Mid-Atlantic MilAir 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdmonitor

I had Rhody's A/A in May thru here on 314.450 but was out today when they passed thru here :(

AF-1 #92-9000 off Andrews I guess enroute JFK to pick up Potus.
Mark

Saw that too. Was out so didn't hear him depart ADW, but if POTUS not on board call shud be Venus 02. Now looks like 92-9000 is heading for Harrisburg.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I had Rhody's A/A in May thru here on 314.450 but was out today when they passed thru here :(

AF-1 #92-9000 off Andrews I guess enroute JFK to pick up Potus.

POTUS is in the WH today, left NYC yesterday

EDT

9:00 AM THE PRESIDENT receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
10:00 AM In-Town Pool Call Time
3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY welcome President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Mrs. Olena Zelenska of Ukraine to the White House
3:25 PM THE PRESIDENT holds a bilateral meeting with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine
4:00 PM THE PRESIDENT holds an expanded bilateral meeting with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine
7:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to the Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
8:25 PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 46th Annual Gala
9:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House

Mark

Premium Subscriber
POTUS is in the WH today, left NYC yesterday

EDT

9:00 AM THE PRESIDENT receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
10:00 AM In-Town Pool Call Time
3:00 PM THE PRESIDENT and THE FIRST LADY welcome President Volodymyr Zelenskyy and Mrs. Olena Zelenska of Ukraine to the White House
3:25 PM THE PRESIDENT holds a bilateral meeting with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine
4:00 PM THE PRESIDENT holds an expanded bilateral meeting with President Volodymyr Zelenskyy of Ukraine
7:10 PM THE PRESIDENT departs the White House en route to the Washington Convention Center, Washington, DC
8:25 PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute 46th Annual Gala
9:00 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives at the White House
Thanks yeah changed my post when I saw that schedule earlier.. Unusual to keep that callsign when not in Potus use.

Got a B-52 or two coming Northeast from Barksdale into Tennessee.. See if it keeps heading this way.
There is a couple of KC-135's out of Illinois also headed towards Buffs on AR-203.Maybe just a local A/R?

Last edited:

JetWash

I'm probably very late to the party on this, but can anybody clue me in on the mission of Beech 200 aircraft flying as "GLARE99" that's been flying a very precise and repeated north/south pattern from Urbana, MD to Woodbridge, VA for several hours? Same thing and same flight path for hours yesterday. Many thanks!

[Edit 7 minutes later:] No sooner did I post that than he turned around and seems about to land at Hagerstown. Still, I'm curious about his mission.

Last edited:

mdmonitor

I'm probably very late to the party on this, but can anybody clue me in on the mission of Beech 200 aircraft flying as "GLARE99" that's been flying a very precise and repeated north/south pattern from Urbana, MD to Woodbridge, VA for several hours? Same thing and same flight path for hours yesterday. Many thanks!

[Edit 7 minutes later:] No sooner did I post that than he turned around and seems about to land at Hagerstown. Still, I'm curious about his mission.
Jet,

The Glare ## are MC-12s that are part of the Sierra Nevada Corp ops at Hagerstown. They usually do alot of systems testing out of both Hagerstown & NAS Lakehurst NJ.

freqhopping

Arlington flyovers are scheduled for 0900 and 1100 on Monday, both by 'Naval Air Force Atlantic'. One for sure will be for Marine LtGen Vince Stewart, he died in April. The other likely CDR Mike May. Neither were pilots so probably some MV-22s for the general.

Tuesday a Navy/Marine flyover is scheduled for 1100, probably for USMC MajGen Herbert Wilkerson+first wife, infantry and intelligence.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
German Air Force A400, GAF062 3F4F0F just departed AEX (Alexandria Louisiana) heading to Pope in NC. Supposed to be a Spanish Air Force A400 (AME3144) also on same route, but haven't seen them.
Spanish plane is up now AME-3144 A400 type.. Also 3 C-130J's departed KAEX 19th AW PUMA-11,12,13 into Pope.
Finishing up joint exercise or just relocating to Pope?
Several C-17's out of McGuire went down to KAEX late today as BASCO-08,09,10.

Last edited:

JetWash

Confirmed…
353.5 is the UHF pair for 128.3 ZNY Ship Bottom, and RRDB already reflects this.
But not sure about 257.725. Spare?
Was just catching up on older posts and saw this, and it connects to my recent observation about freqs not being included in the RRDB. The NFDD on November 15 2021 deleted 353.5 and multiple FAA documents I just checked all show 257.725 as ZNY low altitude at Ship Bottom RCAG, with no mention of 353.5 anywhere.

So here's a suggestion that there be a part of the RRDB that would include freqs (from official FAA documents like the NFDD, NOTAMS, FRQ_CSV, their AFF file and others) that just haven't been confirmed yet by listening? Think of it as "pending confirmation". I think we've all seen items like 257.725 that haven't been updated in the RRDB yet but the FAA shows them, and items like 353.5 that do still appear in the database but the FAA says were deleted almost two years ago. Thoughts?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Was just catching up on older posts and saw this, and it connects to my recent observation about freqs not being included in the RRDB. The NFDD on November 15 2021 deleted 353.5 and multiple FAA documents I just checked all show 257.725 as ZNY low altitude at Ship Bottom RCAG, with no mention of 353.5 anywhere.

So here's a suggestion that there be a part of the RRDB that would include freqs (from official FAA documents like the NFDD, NOTAMS, FRQ_CSV, their AFF file and others) that just haven't been confirmed yet by listening? Think of it as "pending confirmation". I think we've all seen items like 257.725 that haven't been updated in the RRDB yet but the FAA shows them, and items like 353.5 that do still appear in the database but the FAA says were deleted almost two years ago. Thoughts?
Back in January poster here had traffic on 353.500.. Sometimes it pays to keep older expired freqs around
no matter what the FAA says.. Course maybe in that lone instance pilot had old freq log :)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber

That is what the RR wiki is for, unconfirmed information or information from other sources that were not monitored or identified.

Status
Not open for further replies.