Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
So much for a holiday for the military men and women flying POTUS around tomorrow...

7:15 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Rehoboth Beach, Delware en route to Dover, Delaware
7:45 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Dover, Delaware en route to Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8:15 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

9:20 AM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks Sheet Metal Workers’ Local 19, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

10:20 AM THE PRESIDENT departs Philadelphia, Pennsylvania en route to en route to New Castle, Delaware
10:50 AM THE PRESIDENT arrives in New Castle, Delaware
5:25 PM THE PRESIDENT departs New Castle, Delaware en route to Joint Base Andrews
6:15 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the White House
6:25 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House South Lawn

And for the Vice President...

The Vice President will depart Washington, D.C. for Jakarta, Indonesia to attend the U.S.-ASEAN Summit and the East Asia Summit.

At 8:00 AM EDT, the Vice President will depart Joint Base Andrews en route to Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska.
At 12:15 PM AKDT, the Vice President will arrive at Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska for a re-fueling stop.
At 2:15 PM AKDT, the Vice President will depart Elmendorf Air Force Base, Alaska en route to Yokota Air Base, Japan.

Last edited:

N4TX

Scanning since the age of crystal scanners.
Premium Subscriber
The Wall Street Journal is running a story this morning entitled "Chinese Gate-Crashers at U.S. Bases Spark Espionage Concerns. Washington has tracked about 100 incidents involving Chinese nationals trying to access American military and other installations"

If you are a subscriber, you can find it at:

I can't send it because it's long, an exclusive and copyrighted. It gets into many creative ways the Chinese spooks have tried, including scuba visits, claims to have reservations at on-base hotels and even ramming through the gates. This is not being done by the Chinese diplomats and attaches but rather by ordinary Chinese living in the U.S. but actively working for their government. That includes an incident at NAS Key West.

I've often thought that if base security were looking for someone parked outside military bases with a car full of monitoring equipment and a very old clearance, they could very easily find...me.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
1005- Noble 21 check in w/Huntress (260.9)
Rgr Ron starting up a new CAP? See a tanker coming South TABOO-42 #60-0362.
NOBLE-21 working ZDC on 363.000. Say they are getting light icing climbing up thru the clouds.
Coast Guard helo 6506 circling downtown Philly.. Bouncer-1?

Last edited:

BM82557

The Wall Street Journal is running a story this morning entitled "Chinese Gate-Crashers at U.S. Bases Spark Espionage Concerns. Washington has tracked about 100 incidents involving Chinese nationals trying to access American military and other installations"

If you are a subscriber, you can find it at:

I can't send it because it's long, an exclusive and copyrighted. It gets into many creative ways the Chinese spooks have tried, including scuba visits, claims to have reservations at on-base hotels and even ramming through the gates. This is not being done by the Chinese diplomats and attaches but rather by ordinary Chinese living in the U.S. but actively working for their government. That includes an incident at NAS Key West.

I've often thought that if base security were looking for someone parked outside military bases with a car full of monitoring equipment and a very old clearance, they could very easily find...me.

Thanks for posting that, I had been aware of this one --

frank3si

I get these same feelings when I'm doing things like staking out Air Force One as I did earlier today. :cautious: I'm usually packing a lot of camera gear including a very big 200-500mm zoom that looks suspiciously like a portable missile launcher. I've had a number of clearances at aviation/aerospace government activities but I don't think that's going to carry much weight out in the field, nor will my Aerospace Perceptions business card :LOL:

KB1JHU

Off topic one of the FAA Flight-Checks doing nightly flights out of Westchester NY. Shows as Cessna 208 but
could be one of their Beech-300's. Amusing mode s designation of (FAAFC2) with callsign FLTCK2U
FLTCK2U Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware

I looked into this the other night. They identified as a Cessna Caravan when they landed at KHPN for fuel. I still haven't been able to figure out what aircraft it was, could be a contractor.

MUTNAV

Premium Subscriber
Off topic one of the FAA Flight-Checks doing nightly flights out of Westchester NY. Shows as Cessna 208 but
could be one of their Beech-300's. Amusing mode s designation of (FAAFC2) with callsign FLTCK2U
FLTCK2U Flight Tracking and History - FlightAware
The FAA uses only one of 5 types of aircraft for flight inspection, so my guess is mis-identified in flight tracker, just a guess though.

Thanks
Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.