Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
POTUS heads to Florida on Saturday morning, no word if this will change scheduled beach trip.

Also, FAA Safety Team Notice for Monday believe this will be a Labor Day/Union Event.

Notice: Expect VIP movement September 04, 2023 in the vicinity of Philadelphia, PA. Pilots can expect temporary airspace restrictions in conjunction with this VIP movement.

Last edited:

hrspotter

Jet noise lover
If the MH-60s are the same as the UH-60's, they are just removable stubs to attach external fuel tanks and/ or weapons (small torpedos ?).

Just guessing really, but that is my understanding, although frankly the MH-60s "wings" seem stubbier and go along the fuselage more than a regular UH-60s "wings".

Thanks
Joel
I have seen them used for Hellfires and tanks, that’s about it.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Okay, maybe off topic, maybe not, we will need to wait and see. :ROFLMAO:

Today the Department of Defense launched a website on the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office to provide the public with information concerning AARO and its efforts to understand and resolve unidentified anomalous phenomena. The website also includes some videos of UAP (formerly UFOs).

New AARO Website

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1510- Hearing some intermittent A2A chat on 235.4. I have that listed as a Langley NASA freq. Couple of acft travelling together. Mention wx & active runway 5 at destination
Rgr I was hearing some of those coms very weak also and couldn't make them out.
Oceana KNTU has a runway 5 then heard this..
1515 local WILDCAT-11 flight of two at FL240 dropping down toFL200.Nothing heard after that.
Your right Larry was Wildcats of VFA-131 :) VFA-131 - Wikipedia They like Ike too! :)

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Interesting....

Pack85 (KC-46) in AR631 - NOT broadcasting ADSB - about to refuel HULL02 (C5M)
Sometimes in refueling and fighters too receivers will turn off mode s so local ATC guys
won't get those automatic computer collision alarms on their consoles once aircraft go MARSA.
Usually the tanker will control the MARSA flight with ATC.
HULL-02 is Dover C-5M #69-0024 the ex and only C-5A converted to C-5M type.

2109 local HULL-02 showing again on mode s as tanking all done.

"MILITARY AUTHORITY ASSUMES RESPONSIBILITY FOR SEPARATION OF AIRCRAFT (MARSA)- A condition whereby the military services involved assume responsibility for separation between participating military aircraft in the ATC system. It is used only for required IFR operations which are specified in letters of agreement or other appropriate FAA or military documents"

See on ADSB tonight that MacDill KC-135's continue working their way back from California and McConnell after Hurrevac.

Last edited:

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
have seen them used for Hellfires and tanks, that’s about it.
iu

iu

The MH-60s can also carry some small torpedos?

Australian-MH-60R-helicopters-achieve-a-first-with-Mk-54-torpedoes-768x512.jpg

The more I looked at pictures, the more the "wings" or "Stubs" look different, i guess there are lots of options for these depending on what is wanted and who owns them.

Thanks
Joel

Last edited:

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Quiet Friday..
1343 local FIRST-01 with ZDC UHF at FL-390.
1350 local FIRST-01 going down to FL220 direct Norfolk.. Guessing Norfolk waypoint?

See a few C-17's into KGNV Gainsville Fla today.. Assume Potus headed there tomorrow.
Runway is only 7500 feet so guess will take the C-32 type down.

1506 local getting some weak A/A coms on 363.900

Last edited:

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Monday, September 4, the President will travel to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to celebrate Labor Day. The President’s arrival at Philadelphia International Airport, Atlantic Aviation, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We know it will be in the morning, probably before 10am but times haven't been released.

Status
Not open for further replies.