'm in the office right now and not home in front of the radio.

NASA817 transiting south over Central NJ at 1200'
NASA 817 was so low, it startled me at first while I was driving. Its not every day you see that size plane so low over residential areas.
1530- Warren Grove Range is very active this afternoon 283.1

BM82557

ANG Lakota helo 01172290 departing KMRB at 1321local for VFR local.

16:11 local -- 290 to Parkersburg OPS on SIRN TG 9553 reporting ops normal departing MRB enroute back to Parkersburg,

this bird has always had the registration of 13-72290 but callsign (on ADS-B) as 01172290

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
16:11 local -- 290 to Parkersburg OPS on SIRN TG 9553 reporting ops normal departing MRB enroute back to Parkersburg,

this bird has always had the registration of 13-72290 but callsign (on ADS-B) as 01172290

How much traffic are you hearing on SIRN relating to MilAir? I can plug these TGs into my digital receiver and start lugging that around. Is the crew at KMRB making frequent use of it airborne or is it mostly ground (non-flying) ops?

Tech792

Premium Subscriber
If he takes the same flight path as last week, he's going to go right over my house again on the way back.
1814- He's now heading south on the Hudson River.
1833- Just passed my house. I'm not great with photography so please excuse the crummy photo.

Attachments

• 817.jpg
    817.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

frank3si

If he takes the same flight path as last week, he's going to go right over my house again on the way back.
1814- He's now heading south on the Hudson River.
1833- Just passed my house. I'm not great with photography so please excuse the crummy photo.

So, he certainly did not land at Trenton, despite the detailed departure/arrival times I posted above. I don't think I've ever seen "false" departures/arrivals like that - I wonder why his entire flight wasn't shown as originating KFFO and returning there, instead of sticking KTTN in the middle without actually touching down? He's over Center City Philadelphia right now, heading west.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS flies back to DC tomorrow

MDT
3:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Salt Lake City, Utah en route to Joint Base Andrews

EDT
9:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the White House
9:20 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White South Lawn

Mark

Premium Subscriber
So, he certainly did not land at Trenton, despite the detailed departure/arrival times I posted above. I don't think I've ever seen "false" departures/arrivals like that - I wonder why his entire flight wasn't shown as originating KFFO and returning there, instead of sticking KTTN in the middle without actually touching down? He's over Center City Philadelphia right now, heading west.
Flightaware has done that a couple times before with NASA-817.. Never actually lands Trenton but does low apch then
returns KFFO.. Maybe that is just to file a IFR Res flight plan on return to Wright Pat. Using Trenton as a departure/arrival waypoint
since in action here they are flying low altitude VFR on their smog snoop runs.

A/C had troubled F-16 tonight #4 of DEVIL-11 flight were working down near Pax River.
Were A/A 298.600 last heard A/C apch 327.125 inbound.

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Couple Altrav tankers departed early this am from Mildenhall at 0700z Westbound.
Acars shows KPSM as destination..
WOODN-21 KC-135 #58-0004
WOODN-22 KC-135 #62-3516

BM82557

How much traffic are you hearing on SIRN relating to MilAir? I can plug these TGs into my digital receiver and start lugging that around. Is the crew at KMRB making frequent use of it airborne or is it mostly ground (non-flying) ops?

TG 9553 is used in the air by the Parkersburg helos, the other talk groups I posted here are non-flying but will most likely be more active during the airshow

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
As for that ANG readiness exercise announced for Martinsburg yesterday...Not much action. A KMRB C-17 flew to Martin State, maybe on unrelated business. And a Kiowa helo from Parkersburg did some milling around near Winchester and then flew home. I'm monitoring the tower and have ADS-B up on a monitor here in the office, but there ain't anything interesting going on. We were thinking of going up to the airport tomorrow to see the action, if there is action. But the exercise does continue over the weekend.

Well, no sooner did I post that than COLT-01 and -02 showed up on the ILS to 26. Not showing on the ADS-B. Military Call Sign List suggests these are A-10s from Martin State. Tower reports visibility two miles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.